PDA

View Full Version : Musharraf to be usurped???

dhurandhar
June 29th, 2001, 03:32 PM
Do you think Gen. Usmani wil usurp Musharraf from power in his absence and prevent him from entering Pakistan??

GpeL
June 29th, 2001, 03:32 PM
That would be funny if it happens!!!

Home sick
June 29th, 2001, 03:35 PM
i wld prey for that to happen:D :D :D

GpeL
June 29th, 2001, 03:36 PM
Oh man it would be soooo funny mushi trapped in India at the mercy of India!!! :smash:

viking
June 29th, 2001, 07:29 PM
For all we know if he is trapped in India Soniaji Gandhi or Mulayam singh Yadav will coerce him into forming a political outfit with which they can form an alliance for getting Muslim votes!!!:D

Afterall if Italians can be at helm of affairs in India then why cannot Pakistanis?:confused:

GpeL
June 29th, 2001, 07:35 PM
Um that is a disturbing thot.. may be assination is better afterall..

viking
June 29th, 2001, 07:41 PM
:D:D

chirag2000
June 30th, 2001, 04:19 AM
let me tell you about an incident that happened in 1999 when atalji had gone to lahore to visit pm sharif. Musharraf was the general then . Musharraf did not salute ataji in the meeting as it is mandatory he also did not visit the feat arranged in order of ataljis visit. And our "everforgiving like all hindus" ataji phones hin from his hospital in breach candy to congratulate that laandya of bing president
also when atalji visited some darga at lahore the peoplr there then cleansed the dargah after that"kafirs" visit
So now the residents and shopkeepres of ajmer will cleanse the chisty dargah and the whole roads of ajmer through which musharraf passes through.
This news appeard on rediff.com yesterday

dhurandhar
June 30th, 2001, 11:01 AM
looks like you did not read my first post carefully. This thread has nothing to do with what mushu did when atal went there.....

khanbaba
June 30th, 2001, 11:32 AM
knowing the setup of pakistan army... i think there is no possibility of any takeover.

viking
July 1st, 2001, 01:52 AM
I really dont think that you know the Pakistani army too well.
An army over which the executive has no complete control can only be described as a bunch of marauders.

This is a power hungry organisation and I wont be surprised if it stages another coup.

khanbaba
July 1st, 2001, 02:17 PM
well gentleman, that was my opinion and u have right to disagree.

manohar
July 3rd, 2001, 04:51 PM
Well Khanbaba, if that is impossible then why does he have to keep shuffling the army personnels? He has done it so often by now, that I won't be surprised if some army officer forgets his portfolio.:D

khanbaba
July 3rd, 2001, 11:05 PM
cmon yaaar... pls bachon jaisee batain mat karo.

even elected head of states in pakistan do the same, or for that matter in india too. inorder to get most trust worty ministers around and some time to accomodate member of allies.

same here with army, he is trying bring most trust worty ppl around him in order to get his policies implemented. and this is nothing strange. plus, musharaf is not a person of islami mind, hes sort of secular minded, so hes trying to get rid of islamic minded high ranked officials.

let me tell u one more fact, mr. musharaf is very popular among armed forces in pakistan, and i dont think no one can dare to remove him from his office.

and what do u think, its his first visit out of pakistan ????????

Indian
July 4th, 2001, 12:32 AM
Musharraf ..whole world knows is born and brought up in india.
That is ..he is an Indian Muslim first ..and then later he migrated to pakistan. So with this case ...Musharraf should be called a MOHAJIR and should not get the support he is getting now ..right ?

Why inspight of him being a MOHAJIR , you pakistanis support him and he is in power ? :confused:

khanbaba
July 4th, 2001, 12:42 AM
let me explain u who is mahajir.

mahajir is a person who perform the act of hijrat and the dictionary meaning of hijrat is 'travelling ' but islamic meaning is 'travelling for Allah' for 'travelling for the sake of Allah'

lets see the history of mahajirs... when pakistan came into being, the muslims of indian part of sub-continent started moving towards pakistan in order to stay in pakistan where they can freely live as per islam, so they have been called mahajir.

point to clear that mahajir is not a cast or some sort of family name so there is no question of inferior or superior but in order to provide them with miximum help we started identified them as mahajirs.

as soon as those mahajirs got settled in pakistan, they are no more mahajirs, they are only pakistanis. mahajir is their history and pakistani is their present. thats why one very important political party of pakistan MQM has changed their name from 'mahajir qoumi movement' to 'mutehida qoumi movement'

and now if its clear the he IS not a mahajir, ur another question is no more valid.

Indian
July 4th, 2001, 01:57 AM
[i]

and now if its clear the he IS not a mahajir, ur another question
is no more valid. [/B]

A Plain Simple Question is always valid. I think you are jumping to some unwanted conclusions here in this context. We are not fighting here ..we are just discussing things. The question of VALID or INVALID is not an issue ..wether Musharraf is a Mohajir or not is an Issue !

I was not asking this question to irritate pakistanis or insult pakistanis ..it is just out of my curiosity ..that i want to get an opinion of a genuine pakistani.

