PDA

View Full Version : Gadar - what do you think?

echarcha
June 29th, 2001, 01:19 PM
We just saw the Sunny Deol starrer "Gadar" last night on VHS.

Unfortunately the movie was a copy from a DVD and a certain section (chapter) was missing in the movie. Yet we coulkd make out what it was.

So eCharchans, what do you think about Gadar?

Would like your first hand reactions after seeing it and not what other news papers or reviewers are saying.

Super Girl
June 29th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Overall it is a nice movie, pretty sentimental.

Thought he end is little far fetched and actually very hard to believe.

I cried by eyes out during the last hour. Everytime I say footage about the Sakina being away from her kid and husband, my eyes teared up!

I wouldn't watch it again. It was very stressful watching it. Would watch Lagaan again. Lagaan and Gadar are two opposite ends of the spectrum in period films.

aryaputra
June 29th, 2001, 02:01 PM
BS climax......really hopeless...
looked as if it would be a good movie till halfway throu' but then....

smellyfinger
June 29th, 2001, 02:06 PM
talking 'bout lagaan,

I have not seen the movie , but is it true that a bunch of village idiots who have never played cricket before beat the English Cricket team with a couple of months preparation?? If so, then put this movie in the same realm of believability as Chandramukhi.

Going to see Gadar tonite. Hope I dont cry my eyes out like SG :D

Sheena
June 29th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Really good,worth watching it.

Note for all boom-boom people: If a hindu girl married to a muslim girl than there is no problem to those ortho people,now what happen if a muslim gilr did this.
I THINK MARRIGE IS VERY PERSONAL DECIOSN.:smash: :smash:

Big-G
June 29th, 2001, 02:12 PM
if i were you, i'd keep a pack of tissues handy. :P

Big-G
June 29th, 2001, 02:13 PM
..i mean Sakina is away from her husband and kid :D :D

smellyfinger
June 29th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by SHEENA

If a hindu girl married to a muslim girl than there is no problem to those ortho people

This is a lesbian movie ??
I gotta see it man ..

Sheena
June 29th, 2001, 02:14 PM

Note for all boom-boom people: If a hindu girl married to a muslim girl than there is no problem to those ortho people,now what happen if a muslim gilr did this.
I THINK MARRIGE IS VERY PERSONAL DECIOSN.:smash: :smash: Sorry! its BOY.

Big-G
June 29th, 2001, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by smellyfinger

This is a lesbian movie ??
I gotta see it man ..

You and your dirty mind...you guys will never look below the surface. They have used a lesbian relationship to drive home a message of communal harmony. ... sakina and sukanya...

smellyfinger
June 29th, 2001, 02:16 PM
*phusss*

The air going out of Smellys enthusiasm ...

Big-G
June 29th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Sorry! its BOY.

WOW...kab hua??... bataya nahin??... kuchh naam decide kiya?

Sheena
June 29th, 2001, 02:17 PM
Uuuuuuuuuuu*****************************:D ;)

GpeL
June 29th, 2001, 02:17 PM
aaj kal maternity ward me bhi internet lagela hai kyaa?

Sheena
June 29th, 2001, 02:20 PM
Admission lo- khud jaan jao:D :D :D :D

GpeL
June 29th, 2001, 02:25 PM
hum... ok.. India se vapis ane par..

Sheena
June 29th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by GpeL
hum... ok.. India se vapis ane par..
aisa kya kar oge indai mein jo ,yahan istantly maternity ward mein admit hona pade:D :D :smash: :smash: :)

GpeL
June 29th, 2001, 02:32 PM
Hum kuch nahi karenge.. India ke log humen karenge!!
customs, police etc.. rape kahte hain angrezi me use..

viking
June 29th, 2001, 06:31 PM
Why are these Muslim women so fussy about marrying Hindu men?Are they still living in medival times that they cannot ignore their religion for their own love?

This was a very bold movie which did not indulge too much into that artificial Hindu Muslim bhai bhai crap!. It was certainly outta the woodwork kind of movie!

