View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
I feel that one should know HIndi

We all learn English at school and use it at the office atleast.

Then we learn our own mother tongue which is "usually" the regional language of the state we reside in.

We need to learn Hindi as it becomes easier to communciate with a person from a different state.

I mean , it becomes easy to talk to someone from say South India, if I am from North India.

Offcourse English is there but HIndi has a more special context as we can communcate more in the Indian context.

I definitely encourage all to learn Hindi - we need to have a unifying language. English is usually learnt and spoken in big cities and towns... whereas Hindi is something that can be found even in a village - atleast in Northern parts of India.