View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Prashant Bhushan assaulted in his SC chamber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
I am not sure what is a person supposed to do if someone like Arundhati or a Mehbooba mufti makes a statement which hurt his/her sentiments.

The authorities do nothing. They just do khana poorti. And someone makes a stmt which emotionally stirs you. Do you just keep quiet? I am not sure.

As a a Maharashtrian, if someone says that Mumbai should be seperated from Maharashtra, I get emotionally stirred.

So as an Indian or a Kashmiri, someone else might get stirred on a similar stmt made on his state of JnK. Authorities do nothing.

What do you think is the right course of action?
He is not breaking the law by saying what is on his mind. You or others whose sentiments were hurt by his utterances do not have a right to break laws and beat him up. If your counter-opinion is the popular opinion, then I am sure you will find enough support to create an advocacy group that will go against this Bhushan fellow and use whatever legal means you have to discredit his opinions or make sure his opinions dont get the media attention. There are many legal means available.

Do you know the recent Hank Williams Jr story?