Thread: office funnies
View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2014, 05:28 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: office funnies

There were so many murders of english language that i now find it difficult to recall. A couple stand out.

'Pressurize me 'is used instead of 'Pressure me', 'say me' instead of 'tell me'. Not by offshore guys but those on site! And prepone is actually an Indian invention. the correct word is advance (some say that prepone has made it to the dictionary).

Let me tweak this for restaurant funnies. on one of my earlier visits to US, I go into burger king and order Cheeseburger, thinking it just has cheese. Another pure vegetarian apparently thought that Pepperoni means 'Pepper and Onion' and hence is veggie and kept on eating them for quite some time till some one told him the real components!