Indian
July 1st, 2001, 11:16 PM
I liked Lagaan over Gadar

risingsun
July 2nd, 2001, 02:51 AM
I saw gadar too. In fact considering that muslim community is asking for a ban on gadar in India and the film is causing riotous situations in muslim majority places i was curious to see what the muslims were objecting to. I did not find anything that should cause problems.
does anybody of you know what is the problem with the movie?

Perfectionist
July 2nd, 2001, 03:43 AM
I saw Lagaan & Gadar both. Lagaan is no doubt an off beat & well produced movie. Regarding a bunch of idiot villagers, smelly, ur gandpa might have been such an idiot. And regarding possibility, if "Escape to Victory" can happen, this too. All in all I liked Lagaan more than Gadar.

Gadar is a good movie to watch except hopeless ending. I never understood why Muslims are protesting. It must be Skhs who must protest for beiing shown killing Muslims. But then I saw it on VHS as sutradhar ji saw it. As the controversy for naming heroine Sakina, b'cause it is name of daughter of Prophet Mohammed, I don't see anything wrong. She is a character which has compassion for unriviledged, who can see beyond the class, who has a heart of gold. What else they want in a character named Sakina. Only b'cause she married a hindu (Sikh), all this becomes void? Shame on those idiots.

P

aurangzeb
July 2nd, 2001, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by risingsun
I saw gadar too. In fact considering that muslim community is asking for a ban on gadar in India and the film is causing riotous situations in muslim majority places i was curious to see what the muslims were objecting to. I did not find anything that should cause problems.

Islam does not permit Muslim women from marrying Infidels.This movie is an insult to Islam.It is the duty of all men of Allah to protest against this blashphemy.This is a plot by the infidels to insult the believers.

This is a fake story of bravery by a lowly infidel.This is just a plot by the fanatic infidels to try and woo the Sikhs to their fold.

May Allah bless the people with Khalistan and aazadi to Kashmir.

Allah Hafiz

chirag2000
July 3rd, 2001, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by aurangzeb

Islam does not permit Muslim women from marrying Infidels.This movie is an insult to Islam.It is the duty of all men of Allah to protest against this blashphemy.This is a plot by the infidels to insult the believers.

This is a fake story of bravery by a lowly infidel.This is just a plot by the fanatic infidels to try and woo the Sikhs to their fold.

Allah Hafiz

Rightly said aurangzeb
islam does ot permit a muslim woman marrying a kafir
ISLAM is the only religion in the world which legalises rape.
rape on a infedel womna is not concidered rape.
a muslim can have as many wives as he can of islam and as many concubines he can of kafirs and zimmis.
your great prophet muhammad[may piss be upon him] has atleast 13 wives right from kahdija bibi 15 years his senior to his most favourite ayesha[daughter of abu bakr] [6 years old at time of marriage whereas mumhammad was 45]

you laandyas murderd sikh guru arjan dev singh and tegh bahadur singh you laandys murdered the children of gobing singh baba zorawar singh and baba fateh singh and now you say the sikhs are with you ha

risingsun
July 3rd, 2001, 07:41 AM

Allah Hafiz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

khopdi
July 3rd, 2001, 07:52 AM
Allah Hafiz[/B] [/B]

yeh allah kon hai ??

risingsun
July 3rd, 2001, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by khopdi

yeh allah kon hai ??

vo hafiz contractor se puchhne ko padenga

Perfectionist
July 3rd, 2001, 09:23 AM

Allah Hafiz

Miyan And colour pocket,

Humko maloom nahin tha ki 14 barason mein Islaam mein ye change aa gaya hai ki sacche aur pak insaan ko pehchanna kufr ho gaya hai. Really poor condition of Islaam.

P

viking
July 3rd, 2001, 10:13 AM
Aurangzeb is just a pig who has escaped out of a pig sty.For him religion dictates everything and he's incapable of thinking more humanely.I think this is the crux of the matter religion is the only thing that makes these people think irrationally and become fanatics.

