PDA

View Full Version : Bollywood insiders

shan1
September 5th, 2001, 03:38 PM
All Bollywood heroines have to go through the producers to get Top role or any role for that matter in a movie. All understood that. Producers even though they are old they have taste of this and never get that I wonder how these beautiful new young heroines keep up with that.

echarcha
September 5th, 2001, 03:48 PM
which is like the Beverly Hills of Bollywood.

Infact one famous female simger too lives in my apt. complex and also a director of TV serials.

One more director has his office in a bunglow opposite our apt. complex entrance.

I have seen so many young girls loitering around the office of this producer. Many come from out of town in hopes of being 'discovered' and become the next Madhuri Dixit.

One thing what I have learnt from some folks whom I know and are in the film line is this - if you have family which is already in films like those of Karisma and Kareen Kapoor, Kajol, Raveena Tandon, Rani Mukherji, etc. then you dont have to go up the "BOllywood corporate ladder" also known as "casting couch"

Why do young women do this? I guess that for these women the lure of glamour, fame and money is too strong to give up oneself to some lecher.

Bal Thackeray
September 5th, 2001, 03:50 PM
hope this happens with the male film stars too

shan1
September 5th, 2001, 04:53 PM
I believe, Male are not affected. They are mostly from the families that are very well connected to the insiders. The females are the one who are being used. Like some people say to get a top role , it all depends how you get to the the producers and how you keep him happy in bed.

Super Girl
September 5th, 2001, 06:36 PM
well, have also heard that the ones who are susceptible to the casting couch also are into the call girl business.

This includes all except those from filmi backgournds.

And it is just not produces who take advantage of these girls, but also some well knowm actors.

Men are susceptible too. There are no exceptions. Lot of gay activity going around there.

shan1
September 5th, 2001, 06:40 PM
On a lighter side, wonder what she can do that old man..
Heard even the girls from the film families are affected. Its a numebr game and all are involved..