PDA

View Full Version : India Movie full of shit

perfect_storm
February 14th, 2001, 03:58 PM
A 3 hours torture from Indian Movies...how can they make same kind of movies again and agian....still they are making...If some one is crying or dyeing those directores/producers just put one song on that situation.....BAN the Indian movies......Only few talented dirrectors are there in Indian Film indutry rest of them are a piece of shit.

What do say on these Indian Movies......????

viking
February 14th, 2001, 04:08 PM
The only essential component of Hindi movies is 'Pyar'..love story and hero heroine and villan and dishum dhishum...thats it..nothing else.You should be able to add a tint of cheapness some Mumbaiyya Hindi and ofcourse 'Pyar' between the Hero and Heroine.And dialogs like 'Do sacche premiyo ko duniya juda nahi kar sakti' and all that frekin crap thats it!.

aryaputra
February 14th, 2001, 05:44 PM
and you guys think that Hollywood is great?

I have not seen any movie for year 2000 which is directed outstandingly.

All these guys are doing are blending the computer animations and real life in a fantastic sense. But that does not make a movie. It's the direction which is important.

best example is Gladiator which is piece of shit from a direction and story view point. All the movie has to offer is technical wizardary...which is useless without good direction.

same goes for Mission impossible-II. piece of crap as far as representing the story on the screen is concerned.

This is true for this year's Hannibal too. All blood and gory scenes...not a thriller like "Silence of the lambs" which was directed beautifully. When was that released? certainly not in the last 2 years? right?

So how can you ban Bollywood films only?

Indian
February 14th, 2001, 07:22 PM
Bollywood or Hollywood

Good and Bad is every where ..

I had seen hell number of routine action movies in HOLLYWOOD
and
I had seen hell number of routine social dramas in BOLLYWOOD

comparing both these industries ..i dont thhink it is logical. There is a wide culture gap between Hollywood and Bollywood.

if a dialogue like "Main tumhare bache ka maa ban ne wali hoon" is routine in BOLLYWOOD
then
dialouge like "f**k of Ass hole " is often repeated in HOLLYWOOD

VIKING.
Indian movies are not just HINDI movies.
More than hindi movies there are hell number of movies made in South..(I think 3 times more the number of Hindi Movies)
I dont know much about films made in..other parts in India. But there are movies in other parts in India ..which can excell and are competent with HOLLYWOOD.
Infact ..many hindi movie goers would have already tasted the south talent .
Films like
Roja
Satya
Rangeela..
etc..are from directors of south
some films of south are DUBBED into Hindi , and are appreciated , but many of them are not DUBBED into hindi ...so i feel a large population of India is missing many number of good south movies. Especially the Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil movies.

I being from south .. feel lucky that ..i enjoy both Hindi and movies from south.

perfect_storm ...
I assume that.. you would have got a pinch by watching some stupid Hindi movie ..and bursted out your anger here.
I cannot agree that all Hindi movies are crap !

perfect_storm
February 15th, 2001, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Indian
Bollywood or Hollywood

Good and Bad is every where ..

I had seen hell number of routine action movies in HOLLYWOOD
and
I had seen hell number of routine social dramas in BOLLYWOOD

comparing both these industries ..i dont thhink it is logical. There is a wide culture gap between Hollywood and Bollywood.

if a dialogue like "Main tumhare bache ka maa ban ne wali hoon" is routine in BOLLYWOOD
then
dialouge like "f**k of Ass hole " is often repeated in HOLLYWOOD

perfect_storm ...
I assume that.. you would have got a pinch by watching some stupid Hindi movie ..and bursted out your anger here.
I cannot agree that all Hindi movies are crap !

I am agree with you Indian, NOT all Hindi movies are like this few of them are really good, I also said few directors are really good BUT some of the talented directors just made a routine drama, most of the public go to watch their movies 'cause of their name like Chopra's and Barjatya's and now Johar.....They have talent and if they make "jara hutke" then it will really improve things out here. Sorry Salman's fan but all his latest movie can make anyone to burst his anger......In the last few years there is really some good movies came out from Bollywood e.g. Astitva, Fiza, Sarfarosh, Jubeida, Vastava, Shool, Satya, Dil pe mat le yaar etc.