Grow up Aurangzeb and talk sense.Your stupid thoughs are not welcome here.

khopdi
July 3rd, 2001, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by aryaputra
BS climax...

laasht apun jub shuna toh woh ms bhee kar ke phd karriae'

khopdi
July 3rd, 2001, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by smellyfinger
*phusss*

The air going out of Smellys enthusiasm ...

yea air kahaan she' leek hua...obviushly not from the finger

Netra
July 4th, 2001, 06:22 AM

Allah Hafiz

Aurangzeb bhai, Gadar is only fiction. What about the Muslim women in India marrying Hindu men? Take the recent example of Suzanne Khan marrying Hrithik Roshan. How come there were no riots during their wedding?

Perfectionist
July 4th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Netra

Aurangzeb bhai, Gadar is only fiction. What about the Muslim women in India marrying Hindu men? Take the recent example of Suzanne Khan marrying Hrithik Roshan. How come there were no riots during their wedding?

Netra ji,

Oint is good, but there are two issues involved:

1) Kyum bechare Hritik ki jaan ko ek aafat lagati ho. Sare Islamic jihadi logon ko waise bhi naye naye issue chahate hein.

2) You are trying to logic with Aurangzeb, who unfortunately do not understand what is meaning of logic, what is religion and in the end what is Islaam, why it was so.

P

SKS
July 4th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Bhai logon MERA DESH MAHAN mein to kisi bhi movie par SHOOOOOOR machane ka bahana chahiye, bahut phursat hai aajkal logon ke paas.

SKS
July 4th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Waise bhi Rakesh Roshan ne achha drama kar liya tha warna koi goli khane ke baad pahle police station jata hai kya ya hospital jara socho to, aur wo bhi car ki window khuli thi aur bechara shooter sirf 2 feet par tha lekin sir me goli nahi mari hath par mari jo ki visible nahi tha, Saley bade dramebaj log hai ..................

Netra
July 4th, 2001, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Perfectionist

Netra ji,

Oint is good, but there are two issues involved:

1) Kyum bechare Hritik ki jaan ko ek aafat lagati ho. Sare Islamic jihadi logon ko waise bhi naye naye issue chahate hein.

2) You are trying to logic with Aurangzeb, who unfortunately do not understand what is meaning of logic, what is religion and in the end what is Islaam, why it was so.

P

Bas Hrithik hi kyon, bahut sare famous filimi personalities hain

Nargis married Sunil Dutt, Mumtaz married Mayur Madhwani, Zarina Wahab married Aditya Panscholi, Farha married Vindoo. Now some Muslim guys who married Hindu girls, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi married Sharmila Tagore, Mohammad Azharudding has married Sangeeta Bijlani, Shah Rukh and Amir Khan are married to Hindu girls and Salman Khan is on his way to getting married to Aishwarya. Isn't this a thing to be proud of? Forgetting our religious differences and coming together?

risingsun
July 5th, 2001, 05:42 AM

Bas Hrithik hi kyon, bahut sare famous filimi personalities hain

Nargis married Sunil Dutt, Mumtaz married Mayur Madhwani, Zarina Wahab married Aditya Panscholi, Farha married Vindoo. Now some Muslim guys who married Hindu girls, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi married Sharmila Tagore, Mohammad Azharudding has married Sangeeta Bijlani, Shah Rukh and Amir Khan are married to Hindu girls and Salman Khan is on his way to getting married to Aishwarya. Isn't this a thing to be proud of? Forgetting our religious differences and coming together?

Salman will marry Aishwarya? such a shame for one who joined PETA will be getting married to the hunter who killed bucks in shikar.....

Netra
July 5th, 2001, 05:48 AM
Salman will apologise to the bucks and become a member of PETA. Isi condition pe Aishwarya shaadi ko haan kahegi.:D

risingsun
July 5th, 2001, 06:02 AM
Salman will apologise to the bucks and become a member of PETA. Isi condition pe Aishwarya shaadi ko haan kahegi.:D

phir se usi tarah ka argument hai, apologise karne se kya mare hue bucks waapas ayenge?

