View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:34 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's hindi movie reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
PK

If you are expecting the film to be anti hindu like the hindu nationalists are complaining , your experience will be underwhelming....In fact I found nothing anti hindu in the movie . If you are a believer in some godman and find the film anti your religious beliefs , then your belief in the godman is your own stupidity anyway.....
I would disagree with that (as i do for a lot of things). It is not just the Anti hindu angle. It is Aamir Khan being self righteous and giving uncalled for Sermons. Let me start with other Hirani Films -

Lage Raho Munnabhai was right on in assailing superstition and all the numerology. These are not age old beliefs. And the concept was interesting (like PK) of How Gandhiji would handle various situations. There is a good chance he might not have sent flowers and get well cards, but we can live with that in a fictional film.

Then comes 3 idiots where sermonizing begins.
One batchmate who is an Engineer working in a Bank wanted to file a complaint somewhere about calling such people as donkeys, but a lot asked her to chill. He also mocks Sharman Joshi's worshipping. A lot of successful people worship. A lot of people do not. It is one's individual choice. And How premier engineering colleges run is grossly misrepresented.

And now on PK.

Starts by mocking a traditional name - Jagat Janani. I know a Madrasi Colleague whose daughter's name was Janani.
tries to create awkward situations like Coconuts in a Church, white dress could be for widows and tries to show that people are devotees or follow gurus only for insecurity. It also generalizes that all gurus or keepers of temples are cheats.

'Water' is far less offensive than this one. It had to be shot in Sri Lanka.