View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shivaji Statue being erected off the Bombay coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger
Hehehehe .. same old story .. same old jhagda.

What the big ruckus is about Shivaji statue, I dont get. One thing is true - Shivaji didnt do dick for Bombay - Shivaji wasnt a Bombayite. If they want to put up a statue, put up someone from Bombay. This is once again a case of Maharashtra trying to force Shivaji down Bombay's throat. Anyway, who cares about a statue. We've build statues for thugs like Bal thokre and his bitches. We've built statues for Bhosdekar. Whats one more statue?

Name - who gives a shit either. I still call it Bombay. People understand what I am talking about. I still address my postage letters to Bombay - they still get there. When it was officially Bombay, some people called it Mumbai then. Now its officially Mumbai, some people still call it Bombay. Big deal. In a couple of generations, it will be Mumbai - coz the guys who grew up with Bombay will be dead. So call it what you want - dont judge others by what they want to call it.
Melly, ab saare ghaati log tereku pitne waale hai.

I agree with you completely.
I call Bombay too.
But I don't send postage letters though since I talk over phone.

Anyway...

Add one more thing,

Don't force others too to call it Mumbai. If you want ppl to call mumbai a mumbai, respect them. Can not force anyone by beating them to respect Shivaji. I do. But in the name of Shivaji, terrorising ppl is wrong.

And Chpai,

About this issue, don't side with ShivSainiks. NCP idiots were also part of this beating of reporter too. So now are you gonna side with them too!