View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Time to change the overseas business model of Hindi films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desichacha View Post
Sunit what you are describing is what people call the holy grail in movie business once the bandwidth becomes bit better ( like fibre optic last mile)

Then if u wish to go to cinema u go...if u wish to watch at home..[ay $3..and watch home...

But I think it is just matter of time..

Netflix is trying but not able to get new movies...movie houses are run by Americans..Wait till they get some desi CEO who can help them win
Many movies are a big screen treat and I do go to the cinema hall. But to be honest, the cost of a movie at the cinema hall is quite a bit. 10 dollars for the ticket. If you go out, typically on a weekend, then add cost of dinner. Then add cost of a coke at the cinema hall. I am not into popcorn.

On average its 40 dollars for a dinner and a movie.

Compare that to a good home theater system with surround sound, etc. Plus you have the comfort of lazing on your sofa. YOu can pause the movie at will to take bathroom breaks You can also decide to complete the movie the next day.

I find it more comfortable to be at home and watch. I dont want to rip off the producers and watch it free, but they have to make the movie easily available at home and at a reasonable price. I am willing to pay 3 to 4 dollars for a pay-per-view kind of setup and 7 to 8 dollars if they let me keep the movie for as long as I want. I see advantages of paid content like excellent print quality, good sound.

I tried out bigflix.com but those morons use Windows Media Player 11 with some DRM plugins. I have had many technical problems with this setup because sometimes Media Player will complain that I dont have the necessary license and what not. Also the stupid site insists on showing some commercials despite the fact that I have paid for the movie! I absoltutely resent it when they show commercials for paid content!