Netra
July 5th, 2001, 06:05 AM
mare hue bucks wapas nahin aayenge, lekin Aishwarya ka haath to milega

risingsun
July 5th, 2001, 06:17 AM
haath mil jaye to phir se bucks maarne ke liye sallu freeeeeeee.

Netra
July 5th, 2001, 06:19 AM
sallu ka haath aishwarya ke haath me hoga to phir bucks kaise marega?

risingsun
July 5th, 2001, 06:41 AM
bandook chalane ke liye ek hi haath lagta hai.

Pretty Woman
July 6th, 2001, 12:56 AM
haan, to baat chal rahi thee 'gadar' ki.

aikdum bakwas movie. heard so much about it, aur nikla kaddu.

But I didn't see anything which should overtly concern Muslims in India either. It's just a story for God's sake! And even otherwise, there have been inter religion marriages in country all along, even in Movie industry. Waheeda Rehman, Madhubala, Nargis, many others married Hindu men. Why so much hue and cry now?

Netra
July 6th, 2001, 12:59 AM
Pretty woman, Waheeda Rehman's husband is not Hindu but a Muslim. Kamaljeet is his screen name. Madhubala made Kishore Kumar convert to Islam, however he promptly reverted back to Hinduism after her death.

nandini
July 11th, 2001, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by risingsun

now now aren't we an innocent lot
did not find anything objectional my love....
sunny's helper darmiyan singh or whatever says this shitty dialogue that Pakistan is India's child coz it came out of India
and Pakistan was full of these selfish ppl like that women who kept on asking for ammesha's jewels.... but ppl in india were these wonderful caring ppl
and btw wasn't this movie a copy of Shahhed-e-muhabbat?

Netra
July 11th, 2001, 11:04 PM
Nandu, maybe Gadar shows Pakistan in bad light, but don't see any reason why it should upset Indian Muslims. Its like if Nepal is shown in bad light, there is no reason why it should upset Indian Hindus.

I haven't seen the film, but this is just from what I read on this site.

patel_rahul
July 13th, 2001, 11:02 AM
I haven't seen the whole movie yet. However, the art direction is pretty lame. Did anybody even make an effort to give the movie a 40's feel. The movie looks like it was shot in the '90's. The college girls are shown wearing jeans!!!

Rahul
July 13th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Pretty woman, Waheeda Rehman's husband is not Hindu but a Muslim. Kamaljeet is his screen name. Madhubala made Kishore Kumar convert to Islam, however he promptly reverted back to Hinduism after her death.

Agar haan to aaj se Kishore ke gaane sunna band aur wo Madhubala to, chalo ab uski koi bhi black and white movie dekh kar aahe nahi bharege........waise kuch bhi ho, maan gaye kishore daa ko, Khaye piye khiske.............

Sheena
July 13th, 2001, 11:51 AM
ye aapko kya daura pad gaya ,artist logon ka koi religion nahi hota,samjhe..................MR RAHUL:D :D

unko log unki art perfomance ke liye pasand karte hain naa ki religion ke liye.:smash: :smash: :smash:

Rahul
July 13th, 2001, 12:14 PM
ye aapko kya daura pad gaya ,artist logon ka koi religion nahi hota,samjhe..................MR RAHUL:D :D

unko log unki art perfomance ke liye pasand karte hain naa ki religion ke liye.:smash: :smash: :smash:

Agar artist logo ka religion nahi hota to religion change karne ke jarurat kya thi Madhubala jaise fataka se shadi karne ke liye, waise kuch bhi ho kishore da ka once again jawab nahi jo chiz pasand aa gayee, bus le lee, chahe religion change karke lenee padi ho.

Sheena
July 13th, 2001, 12:17 PM
yaar that was their personal fatta,iam talking in genral public ko kya problem hai:D :D

Netra
July 15th, 2001, 11:14 PM
Saw the film yesterday and liked it a lot. Hats off to the dialogue by Sunny Deol: "There are more Muslims in Hindustan than in Pakistan and they all say Hindustan Zindabad."

Sheena
July 16th, 2001, 07:08 AM
i like movie very much as a luv story ,but the end is purely illogical,is it possible ki itni army or public se sirf 1 banda bachkar aajaye,atleast chudiyan toh pakis ne bhi nahi pahni hongi.

