PDA

View Full Version : Indians, Pakistanis play patriotic games on Net

echarcha
January 5th, 2001, 04:11 PM
Indians, Pakistanis play patriotic games on Net

MUMBAI: After Kargil, Indians and Pakistanis have found a virtually new battleground - cyberspace. And the first round of this war has gone to Pakistan. According to cyber experts, more than 500 Indian sites were defaced by Pakistani and other unidentified anti-India hackers last year. And, despite its numerous IT whizkids, India has managed only one ``victory'': A ``patriotic IT professional'' posted a warning on the Pakistani government site: ``Don't take panga with India.''

The website of Sheetal departmental store and zeetv.com were hacked by `G-Force Pakistan' recently and derogatory articles on the Indian armed forces and the government posted. On August 15, the site of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited was defaced by Pakistan's sympathisers.

The latest round in this silent war started after the ceasefire was announced in the Kashmir Valley. ``In the last few months, several VIPs have been bombarded with hate mail from terrorists. Death threats have been posted on the Net. Kashmiri leaders have been getting mail, ordering them to retract pro-India statements,'' says Dewang Mehta, president of NASSCOM and a member of the National Cyber Crime Committee.

E-warfare, it is believed, is primarily the handiwork of techno-savvy youth. ``There is a new breed emerging, in the age-group of 14 to 35 years, which feels it can create equal havoc with a mouse and an AK-47,'' says Deputy Commissioner of Police Himanshu Roy, who heads the Mumbai Police's cyber crime cell.

Of late, countries like China, Russia and even India have reportedly recruited hackers for the purpose ranging from espionage to preventive action. An intelligence official says that many militant outfits look out for hackers' CVs. Mehta says, ``Cyber terrorism is on the increase in the sub-continent.''

Serial time-bombs and cybermites are already part of the hackers' weaponry. The sophistication and hi-tech computer programming, say experts, demand nothing short of an evil genius.

At present, three groups of pro-Pakistan hackers have been identified. `G-Force Pakistan', the most active one last year, reportedly hacked the sites of the Indian Science Congress, The Asian Age, the National Research Centre, the Agricultural University of Maharashtra, IIM Ahmedabad, IIT Chennai, and the Indian National Information Technology Promotion, among others.

Another group, run by `Doctor Nuker', has reportedly hacked the sites of the Indian Parliament, the Ahmedabad Telephone Exchange, and the United Nations (India). `Nightman' has defaced the sites of the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration and Mahindra & Mahindra, among others.

An intelligence official says, ``Previously, differences between India and Pakistan were settled on the cricket field. Now, with limited cricket encounters, the youths are being forced to settle scores on the Net.''

More at: http://www.timesofindia.com/today/06home6.htm

smellyfinger
January 5th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Pakis are into this kind of stuff. Does any one remember the cBrain virus (one of the first destructive viruses)? I heard at the time that it was written by a Paki.

viking
January 5th, 2001, 04:20 PM
We Indians only react this has been our principle
from historical times.So wait till our guys get into action but then the problem would be that they would not find too many Pukistani sites to hack as there arent many!:D

SachhaDesi
January 5th, 2001, 05:36 PM
Guys, if you want to have a good time then read posts on discussion forum of a Pakistani site http://www.paknews.com. Its all fun. I don't want to say in exact words what it is but you will find out yourself. Just don't limit yourself to any specific area but you will really love all topics. There are Indians too writing on that site. I tried to subscribe but I got message saying domain not supported. I tried many different domains but neither was accepted. May be they have banned non-pakistanis to subscribe there but they don't officially say that.

Enjoy. Have a good time (I guarantee you will have on this site).

echarcha
January 5th, 2001, 06:33 PM
Whats up?? eCharcha users ko Pakistani site par divert kar rahe ho?? :D

Anyway, what use is a site that bans people based on their nationality. This just goes to prove that eCharcha.Com is truly open and free... we have a few Pakis here... more are welcome... We are a true Indian site... fair and open..

SachhaDesi
January 5th, 2001, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by echarcha
Whats up?? eCharcha users ko Pakistani site par divert kar rahe ho?? :D

Anyway, what use is a site that bans people based on their nationality. This just goes to prove that eCharcha.Com is truly open and free... we have a few Pakis here... more are welcome... We are a true Indian site... fair and open..

There are many reasons to check that site. For those who did not like Pakistan, there are many posts which shows REALLY sorry state of that nation. For those who want to understand Pakistan in detail there is some very good information. For those who are looking for some firing power to tacle Pakistani menace on echarcha.com there are many details. Those details expose people like Aurangzeb, Star who are claiming big things about Pakistan. You can see how illogical these people are. There are brilliant posts by Indians defending India to which Pakistanis just could not reply.

And another important thing to know is that there are some sane people also in that coutry. Its good to understand typical Pakistani mentality. I assure you its really good site to visit. Infact I am trying to find another Pakistani forums now. Let me know if anybody knows about it.

SachhaDesi
January 5th, 2001, 07:34 PM
echarcha.com is really great site and now I understand its value even more after visiting that Pakistani disscussion forum. Congratulate and THANKS for giving us a wonderful opportunity to express ourselves and meeting many like mided people. Its a really OPEN and FREE site for EVERYBODY.
Keep up the good work. We all will help you in our capacity.

echarcha
January 5th, 2001, 07:37 PM
Thanks Saccha Desi for the kind words... Good that you realised how sites can be about freedom of speech.

Some sites are so diabetic - totally sugary and sweet - that they make me retch :eek:

All you can find is moderated fair which is so politically correct that you feel like you are reading some children's story book :rolleyes:

Chankya
January 5th, 2001, 08:41 PM
Here is another paki forum with some of funniest a topics
http://www.ragistan.com

laal_langot
January 6th, 2001, 06:11 AM
There exist better ways to compete than to vandalise sites because this dsoent catch that much international attention....

How about competing on who manages to fix a match(any sport)say even bull fights about whether the bull wins or the matador...an Indi or a Paki???

Who manages to lift the tunes from international tracks and turn them into desi latka matka kamar ko jhatka songs???

Who ends up lower(i.e. higher)in the list of the worlds most corrupt countries

Who can produce more illiterates per square kilometre...Biharis or Baluchis??