PDA

View Full Version : Beef

dirty
March 20th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Why is beef not permitted in Hnidu religion ? Why is of all animals cow sacred ?

I am vegetarian . I dont even eat chicken so dont jump on me but no one I have spoken to has given me a good reason.

dhurandhar
March 20th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Why is beef not permitted in Hnidu religion ? Why is of all animals cow sacred ?

I am vegetarian . I dont even eat chicken so dont jump on me but no one I have spoken to has given me a good reason.

In ancient times, cow used to provide milk(that was actually intended for her offspring), and most of her offsprings were castrated to plough fields. So, to be guilt-free of such atrocities on the cow, it was elevated to the status of mother.

The rest should be obvious:D:D

chitrala
March 20th, 2010, 12:26 AM
In ancient times, cow used to provide milk(that was actually intended for her offspring), and most of her offsprings were castrated to plough fields. So, to be guilt-free of such atrocities on the cow, it was elevated to the status of mother.

The rest should be obvious:D:D
I agree it is more kind of sociological reasons... the same reason for which one doesn't eat one's dog.

raniraja
March 20th, 2010, 12:26 AM
:clap::clap: Wonderful topic for a weekend!!

viking
March 20th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Why does one have to wear clothes even in sweltering heat? I asked many but no one gave me a convincing answer!:rolleyes:

dhurandhar
March 20th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Why does one have to wear clothes even in sweltering heat? I asked many but no one gave me a convincing answer!:rolleyes:

To avoid the evil eyes of those men who are not well endowed:D

chitrala
March 20th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Lajja bhante, Lajja! Vastr ka prayojan maatr ooshnata pradan karna nahin hai, aavran shareer ke komalangon:D ko chhote mote kharonchon se bhi bacha ta hai. Aur jaisa bhrata dhurandhar ne kaha hai yeh kuchh jwalansheel manushyon kee vakr drishti se bhi bachata hai...:)

Anonymous
March 20th, 2010, 02:34 AM
since ages, cows' milk is consumed by humans (Lord Krishna's ग्वाला, दुग्ध, मक्खन stories are well known)

for this one reason, a cow is treated equivalent to 'mother'. by hindus only. i believe anyone who consumes cows's milk should consider/respect this दूध का क़र्ज़.

that reason is sufficient for special respect for the animal. it should apply to any animal who serves that purpose.

PS: me a veggie.

viking
March 20th, 2010, 03:57 AM
More here..

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?p=477932#post477932

milanfanabhi
March 20th, 2010, 06:29 AM
at my mothers native place the old houses have floors coated with dry cowdung.i experienced there that they had no mosquitos inside the house in winter,which was quite surprising.maybe mosquitoes hate cow shit :p

echarcha
March 20th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Cow was an animal which provided milk and the manure was used to fertilise fields and also used for burning as fuel. So it was elevated to a special status.

chitrala
March 20th, 2010, 08:53 AM
since ages, cows' milk is consumed by humans (Lord Krishna's ग्वाला, दुग्ध, मक्खन stories are well known)

for this one reason, a cow is treated equivalent to 'mother'. by hindus only. i believe anyone who consumes cows's milk should consider/respect this दूध का क़र्ज़.

that reason is sufficient for special respect for the animal. it should apply to any animal who serves that purpose.

yup... rob the calf of its share of milk and then oblige the whole bovine clan by not eating them. Plants also give us food . we should not cut them either.

PS: me a non-veggie.

Anonymous
March 20th, 2010, 09:05 AM
yup... rob the calf of its share of milk and then oblige the whole bovine clan by not eating them.

this i may agree. as a kid i raised this question & someone told me that the amount of milk given to mammals by mother nature is much more than the needs of its offspring. i do not have statistics to support or deny that.

Plants also give us food . we should not cut them either.
this reminds me of Dr. Zakir Naik :)

chitrala
March 20th, 2010, 09:13 AM

Shrimadbhagvadgeeta, page no; 203, chapter no. 2, shloka no.27, Shrikrishna says: Al bahr ul yumm bakar, al murgh paalak e paneer.
which means
You can eat anything present on the planet as everything is already slain by me.:)

raniraja
March 20th, 2010, 09:17 AM
this i may agree. as a kid i raised this question & someone told me that the amount of milk given to mammals by mother nature is much more than the needs of its offspring. i do not have statistics to support or deny that.

