View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2016, 08:38 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Is it just me or ..

Post similar questions or queries here for discussion.

So here I go on a rant.. a couple of incidents that have made me think.

1. A desi colleague had a baby boy born a couple weeks back, his first child, yet after he came back he brought no sweets. Is it just me or have desis (living abroad or even in des?) given up our customs and social etiquette all together?

2. A familiar desi guy (a neighbor friend), didn't inform his parents in India until 8th month of pregnancy that they were due, then invited only his mother to come to US to help with post-natal care. The baby was born 2 months back, till date he has not told anybody, it's as if it's a shameful thing I saw his mom roaming and crying in our parking lot last month, I invited her up to my place for tea, she cried for an hour sharing her misery with my wife. Is it just me or are desis living in USA away from family are losing it completely?