(no offence please ,i just talking on logical point)

Netra
July 16th, 2001, 07:14 AM
i like movie very much as a luv story ,but the end is purely illogical,is it possible ki itni army or public se sirf 1 banda bachkar aajaye,atleast chudiyan toh pakis ne bhi nahi pahni hongi.

Lekin Sheenaji, yeh to har ek hindi philum mein hota hain na? e.g. Hero vs. Zamindar ke goonde.

Sheena
July 16th, 2001, 07:21 AM
He-hehehe-----

Ur right Netra ji,do u know ye hi point hollywood movies ka bhi yahan bhi end mein hero-heroin jarur bach jaate hain or last mein 1 kiss karte nazar aaten hain

Netra
July 16th, 2001, 07:27 AM
Sheena (how about doing away with the ji bit), at least in Gadar the producer/director had the presence of mind to engage a tagda guy like Sunny Deol for the role of Tara Singh. Imagine if they had taken Amir Khan or Saif Ali Khan for that role!

Sheena
July 16th, 2001, 07:43 AM
according to ur age u have right to called as ji,but if don't want than no problem.

ya! sunny deol is right choice for Tara singh,and imagine about saif & aamir----uh----not controlled my laughter:) :)

Perfectionist
July 16th, 2001, 07:48 AM
according to ur age u have right to called as ji,but if don't want than no problem.

ya! sunny deol is right choice for Tara singh,and imagine about saif & aamir----uh----not controlled my laughter:) :)

Then think about amitabh from days of Janzeer or Sanjay Dutt from Rocky.

P

Sheena
July 16th, 2001, 08:07 AM
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! kisi ko kuch bhi kahna par AMITABH ko nahi:smash: :smash:

perfect_storm
July 16th, 2001, 08:19 AM

I THINK MARRIGE IS VERY PERSONAL DECIOSN.:smash: :smash:

Sheena ji what r u saying aap to FIRE ki baat kar rehi hain

perfect_storm
July 16th, 2001, 08:25 AM

yes it is definetly possible but only in silver screen aur wohin dikhaya bhi.

What do u think is it possible that any girl or boys sing a song around tree when they r in love.....;) (yes in reel but not in real

Sheena
July 16th, 2001, 08:43 AM
toofan ,

wo i just write by mistake,uska maine follw up bhi diay tha wo bhi padh lo.

I agree with ur silver screen point:) :)

perfect_storm
July 16th, 2001, 08:50 AM
toofan ,

wo i just write by mistake,uska maine follw up bhi diay tha wo bhi padh lo.

I agree with ur silver screen point:) :)

Sheema storm comes occasionally that's why. Iske baad follow up parne ki jaroorat nehi

Sheena
July 16th, 2001, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by perfect_storm

Sheema storm comes occasionally that's why. Iske baad follow up parne ki jaroorat nehi sheema nahi sheena:)

perfect_storm
July 16th, 2001, 10:23 AM
sheema nahi sheena:)

galti ho gayi, actually tumhare post ka reply kar reha tha, tumhara asar to hona hi tha (girls vs girls) :)

Perfectionist
July 25th, 2001, 09:11 AM
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! kisi ko kuch bhi kahna par AMITABH ko nahi:smash: :smash:

I just do not wish to hurt anybody about Amitabh (as a fact I am also one of his fans). But then as here logic of a villain beathing dozen pehalwaans together was discussed, you shall agree that however good actor he was, he sure not looked like he can beat all those mustandas as he did (remember when in Deewar he locks the godown and did dhulai of all those dada log). Though I would admit that I liked him beating all the gunda mawali log in the movie. It was larger (bit too larger) than life, but then Amitabh is too...

P

Sheena
July 25th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Did u ever watch his latest programme KBC on star+ in india ,man he is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in this age also.Amitabh,uuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjust thandi saanse aati hain sochakr bhi :cool: :D he is simply great,and his voice wav!!!!!!!!!!perfect.

*sheena Luvs Amitabh,till death*