View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Narendra Modi : Answer To India's Prayers?

Can you pls. focus on why Modi succeeded in implementing Narmada Canal and all other stalwarts failed?

The project was under implementation even before Modi came to power.... The network of Canals was being laid all along the State.... It just got completed in Modi's time.... Does it mean, Mr. Modi was instrumental in its implementation...?? What kind of a logic is this.... If there are any echarchans from North Gujarat, they would know the extent of canal work that was done before Modi came to power....

Was there a BJP during the time of Sardar Patel? It's just incidental that Narendra Modi's icon too is Sardar Patel. Also pls. let me know if we should start of from Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's rein unti MoanMohan Singh's rein. Or should we restric ourselves to comparison between MoanMohan Singh and Narendra Modi.

I completely fail to understand what you are trying to say....!!! The simple point is that Gujarat was already always progressive much before Modi came to power.... He had a head start in many areas... He failed to capitalize on that head start....

Govt statistics dont indicate so. I know that there was a cottage industry and Khadi gram udyog there.

Wow... So Gujarat was only Cottage Industry and Khadi gram Udyog...?? ... Did you ever visit Gujarat...?? South Gujarat was always the most Industrialized zone in the country....!!! Baroda to Vapi...!!! Please ask some of your colleagues from Gujarat to confirm this fact....

To me it is a bench mark. Can differ in our opinions isnt it? Hope you are not like Kapil Sibal who wanted to impose curbs free speech on the internet.

Raj is a toddler cry baby.... So I wont prefer to discuss him.... If you believe in him, so be it.... He's not my benchmark for sure.... And I have no motivations to proselytize you....

BRTS
While Projects and new experiments can fail, that doesnt take away the fact that progressive governements have atleast conceptualized it well ahead in times and tried to even implement it.... No new experiement is completely risk free.... Even Delhi Metro could have failed but today it stands out as the single most laudable achievements of Sheila Dixit governement....!!