PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of concept of cineplexes in India?

echarcha
November 26th, 2001, 02:31 PM
I always wonder whether cineplexes like the USA (AMC 20, Century 21, etc) would help Indian film industry and the local economy.

I mean, here you have big malls with shopping and food courts and attached cinema halls. So when you go out, you end up either shopping or eating and finally seeing a film in most cases.

I remember that such a proposal was put forth by Disney some years ago to Maharashtra government. They wanted to develop a cineplex in New Mumbai (Vashi). The then government and political leaders immediately started making noise about how this would invade our culture and balh blah.

They wanted Disney to also build a educational park if they wanted a cineplex!

Now tell me who many Indians would like to first go to a educational park to get a educational or social message and then watch a film?

Why cant we stop being hyprocritical by saying that we always want a social message and social edutainment with films? I know many of us dont, but why does the government think this is essential is beyond my reasoning.

Had his happened, the local economy of New Mumbai would have benefited. Imagine a choice of 20 plus films all at one place. I am sure the HIndi film indutry would have benefited. Curently many Indian cinelovers refrain from theatres as they are not sure they will get a ticket at normal prices. Many cannot afford shelling out extra money to the local "black ticket" goon.

I mean if they had so many screens like here at one place, then they could have multiple shows of a hit film in the opening weeks.

I know this system works, like at Naz 8 cinemas in Fremont, CA.

Your opinion???

GpeL
November 26th, 2001, 02:34 PM
One topic I cannot give any opinion cos I myself do not go to movies.

Big-G
November 26th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Charcha Pai..i always wondered, how do you manage to post so many loonnnggg threads, in continuation, in such a short span of time?? Do you type them beforehand and just log in to post them or do you type them right before you post them??

Curious.... :D

echarcha
November 26th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Big-G
Charcha Pai..i always wondered, how do you manage to post so many loonnnggg threads, in continuation, in such a short span of time?? Do you type them beforehand and just log in to post them or do you type them right before you post them??

Curious.... :D

I have some thoughts in my mind and when I get time and I remember them... you see such loooooooooong posts :D

Big-G
November 26th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Yeah. But my question was, do you type them beforehand or do you type them right here just before positing?

I usually see 4 to 5, 2000-words posts of yours within a minute of each other.

(Boss...aap ki typing speed kitnee hai... prabhu!!! )

echarcha
November 26th, 2001, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Big-G
Yeah. But my question was, do you type them beforehand or do you type them right here just before positing?

I usually see 4 to 5, 2000-words posts of yours within a minute of each other.

(Boss...aap ki typing speed kitnee hai... prabhu!!! )

I dont pre-type. I also type like a programmer - means I dont follow the scientif typist like left han for A S D F etc. I just have gotten used to typing fast... hence some typos too.

aryaputra
November 26th, 2001, 02:54 PM
anyway, we don't need cineplexes in India. India is a natural cineplex.

Cinema ke side per bhajiya / pavbhai / panipuri etc li laari.......
Cinema itself is located near major market places...so shopping also not a worry....

Do we need any more cineplexes?

CyberKhiladi
November 27th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Cineplexes are an absolute must.
Man U should see the PVR Anupan at Delhi.......that got like 6 halls ....laaris sari bahar hoti hai.........
its goof family time and couple time..........
it kind of a luxury if there it would definitely boost economy.......
sahi bola echarcha