View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2018, 06:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Reservation for Muslims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
Actually all the general category people who lose out, they lose out to their own category people.

jeetIAF
that is funny, ironic, stupid, intelligent - all at the same time. A comment worthy of coming from Shring

there is a race of 7 people. Awards are given to people who come 1st, 2nd and 6th. You are saying the person coming 3rd actually lost out to those coming 1st and 2nd and the person coming 6th deserves the award more than the one who came 3rd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post

Selection in Armed forces is not by merit, it is by selection and that is the process that I was trying to advocate all along, In SSB, if anyone here has attended one, nobody asks about "roll on top maneuver" or Drum rolls in the test. One might have topped NDA written exam but might never make out to be clear from SSB. I had a friend in my battalion in NDA with surname Kambli from Dharavi Slum, he consistently had poor percentage but it always increased by 1 % finally reaching 55% in 12th. He finally graduated into Indian Navy and is now a Wulur lake boy. What are his chances of becoming an engineer in IIT or doctor from AIIMS? None.

jeetIAF

Bhai, I do not understand your argument - if there is one there. you say Armed forces selection is not by merit - without even a full stop, in the same statement you mention it is by selection - I know that the selection criteria does not include anything about the caste or economic condition of the candidate.

so how do you say there is no merit involved? Merit is not just academic excellence, its a result of one's capabilities - which caste/religion one is born in is not their capability.

Your friend Kambli - would he have passed SSB only because he is born a Kambli, because of his caste? Surely he had to prove capabilities acceptable for entry to NDA?