View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why I Left India (Again)

I never have an issue with visiting India because I know it firmly in my mind that India is a third world country with third world infrastructure and amenities. So no point crying about it. The author too was realizing this and accepting it.

I no longer believe that "India Shining" etc. Its all bullshit and it will take India another 50 years to achieve anything comparable to a average European nation or the Far East. Even to reach levels of Singapore, it will take decades.

So India as a truly developed nation is a pipe dream, at least in my own life time.

As for mentality of government officers and clerks - its the same as politicians. Let us all make hay whether sun shines or not. Its our birthright!

So even if a 100 Anna Hazares take birth and a 100 A Raja's and Kanimozhis are convicted and sentenced, there will always be 'fresh piece of shit' to take their place.

So best is to treat India what it truly is - A place for you to visit your family, reminisce about your years in India and then move on.

And yes, Bollywood for its super films starring Salman Khan and Ajay Devgun