PDA

View Full Version : Why we do not worship BRAHMA

SKS
July 14th, 2001, 07:55 AM
As per the Hindu Mythology goes, There were three people(Gods??????????) involved in the management of the entity which we all belong.

Bramha Vishnu and Mahesh,

We all worship Vishnu and Mahesh(The Charsi God), but there are not many temples seen or worshiped about BRAHMA, (Who was infact the creator).

We Pray to all kind of (so many crores) GODS in india, and we really do not know who is what kind of god, but

Can Somebody please throw some light on .

WHY BRAHMA IS NOT WORSHIPED............

TheRock
July 14th, 2001, 09:05 AM
not exact idea...but perhaps he "mis"did something...read somewhere.

RECKER
July 14th, 2001, 09:15 AM
I am really surprised why we in India worship most of the gods who never had good characters.....????????????

Take an example Shankar, Krishna, Kali and the list goes on...

vivek_lahoti
July 14th, 2001, 10:39 AM
now now now......

first: why is bramha not worshipped.
its not true. bramha is worshipped but not very much.
you see, bramha is the creator, vishnu is the protector and mahesha is the destuctor.
thats how the balance of the universe was decided. each god has his own role.
vishnu, since is the protector, has to take many incarnations, or avatars for protecting the earth from evil. what we worship is not really vishnu but his avatars, like lord krishna or rama or there are many more.
he is more like down to earth.

lord shiva or mahesha doesnt take avatars, but has to be in touch with the latest updates on the earth, like who is the new deamon or who is harrasing others for no reason.
its his job to keep up the balance between positive and negative. he is kinda extrimist. many instances are there where deamons were born out of shiva's rage.

in case of bramha, he creates and designs the universe. he doesnt destroy anything. neither good nor bad. he has no contact with earth. he doesnt have to take incarnations to kill deamons, or provide prosperity. there are gods (indra and company) to do that.. so, we dont have much to ask from him (Except bramhastra). and so, not all that much worshipped.
(why was bramhastraa created is a different story. some other time.)

second: gods who never had good characters.....????????????

now look... hinduism doesnt say everything is good.
each and everything has its purpose. and if its a god, he has a good purpose. if its a deamon, it has a bad purpose. the balance between good nd bad is essential. ampunt of good (or +ve) = amount of bad(or-ve)
if all the bad is over, all the good will also be over. (u see, universe was created out of nothing. when positve forces were born, so were the negative forces.)
actually universe is a never ending battlefield between the good and the bad.
the three major gods are meager sutradhars, or administrators of the universe.

now regarding the bad gods...
krishna wasant bad. no way.
nor was shankar on any instance.
yp, there seems to be a bit confusion regarding kali.

kali was a incarnation of i think all the major godesses ie parvarti, laxmi and saraswati. she had her purpose of killing some deamon (i think mahishasur not sure). after she did that, she was pacified by lord shiva. she is not bad. she did nt harm anyone innocent.
kali wants bali according to the rural myths thats because when kali was created, she designed to be blood thirsty. she had to kill deamons afterall. and bai is provided to kali just to quench that thirst. so that she doesnt harm anyone innocent out of a fit.

RECKER
July 14th, 2001, 10:46 AM
See as per my understanding, Krishna is bad because he had so many wives and used to take away the clothings of girls taking bath.

Shankar on the other hand did all kind of things, see they worship his pennis.

and for Kali .. to make her happy U have give a Bali to her..

karuna
July 16th, 2001, 03:35 AM
To begin with, Brahma must have had his share of temples and worshippers.

But after getting fed up with the debauched brahmin priestly class, people must have slowly started keeping away from the deity BRAHMA.

Indian
July 16th, 2001, 04:07 AM
what are we trying to do here ...???
categorise gods ?

giving a human certificate to God ?

why dont we just assume that ..there is one supreme being out there(god) , and just pray to him.

i dont know ..why Brahma was not worshipped , but i can assure u that Brahma as a member of TRIMURTI and is worshipped along VISHNU and MAHESHWARA.

And ..not to forget ..the two ancient hindu worshiping groups..SHAIVAs and VAISHNAVAs . May be people of those days didnt like much about Brahma's deeds when compared to Shiva and Vishnu.
If we refer to Ramayana, Mahabharat and Geeta ..you will find valiant ,glamourised and attractive events about Shiva and Vishnu ..but the references to Brahma are very less ..and even if they are there ..it is of low profile.

I dont know ..why karuna is so alergic to Brahmins ..in context of God Brahma :confused:
I know that Brahmins are considered as Avataars of Brahma ..but still :confused:

If karuna says that ..Hinduism/India is dominated and controlled by Brahmins ..then logically thinking Brahma should be the most worshipped god..right ?

ab ..sach kya hain ..kaun janey ? :confused:
what say ..karuna ?

Indian
July 16th, 2001, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by RECKER

Shankar on the other hand did all kind of things, see they worship his pennis.

I am not a regular to temple .. ..i have very less knowledge of Hindusim .

Can you please explain and quote the source from where you have deducted this conclusion ..on Shiva Ling ..being Shiva's Penis ?

Netra
July 16th, 2001, 04:15 AM
Indianji, ling in sanskrit means penis. Shiv ling is definitely means Shankar's penis. There is a big story behind its worship, but I don't recall it anymore.

karuna
July 16th, 2001, 04:19 AM
Shiva Linga is indeed Shiva's reproductive organ.

Brahma is the creator of the universe. Instead of his reproductive organ being an object of worship, can any one tell me why Shiva Linga is worshipped??

