View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2017, 05:54 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Watching movies offline

Checking which of the offline channels are still being used and telling my own experience.
1- discs rented from Desi stores- never tried it, it was the preferred means for some family members when I visited Umrika earlier
2-Blockbuster- seemed be quite popular. But seems to have been wiped out by Netflix by the time I started living in Umrika.
3- Netflix discs- was hotand quite convenient.Used to get discs for kids on Dora and all. But when they split the services in2011, dropped the disc option.
4- library- this has been the most popular offline means for me. Watched Star Wars series, Godfather and Dr Zhivago on this. I see some desi movies too on the rack but they seem to be “NRI movies” sentimental and so on. Did catch up on ‘Haider’ once though.
5-Redbox- convenient to pick up, but the pain is in finishing the movie and returning the next day. Works if a kiosk is close by.
6-Lastly the good old way of going to the theatre and watching the movie. Do that only if there is an offer on something the Bachcha log will live.