That's true, at least in humans. A woman produces upto 7-8 times the milk required for feeding one neonate. A gynec told me this. Thus the concept of breast milk bank came into being.

Pratiksha
March 20th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Just like coconut also known as "shree fal" & is revered in India because all parts of the coconut tree are put to good use by Human beings. Similarly, Cow "gomata" is revered because of the following reasons:

1. She is a mammal. Highly intelligent living being.
2. She gives milk.
3. She is loving and kind.
4. She gives birth to bullocks(used in farms) and cows(for milk).
5. Cow dung is used inside houses and for cookinf purposes.
6. Gomutra in ayurved is medicinal and hence it was drunk in olden days and also sprinkled around houses to kill germs etc. Gomutra was considered medicinal because cows ate only green grass and nothing else.
7. Lord Krishna was a cowherd.

May there are many other reasons why onky HINDUS consider cows as "mata" and hence dont kill their mother.

dirty
March 20th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Folks I am looking for serious discussions here and valid answers . As we see from all the answers no one has a good answer.

Sure cow gives milk but so does goat so its okay to eat goat ? Since ancient times man used to herd cows and goats then why is it okay to eat goat ?

And then is it okay to eat bull then ? Bull and ox do nto give milk so they are not "Mother " ?

Either you eat meat or not . I dont eat meat because I do not like to kill animals . All the hindus say ( without any knowledge ) that they cannnot eat beef due to religious reason but no one can explain.......

OKay so let me ask you all non-vegetarians out there . Why would you not eat beef ?

Sane Less
March 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Isn't buffalo milk more used than cows? And isn't goat's milk used quite often? Then why do they not get the same or similar stature as cows:confused:

Most of the points you make, Pratigya tai, apply to a buffalo too, don't they? In fact, point 1 above applies more to a buffalo than a cow as the former is way more intelligent than the latter. But a buffalo is always treated dirty while a cow is respected. I think it is the inherent racism evident in an Indian's mentality. We Indians are racist ugly fellas... and no amount of hypocrisy is big for us:D

Rakhi
March 20th, 2010, 02:12 PM
As far as I know, this is how the story goes.

In Vedas, 'Gou' is referred to animal as well as senses/ego (Indriya). And 'medh' is sacrifice. In olden days when people say Goumedha, it was interpreted as sacrifice of cow, where it should have been sacrifice of ego (according to what my grand ma told all those years ago). Many cows were scarified (much before kaliyuga) without taking any advantage of all the benefits which Pratiksha told above.
This situation was considered not-ideal and it was preached that Gou is holy to stop unnecessary killing of cows. The forbidden started a little before kaliyuga and Hindus accept this rule religiously.

dhurandhar
March 20th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Folks I am looking for serious discussions here and valid answers . As we see from all the answers no one has a good answer.

Sure cow gives milk but so does goat so its okay to eat goat ? Since ancient times man used to herd cows and goats then why is it okay to eat goat ?

And then is it okay to eat bull then ? Bull and ox do nto give milk so they are not "Mother " ?

Either you eat meat or not . I dont eat meat because I do not like to kill animals . All the hindus say ( without any knowledge ) that they cannnot eat beef due to religious reason but no one can explain.......

OKay so let me ask you all non-vegetarians out there . Why would you not eat beef ?

Goat does not enjoy status as mother (because it was practically useless for all purposes)...nowhere in scriptures is it mentioned that it is ok to eat goat, buffalo or even chicken for that matter. First decide what question you need to ask....don't meander:D

All religions are irrational, so you cannot expect rational and consistent answers to any question. As they say....Tundey Tundey Mateer Bhinna:D

badriprasad
March 20th, 2010, 03:51 PM

Doesn't jive well. Muslims don't eat port ... do they grow up drinking pig's milk? Of course not. I am sure 90% of Muslims drank a (human) mother's milk. So why did they kill many innocent women who were same age (and some even old enough to be grand-mothers) or even older than their own mothers back in Pakistan?