Aryaputra
I don't think anybody said Hollywood's movies are great...But they always try to make movies in different category, like Adventure, Action, Thriller, Drama, Comedy, Horror.....While in our film industry there is very few directors who try like this (e.g. Ram gopal Verma) otherwise most of them just repeat the same kind of treatment -"Amir hero or Gareeb Heroin or vice-versa, kuch songs kuch dishum dishum...."

aryaputra
February 15th, 2001, 08:48 AM
All I can say is:

Bollywood gives us the choice to select which movie WE want to see out of the SO MANY movies(100's) they make every year. It is upto the viewer to select which movie he wants to see.this is democracy at it's greatest.

Hollywood does not give us a choice. they make so few movies that the situation is like:
"These are 10 movies which are available for you this year...no other choice"...totally undemocratic

perfect_storm
February 15th, 2001, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by aryaputra
All I can say is:
Bollywood gives us the choice to select which movie WE want to see out of the SO MANY movies(100's) they make every year. It is upto the viewer to select which movie he wants to see.this is democracy at it's greatest.

Yes there is so MANY MOVIES just like the population. But most of them are B grade or C grade. ;)

Hollywood does not give us a choice. they make so few movies that the situation is like:
"These are 10 movies which are available for you this year...no other choice"...totally undemocratic

Yes agree, Holyywood makes few movies but definetly it's not 10......Here is the list of Hollywood movies coming on first three months of this year: :)

January :Save the Last Dance,The Wedding Planner,
Double Take,Sugar & Spice,Antitrust

February :Hannibal,The Million Dollar Hotel,
Sweet November,Valentine,Saving Silverman,3000 Miles to Graceland,Enemy at the Gates,Head Over Heels

March :15 Minutes,Say It Isn't So,Exit Wounds,
Get Over It,See Spot Run,The Adventures of Joe Dirt

In fact, Quantity does not always mean Quality, Whether it's Hollywood or Bollywood.

echarcha
February 15th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Just because Hollywwod movies are a lot slicker and have various subjects and Hindi movies dont; does not mean all Hindi films are bad or as you said "shit"

Hindi films have been a important part of our national identity. Right from the pre-indipendence days till today, some of the HIndi film industry's contributions have been very vital.

I still feel my hair on my neck rise when I hear that song -"Jaara aankhon mein bhar ke paani, .. JOshaheed huey hain unki yaad karo Quarbani" sung by Lata Mangeshkar in a Hindi film!

Okay, you might say that of late all films are just the same with no real story and just song and dance.

But have you looked at some of the films which are really entertaining even with same old plots? I personally liked "Hum Dil De chuke Sanam" which was great visually, musically and even story-wise. Now you may say it was copied from so and so English film - but hey, it was done so beautifully in the Indian context.

And mind you a Hindi film is never made for just the educated and sophisticated minority for business reasons.

I for one like Govinda films - why? Because I know that when I want to have total timepass without taxing my brains, Govinda delivers!

I dont always watch films always to be educated or for getting a social message. I watch them for entertainment, for time-pass!

Even Hollywood produces some really crappy films. Try going to a small video store - not the Blockbuster kind - and you will find so many unheard of movies there. I have seen some of these and they were really crap!

I agree that our Hindi films need to change the plot and move on to more mature topics. But the problem is this - and I am not being paid to defend Bollywood - finance!

In India Film Industry is not looked upon as an industry. No financial institution or banks finance a film. In Hollywood, the system is different. Major film studios like Universal, MGM, etc. are considered companies like any other industry. They can raise capital from the banks, financial institutions and even the stock market. So they can experiment with different subjects and try it out.

A bollywood producer has to arrange money from all sources -lately underworld - and then he has to make a film which will surely get him his money back if not high profits.

Anyway, I love to watch almost all Hindi as well as English movies

aryaputra
February 15th, 2001, 11:49 AM
perfect storm is suffering from the inevitable disease that affects all Indians sometime or the other in their life, which is:

anything from USA is the best

out the list of hollywood movies you just mentioned, how many are there which are WORTH watching?

When I say WORTH, I mean how much entertainment does it offer to the viewer? Forget technical aspects like computerised scenes/sets - they don't make or break a movie.
perfect example is Gladiator.

So, how many of these movies have variety?
all the actors speak the same American english - no variety.
you hear the same monotonous english in all the movies. Doesn't that bore you?

most of the hollywood movies have a very small storyline/plot in a limited period of time with only 2 actors. Look at our Manmohan Desai's films - story span was 20 years with 6 lead actors :D

I think you are wrong about movies all-together. all countries make good and bad movies both and you cannot claim that one country makes more of A grade movies than other.

