View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM
aam aurat

Parijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Genie In The Shadows - PVN Rao

If we compare the Congress PMs not from Nehru family, all are very disguinshed persons starting with Lal Bahadur, PVN and MMS. Even Gulzarilal Nanda ji, filler before and after Lal Bahadur ji, was a very upright and honest person.

Before UPA-II I had great regard for MMS and his brilliant, scholarly career as student, professor and later as beurocrat, member of think tanks, RBI Governor and then FM, but with his cowardice and inaction during all the recent maha scams have disillusioned me. There is proof, such as RBI current governor Subba Rao's letter to Raja in 2007 Oct raising objections to his pricing spectrum in 2008 at 2001 prices and also evidence that Chidambaram, then FM, as well MMS were in the loop through all this. PVN of course, lawyer, sanskrit scholar, journalist and polyglot knowing 8 languages. And Lal Bahadur coming from humble back ground and known for his stellar honesty and freedom fighter.

Coming to Nehru family, Nehru himself was `nominated` PM by Gandhiji while Sardar Patel was the choice of the party, well educated but had the backing of Motilal Nehru's $$. Rajeev and onwards it is just the fact of their being born in `The Family` that makes them distuingished! For me , Indira ji is the only great personality in the Nehru clan. She is the only one who had to fight for the PM position, first to become Congress chief where she had to face the then bigwigs of INC such as Kamraj etc by whom she was called `goongi gudia` , but she cut them all down to size, split the party and became boss lady, then went on to cut Pakistan into 1/2.... Also, called variously bitch and witch and `She suckered us. Suckered us.....this woman suckered us` by the frustrated Nixon and Kissinger for ignoring them royally.... I wish we had more `men` like her today!