Annybhai ... has been the trouble and problem of us Hindus ever since ... we are full of shitty emotions and seldom if ever use logic. Everything in our religion and the way we practice it ... logic is always missing.

PS: me NOT veggie but NO eat beef.

Pratiksha
March 20th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Isn't buffalo milk more used than cows? And isn't goat's milk used quite often? Then why do they not get the same or similar stature as cows:confused:

Most of the points you make, Pratigya tai, apply to a buffalo too, don't they? In fact, point 1 above applies more to a buffalo than a cow as the former is way more intelligent than the latter. But a buffalo is always treated dirty while a cow is respected. I think it is the inherent racism evident in an Indian's mentality. We Indians are racist ugly fellas... and no amount of hypocrisy is big for us:D

Points I have learnt and find valid from reading some "puran" written by saints like Gondavlekar Maharaj and also in books for Ayurved. Disclaimer: Not my points :)

Buffalo:
1. Milk has a lot of fat and protein which is very heavy to digest espcially by humans as infants unlike cows milk which is more watery.
2. For some reasons for all religious yadnyas ghee made from cows milk is used and cow dung cakes.
3. Ayurved says cows milk is medicinal.
4. Cows dont enjoy stomping in dirt unlike buffalos.

last

Buffaloes are black:D with flies sitting on the mud stuck to their bodies which looks like pimples and they ride on bicycles :D

badriprasad
March 20th, 2010, 04:22 PM
You can buy beef in India in any city and in all the markets. For some reason butchers in India are all of minority religion ... they have no personal issues with slaughtering Cows or selling beef.

Beef is sold much cheaper than for instance Goat meat. Beef was Rs. 80 a kilo and Goat meat Rs. 200+ ... last I went with my host to the market and inquired out of curiosity. I wanted to know why beef is so cheap ... but a natural question.

Butcher was an honest man. Goats have to be tied and fed which cost money ... beside meat eating Hindus tend to be rich and can afford to pay high price. Cows on other hand don't cost much to raise ... hire someone to tie cows to a nearby by tree ... or let cows roam Hindu areas. Hindus feed them all day for free ... beside most Muslims are poor and cannot pay high price for beef. Excess profit from goat meat eaters more than makes up for loss if any in selling beef to our poor Muslim brothers. Butcher was an honest man ... I thought.

edit/add ... you will find in the archives personal experience of one of our female member who is no longer active. She wrote ... cows used to be slaughtered behind the building where she lived which was next to a temple. Police were helpless or didn't care.

badriprasad
March 20th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Butcher was an honest man. Goats have to be tied and fed which cost money ... beside meat eating Hindus tend to be rich and can afford to pay high price. Cows on other hand don't cost much to raise ... hire someone to tie cows to a nearby by tree ... or let cows roam Hindu areas. Hindus feed them all day for free ...

See ... I told you. We Hindus are stupid people. Our religious practices are illogical.

Why blame butchers when Hindus are the ones encouraging slaughter and sell of beef in India? Day Hindus stop feeding cows roaming the streets is the day Muslims will have no choice but to eat goat meat. Cows will cost much more to feed and raise ... beef will be more expensive than goat meat.

Who got courage tell that to slogan shouting and Satyanarayan katha reading Hindus?

dhurandhar
March 20th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Doesn't jive well. Muslims don't eat port ... do they grow up drinking pig's milk? Of course not. I am sure 90% of Muslims drank a (human) mother's milk. So why did they kill many innocent women who were same age (and some even old enough to be grand-mothers) or even older than their own mothers back in Pakistan?

Annybhai ... has been the trouble and problem of us Hindus ever since ... we are full of shitty emotions and seldom if ever use logic. Everything in our religion and the way we practice it ... logic is always missing.

PS: me NOT veggie but NO eat beef.

The term is jibe...not jive.