In fact,
India has more hit movies than hollywood (if you count the viewership-headcount).

proudhindustani
February 15th, 2001, 11:52 AM
--------------by Indian -------------------
More than hindi movies there are hell number of movies made in South..(I think 3 times more the number of Hindi Movies)
I dont know much about films made in..other parts in India. But there are movies in other parts in India ..which can excell and are competent with HOLLYWOOD.
Films like
Roja
Satya
Rangeela..
some films of south are DUBBED into Hindi , and are appreciated , but many of them are not DUBBED into hindi ...so i feel a large population of India is missing many number of good south movies. Especially the Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil movies.
----------------------------
No doubt south have some talents (like Maniratnam etc.) but they are very few, even though if they make large numbers of movies, but most of them souring, take any RajniKant or Chiranjivi movies, they are full of crap. Infact same goes to Hindi movies too, but nowadays they start to take new adventures like Hum aapke dil me rahte he, zubaida, dil pe matle yaar, Gaath, MK, Fiza many in list, remember these movies are made for all classes. Now if u really want to see some sense, let goto Hazar chorasi ki maa, Astitva, Trishagnee, Drohkaal, which came recently.

So perfrect_strom, donít just count all of them same. Even except few movies (speilberg is a odd) Iíll appreciate American beauty, gladiator, Shakespeare in love.

I didnít find Hollywood movies much different, same lot many actions, few chopper crash, a 8 minute bad scene, atleast one scene of heroine walking in panty, a lip to lip kiss in the last, 1000 time f u c k used in dialogues and shouting with no reason, Two police officers, one is goig to retire and he died before two day of retirements, or American saves the world one more time from alien, volcano, flood. What else ?

Donít praise just becoz these movies are in English. I donít find much difference between Govinda movies and Hollywood movies (exception are always be there)

[Edited by proudhindustani on 02-15-2001 at 01:57 PM]

perfect_storm
February 15th, 2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by proudhindustani
--------------by Indian -------------------
Films like
Roja
Satya
Rangeela..
----------------------------
No doubt south have some talents (like Maniratnam etc.) but they are very few, even though if they make large numbers of movies, but most of them souring, take any RajniKant or Chiranjivi movies, they are full of crap. Infact same goes to Hindi movies too, but nowadays they start to take new adventures like Hum aapke dil me rahte he, zubaida, dil pe matle yaar, Gaath, MK, Fiza many in list, remember these movies are made for all classes. Now if u really want to see some sense, let goto Hazar chorasi ki maa, Astitva, Trishagnee, Drohkaal, which came recently.

So perfrect_strom, donít just count all of them same. Even except few movies (speilberg is a odd) Iíll appreciate American beauty, gladiator, Shakespeare in love.

I didnít find Hollywood movies much different, same lot many actions, few chopper crash, a 8 minute bad scene, atleast one scene of heroine walking in panty, a lip to lip kiss in the last, 1000 time f u c k used in dialogues and shouting with no reason, Two police officers, one is goig to retire and he died before two day of retirements, or American saves the world one more time from alien, volcano, flood. What else ?

Donít praise just becoz these movies are in English. I donít find much difference between Govinda movies and Hollywood movies (exception are always be there)

[Edited by proudhindustani on 02-15-2001 at 01:57 PM]

I never said Hollywood movies are better....I don't care what they made.....I was talking about bollywood movies...Here I was not talking about exceptions....Only 20-30% of population goes to watch that movie....I also watch the movie just for time pass.....But this could be strong media to raise some issues.....When someone says India is a Poor country then always those mean in general....otherwise there is also some exceptions (some Rich guys)......In old days there were much more such exception....but now ??

Indian
February 20th, 2001, 10:13 PM
"WHY HAVENT EVER AN HINDI MOVIE BAGED AN OSCAR EXCEPT GANDHI ANDTHAT TO BECAUSE IT WAS DIRECTED BY A FIRANGEE AND GANDHI WAS ALSO IRONICALLY PLAYED BY A FIRANGEE AND THE PERFORMANCE WAS JUST SPLENDID."

You Pulled out an Important point here.

DISCRIMINATION OF ASIAN MOVIES for OSCARS.
I am sure this is happening ..and exists. Hollywood would hate to see other Film Industries world wide grow and flourish to grab their share of markets.

Recently .. there was a news that Sekhar Kapoor was denied of an OSCAR ..for his movie on English Royal Family(i dont remember the movie name)

Given a chance ..i think Asian movies will do good world wide.
Hindi movies are already popular in UK and US.
Currently Tamil movies are hot In Japan ..thats bitter truth :D
There was recent news article that a group of Japanese woman had visited Rajinikanth in Chennai ..just to shake hands with their favourite style man .

