View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2017, 05:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apples to Oranges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I had a very interesting conversation with a friend of mine recently and something has been bothering me.

She is going to have a baby in the next 2 months. They decided to circumcise the child (not because of religion; they claim its more hygienic etc).
I did not do it for my child (she asked me why I didnt do it) as I believed perhaps he should be the one to make a call when he grows up and its not a part of my religion anyway.

Now the interesting part is that, she gently points out the hypocrisy in me. I got my daughters ears pierced when she was 8 months (we used numbing gel).
She asked me why I did not feel the need to let my daughter have a say in whether or not she wants her ears pierced.

Am i being a hypocrite? I feel its comparing apples to oranges. female genital mutilation would be equivalent to circumcision.

what are your thoughts?

your friend on echarcha? If not, ask them to join! will be good to exchange views