As I said earlier...logic and religion don't mix. Biblical religions (Jews/Christians/Muslims) are not permitted to eat meat of an animal that does not have hooves. Allah had an addendum attached to the list he handed out to Mohamed...pork was out. Muslims claim that it is because pig is unclean...but apparently no reason was given by Allah:D

Now, if a person can eat meat of a hooved animal why is meat of a mouse, dog, cat, squirrel, rabbit, camel left out? Is that logical...of course not...no religions are...that is the distinction between science and religion...if science becomes illogical...it degenerates into a religion:D

chitrala
March 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Points I have learnt and find valid from reading some "puran" written by saints like Gondavlekar Maharaj and also in books for Ayurved. Disclaimer: Not my points :)

Buffalo:
1. Milk has a lot of fat and protein which is very heavy to digest espcially by humans as infants unlike cows milk which is more watery.
2. For some reasons for all religious yadnyas ghee made from cows milk is used and cow dung cakes.
3. Ayurved says cows milk is medicinal.
4. Cows dont enjoy stomping in dirt unlike buffalos.
what crap is this?
last

Buffaloes are black:D with flies sitting on the mud stuck to their bodies which looks like pimples and they ride on bicycles :D
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: and the grass in their mouth is like roses they offer to random girls...:D

short? what short?

chitrala
March 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM

I think it's Jive... and I agree with Badri pai..cows dont jive well...

badriprasad
March 20th, 2010, 05:58 PM

Doesn't jive well.

Holy cow. ;) Never in dream my imagining I entering english writing lesson from the great Dhurendherbhai. Honored to me you. Thank you to you two.

No. I did mean JIVE ... :D ... use of word was in my response to post by Annybhai ... quoted above

For someone trying to appeal to our sense of gratitude and emotions ... he was not being deceptive enough ... he was not being nonsensical enough ... I felt. He could have done more, like the nut in Dirtybhai's signature. Given the context of my thoughts ... use of word JIVE is justified.

Which brings me to :) Vikingbhai. It seems he has no respect for members of this site. Vikingbhai is following in the footsteps of idiot in D's signature ... appealing to sense of our sight. (http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showpost.php?p=477932&postcount=12)

dhurandhar
March 20th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Holy cow. ;) Never in dream my imagining I entering english writing lesson from the great Dhurendherbhai. Honored to me you. Thank you to you two.

No. I did mean JIVE ... :D ... use of word was in my response to post by Annybhai ... quoted above

For someone trying to appeal to our sense of gratitude and emotions ... he was not being deceptive enough ... he was not being nonsensical enough ... I felt. He could have done more, like the nut in Dirtybhai's signature. Given the context of my thoughts ... use of word JIVE is justified.

Which brings me to :) Vikingbhai. It seems he has no respect for members of this site. Vikingbhai is following in the footsteps of idiot in D's signature ... appealing to sense of our sight. (http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showpost.php?p=477932&postcount=12)

Unless you wanted to be funny or just plain awkward...it's jibe:D

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/jibe (scroll down for proper context)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/jive

Rakhi
March 20th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I dont understand why do you all keep saying that the religion (especially referring to beef) is not logical. Like I said, there was logic when the forbidding came into being. People were slaughtering cows in the name of sacrifice left, right and center and to avoid the situation and make the best of the cow, it was deemed to be holy even before the kaliyuga!
Just like you save today's endangered species.

The moment one says something is Holy, we respect it and immediately start doing whatever is told to us. The same belief is being carried out after all these years. I think that was perfectly logical in those days which is being practiced even today.

dhurandhar
March 20th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I dont understand why do you all keep saying that the religion (especially referring to beef) is not logical. Like I said, there was logic when the forbidding came into being. People were slaughtering cows in the name of sacrifice left, right and center and to avoid the situation and make the best of the cow, it was deemed to be holy even before the kaliyuga!

The moment one says something is Holy, we respect it and immediately start doing whatever is told to us. The same belief is being carried out after all these years. I think that was perfectly logical in those days which is being practiced even today.

the concept of Holy is neither logical nor consistent:D

badriprasad
March 20th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I think it's Jive... and I agree with Badri pai..cows dont jive well...

:rotfl:

Sorry. I try seriousness now. Honour is all my. 11000 post I write. Dhurendherbhai finding finally one mistake in mine English. 10999 post perfek queen english. One post make mistake. Like Charchilla Sahib writing always ... I AM SORRY.

Rakhi
March 20th, 2010, 06:08 PM
the concept of Holy is neither logical nor consistent:D

Well, in this case it proved to be consistent. Else cows wouldn't be holy anymore today.

