Thread: Lateral puzzle
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lateral puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
^^

These are 15+ yrs old famous puzzles, and had at that time ( when internet had started ) contributed at taht time,..on many desi/non-desi,.. threads like these, on many forums,
almost 100000 times on such and very similar tons of other GKs, Presence of mind sharp queries, wits, lateral thinking,.. and many such,…
so these sound pretty old now,..

Home kids means,.. whenever at any family function in US, we get-together our , Br-In-law’s kids, cousin kids and have always an easy zamela of 15-20 family kids on any small family dinner occasion,.. and just to occupy them keeping busy , we give them such sursuriyas and let them, stay busy, sharpen their brains, in search for intelligence,.
Besides those card tricks, monopoly,.. scrabble games, Chess,.. etc.
Kids love these intelligent puzzles/queries,..…
And If you do not know,.. here in US, the teachers do not believe in rutting ( LBH ) and every week they give kids, such homework of mental exercise mathematical and logical kind of some standard puzzle,…
where we eldesr also have to sharpen our skills to assist them,..

Say,..
This hat and three men on ladders standing,.
Those light bulbs puzzle like here,..
Three friends and hotel paying 30 bucks and a dollar is lost
Camel and banana puzzle,.. ( Google with this search word, that's alsoa standard and very famous puzzle almost all 2-4th grade kids here, knows )
Goat, lion grass and single boat,..
That Einstein’s standard puzzle of narration of 10-20 statements,.
Putting an elephant in freeze,.. - lateral puzzle,..
Two measuring units of 5 and 3 liters and dividing 8 liters of milk in 4-4,..
Two guys one truth-speaker and other liar and finding the heaven gate,..
What come twice in a week and once in a year,.
Make 15 cents using only two US coins and one of the coins should not be a nickel.

And tons of such very famous like these are almost thousand years old now,.. and if you one is hearing for the first time, then it simply means,...he is kinda novice in this field,..

Being an Eng. Student, I still remember,.. a long ago,..
during my 1st year, 1st semester of the engineering subject,..Engg Drawing's viva test,.. we were asked this one,..
I ( had little Engg approach though,.. ) and others we all 3 gusy ( in viva exam test ) had tried our hard at that time,..
and though they had laffed ( profs ) they had given me the good marks just for attempting with various imagination,.....
and the way I had tried my best and w/ very hard efforts putting, anywhich way I could,.. ( Though, I had not solved it )

Try,.. any technical guys here, on this very easy and simple looking one.

Draw a square on a paper ( say 4 inch of each sides ) , draw inside it, an another square of say 1 inch of each sides, exactly centered
( means, both the diagonals of both the squares, have the same mid-point ) .
No other lines joined from any corner to any corner, or No other lines at all - just one square, centered inside another big square )

Now, if this picture is the look of the front view as well as top view ( Front Elevation and Plan ) of a single object / wooden pattern,..
what that object would be looking like in 3D ? can you draw it, giving a try ?

1) 45 degree prism with a small 45 degree projected prism on hypotenuse.
OR
2) 45 degree prism with a small 45 degree prism depression on hypotenuse.

Last edited by dhurandhar; March 7th, 2015 at 04:33 PM.