Indian
February 21st, 2001, 01:24 AM
This is the place where i live , and this is the view of Prime Minister of this country about BOLLYWOOD and RAP Music.

The Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Mohamad, has delivered a scathing denunciation of rap music, saying that it encourages violent crime.
''There is even a rap singer who talks about strangling his girlfriend, locking her up in the car boot and doing unacceptable things to his own mother,'' Mr Mahathir said in a reference to the controversial rap singer, Eminem.

Many Malaysians commit rapes, murders and other crimes once unimaginable by people in the olden days

Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad
Mr Mahathir said the exposure to foreign cultures was responsible for violent crime.

He urged young Malaysians to erect ''walls of good morality'' against such music.

''Many Malaysians commit rapes, murders and other crimes once unimaginable by people in the olden days,'' he said.

But the prime minister acknowledged that a ban on rap music would be difficult to enforce and might even foster curiosity about it.

Mr Mahathir is a champion of Asian values and frequently accuses the West of promoting neo-colonial attitudes.

Bollywood ban?

The prime minister also called for a study on whether violent Indian-made films encourage crime.

His comments follow demands from Malaysian Muslim clerics for a ban on the films, which they claim contain values unsuitable for the country's majority Muslim population.

Mr Mahathir said such research would help the government decide whether to ban so-called ''Bollywood'' films, which are hugely popular in Malaysia.

Western, Indian and Chinese movies are widely shown on satellite television in Malaysia. Sex scenes and swearing are cut out, but violent scenes are often left untouched by the official censors.

btw ..Malaysian government already reduced the number of Hindi movies screened on telivisions..now it is only one Hindi movie per week :)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/asia-pacific/newsid_1178000/1178773.stm

Indian
February 21st, 2001, 01:54 AM
Jayaraj's evocative Malayalam film Karunam (Pathos) has bagged the Don Quixote prize at the 51st International Berlin Film Festival.

The four-member international jury described Karunam as "a simple tale with great emotional power and such deep imagery that it could be understood universally, while citing the 77-minute film for the special prize, instituted by the International Federation of Film Societies.

Jayaraaj said the prize was in recognition of the contributions made by regional cinema.

Karunam, last among the 300 films shown at theatres at the 12-day long Berlinale, stars an ensemble cast of Vavachan and Eliyamma, playing the role of an old, impoverished couple awaiting the return of their son from the United States.

The son does arrive -- but instead of bringing the hoped for relief, ends up selling the family home and installing the aged couple in an old people's home.

Karunam had three screenings, along with two other films shown in the forum section -- Mani Rathnam's Alai Payuthey (Waves) and M F Hussain's Gaja Gamini.

There was no Indian entry for the panorama and competition sections.

PTI
http://www.rediff.com/entertai/2001/feb/19pti.htm

laal_langot
February 21st, 2001, 05:34 AM
Narci bhai main beech mein kahaan se aaya????Lagta hai mri tarah aapka bhi aunty ke adde pe account chalta hai....Anyways maine to kuchh bola hi naheen ek baar bhi hindi ya angrejji filmon ke baare mein abhi takk...

I can only say one thing

WHAT IS THAT AUSTIN PAWAAAAAARRRR ITS NO MATCH FOR OUR LALITA PAWAAAAAARRRR

poornima
February 21st, 2001, 11:38 PM
If hundreds of movies are being released every year and you watch all of them, then what do you expect to get.

Same holds true for hollywood, difference here is of variety.But you can get as senseless a movie as u want.

laal_langot
February 22nd, 2001, 03:34 AM
Kya haalywood baalywood lagaye ho.......the trendy ones to talk about now are LOLLYWOOD(LAHORE) and TOLLYWOOD(TOLLY GANJ BANGLADESH)....inke stars ke naam sune hain kisi ne?????kya muscles hote hain HEROINES ke.aur kya figures aur zulfein hotin hain HEROES ki....upar se playback singers ki awaazein....o ho ho ho main kehtaa hoon aisa experience aapne kabhi kiya hi naheen hoga cinbema mein....kyunbki cinema takk kabhi pohanchti hi naheen hain yeh pictures

Laloo Prasad Yadav
February 22nd, 2001, 08:22 AM
Agar indian movies full of shitwa hai to . Ka he dek te hoo sasur ke nati.