Q: What would be your logical step if you see something being endangered?
Ans: You try to protect it.
Q: But, how do you educate all the masses?
And: You cannot. So you say its, Holy.

Stupid people that we are, we believe, without questioning why its Holy. Same practice holds good today.

Did you read my previous post about Goumedha? I explained it there ;)

badriprasad
March 20th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Unless you wanted to be funny or just plain awkward...it's jibe:D

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/jibe (scroll down for proper context)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/jive

Jive ... here copy/paste from your link:

Slang Dictionary
jive [dʒɑɪv]

1. n.
drugs; marijuana. (Drugs. See also gyve.) : That jive is gonna be the end of you.
2. n.
back talk. : Don't you give me any of that jive!
3. n.
lies; deception; nonsense. : No more of your jive. Talk straight or don't talk.
4. mod.
deceptive; insincere. : I listened to her little jive speech and then fired her.

dhurandhar
March 20th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Jive ... here copy/paste from your link:

Slang Dictionary
jive [dʒɑɪv]

1. n.
drugs; marijuana. (Drugs. See also gyve.) : That jive is gonna be the end of you.
2. n.
back talk. : Don't you give me any of that jive!
3. n.
lies; deception; nonsense. : No more of your jive. Talk straight or don't talk.
4. mod.
deceptive; insincere. : I listened to her little jive speech and then fired her.

so you wanted to be funny...use appropriate emoticons:D

dhurandhar
March 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Well, in this case it proved to be consistent. Else cows wouldn't be holy anymore today.

Q: What would be your logical step if you see something being endangered?
Ans: You try to protect it.
Q: But, how do you educate all the masses?
And: You cannot. So you say its, Holy.

Stupid people that we are, we believe, without questioning why its Holy. Same practice holds good today.

Did you read my previous post about Goumedha? I explained it there ;)

Did you ever take a course in logic?:D...or can you separate facts from fiction? Holy is fiction...not a fact:D...for example, God is fiction:D

Also, what is holy for one is not holy for other...so the concept of holiness is at best consistent in a group of people...not across geographical location:D

Rakhi
March 20th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Did you ever take a course in logic?:D...or can you separate facts from fiction? Holy is fiction...not a fact:D...for example, God is fiction:D

Emmmmmmm. Perhaps its me who is not communicating well enough to make you understand what I am trying to get at.

I am not saying holy is a fact. I am saying that using the word called holy, those days, people were able to stop the unnecessary slaughter of cows in the name of sacrifice.

badriprasad
March 20th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I dont understand why do you all keep saying that the religion (especially referring to beef) is not logical.

Rakhiji ... not me ... I have never claimed our religion is NOT logical ... I dare not. The way we practice our religion is most illogical is what I wrote.

Rakhi
March 20th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Rakhiji ... not me ... I have never claimed our religion is NOT logical ... I dare not. The way we practice our religion is most illogical is what I wrote.

Precisely. That is why I gave the reason I had known for all these years why Hindu's do not eat cow. Read post 19 please.

Pratiksha
March 20th, 2010, 06:29 PM

I hear you. Hence (not sure about goats) but most of the animals are associated with one or the other Gods or Godesses in Hinduism.

1. Krishna - cows
2. Saraswati - Swan
3. Kalimata - Lion
4. Dutta - dogs
5. Ganapati -mouse
6. Kartikeya - peacock

and so on and so forth.

Anything close to divine is divine.

dirty
March 20th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I hear you. Hence (not sure about goats) but most of the animals are associated with one or the other Gods or Godesses in Hinduism.

1. Krishna - cows
2. Saraswati - Swan
3. Kalimata - Lion
4. Dutta - dogs
5. Ganapati -mouse
6. Kartikeya - peacock

and so on and so forth.

But Hindus will eat anything except cow .....

Pratiksha
March 20th, 2010, 06:35 PM

seriously gadhe kahin ke.....

dhurandhar
March 20th, 2010, 06:36 PM

Read my statements on logic, rationale and religion:D

Some of the Matajis are associated with cock (rooster), Lord Vishnu himself took avatar of a Pig (boar, to be precise), and Matsya (fish) in different yugas:D

The question of this thread is pointless...I am outta this thread:D

Rakhi
March 20th, 2010, 06:40 PM

Did you actually read all the answers before you posted this? Please do read.

seriously gadhe kahin ke.....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

badriprasad
March 20th, 2010, 06:49 PM

1. Krishna - cows
2. Saraswati - Swan
3. Kalimata - Lion
4. Dutta - dogs
5. Ganapati -mouse
6. Kartikeya - peacock

and so on and so forth.

