View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why I Left India (Again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Read this article written by a desi techie who moved back to India from Bay area and then this chicken along with quitter family went back to CA again.. prolly wifey couldn't handle in-laws and relatives..

Congratulations on your marriage, Sarvisukthinaam pai.

I think you misunderstood the point the blog guy was making.And he is making a very valid point. I am of the same opinion too... I agree with him completely. It is not the poverty or the dirtiness or the society or anything that he is complaining about. He is okay and has come to terms with all that. But when you start to lose your identity... your own inner self... I think it is time for a rethink.

As for me, I try not to stay in India that long that I lose this identity. And I know it will happen... I will become one of them... yes them... the same them that I do not want to become. I want to be me... me so that I can go around berating them. But the day I become them... who do I berate

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless