View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Devyani Khobragade incident: What's your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Character assassination. Its a big term. I really dont see how I have assassinated her character when I say its common for people to take subway or buy groceries at costco.

I honestly feel this is being blown out of proportions. Yes, it was indeed shameful on the police's part for strip search etc without proper protocols. Yes, I feel she deserves an apology and more (though, it is not going to be enough for the trauma she was put through for a visa fraud).My sympathies with the lady and her family.
What i dont get is, why are the charges laid against her being over shadowed? Being a diplomat and in a very high position, one is expected to live by the standards. Are the investigations even being made if the charges are real?

I was looking at news and people are saying "we should strip their diplomats here in India"....how low can we fall?
Dirty is calling her names (even bringing her caste into picture.. calling her bhangi, bitch, what not ) just because he may be American citizen and his hate for anything India is quite apparent.. pretty much same with you. .. this holier than thou and know it all attitude.

Without knowing the least about an official you both are commenting on her personal things, shopping, etc.. She is allowed a domestic help with special visa, so why shouldn't she? Like I said there are lots of things in play some of which I learnt watching the TV debates.

You have a tendency to read things in the wrong manner.. you even started a thread on it I recall.