Pratiji ... welcome. 135 posts and I didn't even notice you. It had to take this ridiculous (don't you think?) post. Welcome. I am a new member myself pretending to be duplicate id of an old ahole. :)

Precisely. That is why I gave the reason I had known for all these years why Hindu's do not eat cow. Read post 19 please.

Rakhiji ... read Pratiji's post above. Ridiculous ... isn't it ... totally illogical. I can think of lot of offensive stuff which was close enough to divine Gods and Goddesses for us to worship as divine. I won't put in words.

Pratiksha
March 20th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Rakhiji ... read Pratiji's post above. Ridiculous ... isn't it ... totally illogical. I can think of lot of offensive stuff which was close enough to divine Gods and Goddesses for us to worship as divine. I won't put in words.

Yup same here brother, it was easier to take note of your ID since all of your posts are ridiculous & written in hard to read english. :)

O&O

badriprasad
March 20th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Yup same here brother, it was easier to take note of your ID since all of your posts are ridiculous & written in hard to read english. :)

O&O

See? This is how all fights start at this site. Did you have to insult my lack of expertise in writing a foreign language? Admit, you just had to say something nasty to make me feel bad? There are times when I do not have immediate access to dictionary ... how is that for an excuse?

Baba, all I was trying to do was simply drive a point ... ridiculous for us Hindus to claim that we do not eat rat cause some God used to ride the ancestor of filthy thing. Audacious to even discuss rats, Gods, and our Hindu diet.

Okay. I don't rats because one of my God used to ride the thing. Are you happy now? But I eat mice cause no Hindu God made friends with mice. I am a good Hindu.

raniraja
March 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM
See? This is how all fights start at this site. Did you have to insult my lack of expertise in writing a foreign language? Admit, you just had to say something nasty to make me feel bad? There are times when I do not have immediate access to dictionary
You always have www.dictionary.com
Cows were also the earliest form of currency. People paid for things in terms of number of cows (explained by HarHar in Angkor Wat Temple thread (http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showpost.php?p=424154&postcount=9)).

badriprasad
March 20th, 2010, 09:33 PM
ww.dictionary.com

What do you want me to do with it? I can think of many things but all offensive ... to you. :D

Baba, let me explain. I use MS Word Hindi document to write my post in Hindi first. Open my dictionary and start translating in to English. Copy/paste final result here. Do you have a link to a Hindi-English dictionary?

Make sure dictionary is good. Broken dictionary will result in broken English.

Cows were also the earliest form of currency. People paid for things in terms of number of cows .

This is most ridiculous thing I have heard since this morning. Now go ahead and insult me like :) Pratiksha did. Go ahead. What are you waiting for?

Cows for currency! How many cows did you pay for a bottle of beer or 100 gms of Salt? It must have been bloody expensive. No wonder we had to have KalYuga for deflation.

:rotfl:

:rotfl: @ Pratiksha

viking
March 20th, 2010, 09:49 PM

Reminds me of Saneless:rolleyes:

raniraja
March 20th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Badri, why do you want to translate from Hindi to English? Straight hindi ka post here, either attach the MS-word document or simply cut paste.

Cows as currency, of course. You can find many references to it on internet. check here (http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money)and here (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=73663).