There is a lot of hate spread in pakistan ..about india and indians..so...
i was wondering how come a guy born and brought up in india could take up the top most position in pakistan ?

anyway ..thanks for your beautifull explanation ... this is the first time ..i am listening to such a version of 'MOHAJIR' .

Then ...
please take some more pains to explain ...

why the leader of MQM ran away to London, seeks India support and always claims that Muslims fron India are treated as secondary citizens in pakistan ?

khanbaba
July 4th, 2001, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Indian

anyway ..thanks for your beautifull explanation ... this is the first time ..i am listening to such a version of 'MOHAJIR' .

welcome yarr... its never late to learn the facts :)

why the leader of MQM ran away to London, seeks India support and always claims that Muslims fron India are treated as secondary citizens in pakistan ?

why sharif & benezir twice removed from the office of PM?
why sharif & benezir ran away from Pakistan?
why bhuto (father of benezir) was hanged?

none of them were mahajir!

man.. altaf sahab's statement is only a political statement and the usual way of diverting attention from his corruption.

as far as the treatement is concerned.. i think they are enjoying all the facilities same as other pakistani. if u ask me about certain specific problem they are having, i can address to that in detail.

risingsun
July 4th, 2001, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by khanbaba

why sharif & benezir twice removed from the office of PM?
why sharif & benezir ran away from Pakistan?
why bhuto (father of benezir) was hanged?

because of other power hungry politicians..... politicians are same evrywhere, in India in south too we are seeing such a drama being enacted, diff is Indian politicians do not run away i guess

none of them were mahajir!

man.. altaf sahab's statement is only a political statement and the usual way of diverting attention from his corruption.

as far as the treatement is concerned.. i think they are enjoying all the facilities same as other pakistani. if u ask me about certain specific problem they are having, i can address to that in detail.

khan, do you know why mushy was appointed as the head? because he was a mohajir. sharif thought that he (mushy) wont be able to garner the support required to usurp him, not because he was trustworthy or something.
if his move was aimed at having trustworthy people around himseld then mushy proved how trustworthy he was.

khanbaba
July 4th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by risingsun

khan, do you know why mushy was appointed as the head? because he was a mohajir. sharif thought that he (mushy) wont be able to garner the support required to usurp him, not because he was trustworthy or something.
if his move was aimed at having trustworthy people around himseld then mushy proved how trustworthy he was.

but gen. zia-ul-haq (late) was not mohajir and bhuto appointed him chief by going out of way and ignoring atleast 7 generals those were senior to him and he did worst with bhuto.

regarding the paki politicians i agree with u... thay are all power hungry but the pak army setup is lil bit different and for that matter any army of the world has got some discipline. and i think u will not have any difference in opinion with me that pak army is among the best in world, even few indian gen incl. gen malik has admitted this.

the discipline is some thing which differenciate bewtween army n politicians.

risingsun
July 4th, 2001, 07:28 AM
army discipline is ok and commendable, but army should not be power hungry, it is there to protect boundaries and governance, dirty politics should be left to politicians.
btw i mentioned mushy's being mohajir and being appointed as the head just to say that yes you people have some reservations as far as mohajir's are concerned.

khanbaba
July 4th, 2001, 07:37 AM
army discipline is ok and commendable, but army should not be power hungry, it is there to protect boundaries and governance, dirty politics should be left to politicians.
btw i mentioned mushy's being mohajir and being appointed as the head just to say that yes you people have some reservations as far as mohajir's are concerned.

the situation is very interesting....

for me... the appointment of musharaf as a chief itself is a proof that we dont treat 'so called mohajir' differently

and the same fact for u is the proof the because he is from mohajir community thats why he was appointed to be a weak cheif of army :)

isnt it funny....

anyhow.... just to conclude this.. let me tell u that this is not the first time musharaf is going out of pakistan. so, dont worry about him, every thing will be all right here :)

if a person is that powerful that he can takeover without being on land (he was in air when the takeover happened and he landed only after takeover) he can manage to take care while hes away .

risingsun
July 4th, 2001, 08:01 AM
I dont give a damn about mushy.

i would like you to visit :

http://www.jammu-kashmir.com/basicfacts/basicfacts.html

khanbaba
July 4th, 2001, 08:14 AM
I dont give a damn about mushy.

i would like you to visit :

http://www.jammu-kashmir.com/basicfacts/basicfacts.html

lakin baray bhai... bat to mushy ki ho rahi hay, kashmir kahan aa gaya beech main ?????

singh
July 4th, 2001, 08:26 AM
pls bachon jaisee batain mat karo.

i dont think no one can dare to remove him from his office.

and what do u think, its his first visit out of pakistan ????????

abe oi pakistani khansama mach_t bewaqoof mat banao

read your own language you stupid pakistani.

bachon jaisee batain tum karte ho ji. pandit.

khanbaba
July 4th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by singh

abe oi pakistani khansama mach_t bewaqoof mat banao

read your own language you stupid pakistani.

bachon jaisee batain tum karte ho ji. pandit.

sing jee aap ki galian to samjh main aayeen lakin ye nahi samajh aay tusi kehna ki chanday ho...

