View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On Things, "This and That"

Oh the bell sleeves and the golden meals…

The “in” thing right now, if you are not aware are the bell sleeved everything. Back in the days, women wore blouses that had bells/frill, bell pants etc. Now the trend started off again. We were getting late for a playdate. I think we called for a playdate more for us grownups than the kids. My 6 year old insisted she is “very” hungry suddenly and wants to eat before we leave. I give her idly and a bowl of sambar that is golden is color (but of course eh). She was eating spoonful’s and shaking her head as she was explaining about why its important to have late bedtime routines. She was shaking her head so hard that I anxiously started watching if the beads on her hair would fall into the sambar she is eating.

And then my carefully planned look of bell sleeves and golden heels took a backseat while I watched her with amusement. It occurred to me (like Vonnegut would put) then that
all along I had been trying build a life that made sense from the things that I found in gift shops.