Of course you can buy beer by paying in cows!! Depends on the health of your cow, but ask your beer shop guy. BTW, how many cows do you own? :D

Anonymous
March 21st, 2010, 12:21 AM

ty, u did not read my post properly. i said any category of humans who do not give special respect to animals whose milk they consume, should do it.

emotion/faith/religion & logic seldom go together. of all faiths/religions if any religion/faith does try to argue with logic or seems logical, its hinduism. We at least question ourselves and try giving answers (like we r doing in this thread).

logically milk is just a food for stomach. emotionally/religiously/faithfully:) its god-gifted feature given to mothers to feed a living being freshly out of their own bodies which cant consume anything else at the time.its like a life-supporting-system. plus (in case of animals) the attachment that mothers have to newborns is something to be seen. for those who havent, in order for cows to release the milk, the calf is used to give it a jump-start. if the newborn is not in her sight, she cries. and some think animals do not have emotions.
all-in-all, if the milk is consumed by humans without the calf being deprived of its fair share, the animal deserves special respect. like myself and RR pai noted earlier in this thread, generally mammals produce much more milk than the needs of their offsprings.

badriprasad
March 21st, 2010, 01:03 AM
ty,

ty (thank you) to you too.
u did not read my post properly. i said any category of humans who do not give special respect to animals whose milk they consume, should do it.

Emotions and sentiments I can appreciate. :up:

emotion/faith/religion & logic seldom go together. of all faiths/religions if any religion/faith does try to argue with logic or seems logical, its hinduism. We at least question ourselves and try giving answers (like we r doing in this thread).

Is the greatness of our Hindu religion. We have been given all the right tools to question ... reach our own personal conclusions.

logically milk is just a food for stomach. emotionally/religiously/faithfully:) its god-gifted feature given to mothers to feed a living being freshly out of their own bodies which cant consume anything else at the time.its like a life-supporting-system. plus (in case of animals) the attachment that mothers have to newborns is something to be seen. for those who havent, in order for cows to release the milk, the calf is used to give it a jump-start. if the newborn is not in her sight, she cries. and some think animals do not have emotions.

Bhau, only an animal lover can know. I grew up with that goats. I have grown up on goat milk. I have seen goats deliver calves. I have helped my father raise those beauts. I have woken up early in the morning to milk the goats. I have prepared feed for the goats. I have brought our goats to bushes for wild feed.

I cannot speak for commercial farms for for them its all about dollar and cents. Sentiments and emotions don't bring extra dollars unless consumers wake up and demand that animals be treated as humanely as possible.

Like you wrote yourself ... cows and goats produce more than enough. At our home ... we released calf (tied nearby to the mother) to feed first ... before milking to meet our own needs.

You could never separate or take calf away from mother's eye-sight ... she will cry to high heavens and refuse to eat. But after few weeks you had to tie calf separately for several reasons ... later perhaps.

all-in-all, if the milk is consumed by humans without the calf being deprived of its fair share, the animal deserves special respect. like myself and RR pai noted earlier in this thread, generally mammals produce much more milk than the needs of their offsprings.

later ..................

marvelous
March 21st, 2010, 12:43 PM
Shrimadbhagvadgeeta, page no; 203, chapter no. 2, shloka no.27, Shrikrishna says: Al bahr ul yumm bakar, al murgh paalak e paneer..:)

ha ha ha ekzactly same same like that bstrd:D

dhurandhar
March 21st, 2010, 01:35 PM
By badriprasad
Bhau, only an animal lover can know. I grew up with that goats. I have grown up on goat milk. I have seen goats deliver calves. I have helped my father raise those beauts. I have woken up early in the morning to milk the goats. I have prepared feed for the goats. I have brought our goats to bushes for wild feed.

I cannot speak for commercial farms for for them its all about dollar and cents. Sentiments and emotions don't bring extra dollars unless consumers wake up and demand that animals be treated as humanely as possible.

Like you wrote yourself ... cows and goats produce more than enough. At our home ... we released calf (tied nearby to the mother) to feed first ... before milking to meet our own needs.

You could never separate or take calf away from mother's eye-sight ... she will cry to high heavens and refuse to eat. But after few weeks you had to tie calf separately for several reasons ... later perhaps.

Now I know why you talk as if you are bleating:D

reetpawas
March 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM

many people drink goats milk, so u reckon they shouldn't eat goat meat and respect it as sacred as mother.

badriprasad
March 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM
Now I know why you talk as if you are bleating:D

like a goat? hmmm

Jive?

You are Peeved! For someone to claim to be a contrarian and be predictable at the same time. Hmmm

sgars
March 21st, 2010, 09:23 PM
white cotton clothes deflect some of the heat and also absorb sweat. Not sure if this convinves you but i would go for it.