pls zara repeat karo gay.. aasan zaban wich!

singh
July 4th, 2001, 09:14 AM

and i think u will not have any difference in opinion with me that pak army is among the best in world, even few indian gen incl. gen malik has admitted this.

i hate to post and makin exception just to you khanbahadur.
this your fuc_ing brave army rape innocent young girls, loot homes and kill innocent unarmed citizens of then east pakistan. when time come to fight like brave soldiers, you brave and best pakistani bastard soldiers surrender by hundreds of thousands to our Sikh general. You stupid pakistani.

khanbaba
July 4th, 2001, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by singh

i hate to post and makin exception just to you khanbahadur.
this your fuc_ing brave army rape innocent young girls, loot homes and kill innocent unarmed citizens of then east pakistan. when time come to fight like brave soldiers, you brave and best pakistani bastard soldiers surrender by hundreds of thousands to our Sikh general. You stupid pakistani.

thanx for the exception u have given me, its my honor.

u still remeber east india? remember indias intrusion in east pak also?

and pakis made a mistake there... they should have fixed the surrender time around 12 noon :)

risingsun
July 4th, 2001, 09:35 AM

lakin baray bhai... bat to mushy ki ho rahi hay, kashmir kahan aa gaya beech main ?????

nahi baat mohajirs ki ho rahi thi or treatment of muslims with Indian origin in pakistan. This topic stemmed from treatment of kashmiris in Indian parts and in Paki parts if i am not wrong?

ohh so many threads on kashmir i am confused, which seems to be you rmain aim...you have suceeded then. consider this post to be in other kashmir thread, btw i had told you t visit the site in one other kashmir thread too. You have ignored it there.

khanbaba
July 4th, 2001, 09:43 AM

nahi baat mohajirs ki ho rahi thi or treatment of muslims with Indian origin in pakistan. This topic stemmed from treatment of kashmiris in Indian parts and in Paki parts if i am not wrong?

ohh so many threads on kashmir i am confused, which seems to be you rmain aim...you have suceeded then. consider this post to be in other kashmir thread, btw i had told you t visit the site in one other kashmir thread too. You have ignored it there.

nahi... i visited that site but i ignored it cause i thought u lead me to a site with musharaf's context.

if its in kashmir context.. i'll go again but no use, if the site is pro-india, i know what will be there and if the site if pro-paki, even then i know what will be there.

come up with some neutral site... like u may like to read this article

http://www.bullatomsci.org/issues/1997/ma97/ma97oberoi.html

By Surinder Singh Oberoi

dhurandhar
July 4th, 2001, 11:56 AM
khanbaba,

don't you get tired to talk to inflammatory and digressing people!!

manohar
July 5th, 2001, 11:33 AM
Yes, shuffling is a feature of every govt. But in other countries it happens, when the govt. finds that the person entrusted to a porfolio is not doing too well there and might do good with some other portfolio. As a result. such shuffling occurs very infrequently, because the govt. is mature enough to estimate the merits and demerits of every appointment beforehand. E.g. Vajpayee govt. in three years has done so only once. But you yourself said that Mushy shuffles to keep trustworthy people around. Now how can a person you find trustworthy today, become not-so-trustworthy only tomorrow, unless there are strong undercurrents of inherent distrust in the army ranks?????? :confused: It was the frequency of shuffling that I was ridiculing, Khanbaba; you amateur!!!!!

khanbaba
July 6th, 2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by manohar
Yes, shuffling is a feature of every govt. But in other countries it happens, when the govt. finds that the person entrusted to a porfolio is not doing too well there and might do good with some other portfolio. As a result. such shuffling occurs very infrequently, because the govt. is mature enough to estimate the merits and demerits of every appointment beforehand. E.g. Vajpayee govt. in three years has done so only once. But you yourself said that Mushy shuffles to keep trustworthy people around. Now how can a person you find trustworthy today, become not-so-trustworthy only tomorrow, unless there are strong undercurrents of inherent distrust in the army ranks?????? :confused: It was the frequency of shuffling that I was ridiculing, Khanbaba; you amateur!!!!!

'andaz apna apna'

lakin just try to count ousted ministers/cabinet members, u will find hardly 2.

and 'aik zara intezar'

as i said the person who could defend his position while he was in air........ he should have the ability to defend his position while abroad.

why are we debating... almost in 10 days time u will know that there is no one in pakistan rightnow who can takeover in absense of pervez musharaf.

'ye bazu meray aazmaye hoaye hain'

manohar
July 9th, 2001, 04:46 PM
My contention is not that Musharraf 'will' be usurped. It is only that the threat exists, and that he is alert about it. The expected result is of course, that such conspiracies will fail :mad:, but that won't make you a winner of this debate :(

khanbaba
July 9th, 2001, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by manohar
My contention is not that Musharraf 'will' be usurped. It is only that the threat exists, and that he is alert about it. The expected result is of course, that such conspiracies will fail :mad:, but that won't make you a winner of this debate :(

i wish u a win manohar. i wish u win even n kashmir, atleast it will bring a peace in the region.