Thread: Achche Din
View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2018, 08:27 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Achche Din

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Now, for demonetization, you were affected as you posted elsewhere. But does fuel price rise pinch you now. How about your help and staff? And how much does rupee dollar rate and stock market fall affect you?
Why I am asking is because I tend to cross check my own din against achchhe din. In the india shining days of 2003, my salary was rising again lus a lot of luxuries like air travel became affordable.
The Congress rule did start pinching starting with mid day meal surcharge, then jump in service tax and then fringe benefit tax. And my cyber coolie employer was shitting in the pants when rupee went up to 35 a dollar. They did not lay off then though (that happened in 2008/9).
I will dig up my post from then to show even those days I did not cry about Petrol.
No I am not affected personally . But achche din are not coming at all . Where are the much touted achche din ?

During my Daman trip 3 days of driving a Toyota Innova cost me 3400 rupees of Diesel . Now I am easily capable of bearing the cost and more if it comes to that . But probably others will feel the pinch .

I don't invest in stock markets at all but what about those who do ? Another company ( IL and FS ) is having bad loan crisis now , which has affected the stock market . How come all this is still happening in an allegedly non corrupt government ?

Last edited by ashdoc; September 28th, 2018 at 08:41 AM.