Netra
July 16th, 2001, 04:53 AM
Try this link for information on Shivlinga.

http://www.indiancultureonline.com/Mystica/html/shivalinga.htm

nandini
July 16th, 2001, 05:54 AM
well probably brahma was not is not worshipped coz he was lusting after his own daughter... and incest probably a taboo even then

Randheer
July 16th, 2001, 06:09 AM
Hindu Society was and will always be Performance Oriented.Performance and Job Responsibility of Brahma were of
not so Challenging level.He did mainly Clerical kind of Jobs.Maintaining records etc,Thats why he was not worshipped.Plus he created problems also by giving unnecessary vardans to asurs(demons),so thats why he is not worshipped.
Pure Performance based
:D :D :D

Netra
July 16th, 2001, 06:12 AM
But Randheer, wasn't it Brahma who created this world? I was given to undersand that Brahma was the creator, Vishnu the protecter and Shiva the destroyer. They all seem to be having equally important functions.

Randheer
July 16th, 2001, 06:15 AM
Paida Karne se Bada Palne wala hota hai.......
Other Gods were busy with important things,so this task was delegated to him.

Netra
July 16th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Aur destroy karnewala?:D

Randheer
July 16th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Destroy Karne wala sabse bada hota hai.Brahma was Just a Clerk
kind of person.He never left his headquarters,has no Field Experience,can't Handle Challenging Jobs,Had he ever fought against any demon.
So pure Performance....

smellyfinger
July 16th, 2001, 06:25 AM
my take ..

you worship what you fear. There is no fear from Brahma any more. He has done his job. The world is created. You are born. Therefore you worship the preserver (to make your life better) and destroyer (to let you live).

Netra
July 16th, 2001, 06:32 AM
Sounds logical, Smelly. Shows also how ungrateful humans are. Also shows their "boot polishing" (or "ass licking" if you prefer) attitude of people in "useful" positions.

TheRock
July 16th, 2001, 06:55 AM
you worship what you fear.

Fits the current argument. But not true completely. I have no liking for people who forget who bore them. But its what people do - as we see in life - forgetting their parents while focussing on wife and children. (although none is the destroyer element here..).

neways, good point. :)

smellyfinger
July 16th, 2001, 07:05 AM
rock,

look at most of the religions around the world. They are propagated purely on basis of fear. Faith is bred out of fear. This fear is broadly categorized into 2 ..

1. Fear of Consequence .. If you dont do this you will go to hell and burn till eternity. If you do, you will go to heaven.

2. Fear of Destiny .. If you do this, your life will be trouble free. If you dont, you will live as a leper or whatever.

Most religions subscribe to one or both of these.

Sheena
July 16th, 2001, 07:10 AM
logical post,smelly ji:up: :up:

perfect_storm
July 16th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Logical answer already given by smelly. Here is some mythological things to read :

Lord Brahma is the first member of the orthodox Brahmanical triad. Brahma is the god of creation and he is traditionally accepted as the creator of the entire universe. The manifested world of plurality has emerged from the unmanifest reality. One of the earliest iconographic descriptions of Brahma is that of the four-faced god seated on a lotus. The Lord has in his four hands a water-pot, a manuscript, a sacrificial implement and a rosary. The description of Brahma like those of other deities of Hinduism bears a mystic symbolism. The lotus represents the Reality. Brahma sitting on the lotus indicates that he is ever-rooted in the infinite Reality. The four faces of Brahma represent the four Vedas. They also symbolise the functioning of the inner personality which consists of thoughts. Lord Brahma is not popularly worshipped in India. This is so, because the idea of creation is repugnant to seeker of Truth since the creation of thoughts has veiled the infinite Reality.

Wait for some more............

perfect_storm
July 16th, 2001, 07:30 AM
I. In the Veda he is known as Prajapati, the All-Father, which is what Odin was called in Norse mythology too. He comes to our notice when he begins to people the universe with life forms engendered by an act of cosmic incest he is committing with his daughter. They take many animal and organic shapes and all the offspring take on the shape of the moment of copulation. Which is how a barren universe fills up with vegetable and animal life. This myth is not shocking by the standards of ancient cultures, many of which had as a Primal Cause an act of incest. However the other Vedic deities are not entirely comfortable with this action, but they are powerless to punish the All-Father. It is then that Brahma is overcome by the foe that will pursue him throughout the ages and will finally vanquish him - Rudra-Shiva, the dark outsider god, peculiar, outside the ambit of Vedic ritual, fearfully respected because grimly powerful. Rudra shoots his irresistible arrow at the Prajapati and wounds him into weakness, a punishment that reduces his stature. In this primary myth is already encapsulated Brahma's fall from grace into an object of derision and the replacement of his values by the wilder and freer norms of Shiva.

II. By the time the Upanishads and the Brahmanas were being written Prajapati was having trouble controlling his offspring who did not want any part of his mission to create and instead chose to remain immersed in meditation. These were the Dakshas as well as the divine sage Narada, mind-born son of Brahma. In a fit of frustration Brahma curses Narada to fall and undergo the travails of human existence, for refusing to get married and raise a new race of humans. But Narada is a god too, as well as a great rishi, and he retaliates by cursing Brahma to lose his worshipers for this entire cycle of creation. It is only in the next Yuga that Brahma will again be worshiped. In this myth is given the first explanation for the loss of Brahma's status, a matter that has lurked as an unacknowledged trauma in the Indian Psyche for there are many stories which seek to explain away this totally unthinkable fact. He was the god of creation, the All-Father and if he could fall then what certainty was there in the universe. The second noteworthy aspect of this myth is the first acknowledgement in India thought that celibacy is superior to the expression of sexuality. With retrospective effect this notion served to tinge the original act of Incest that Prajapati committed in even darker hues.

Patel Bhai
July 16th, 2001, 07:35 AM
Good discussion on this.

Smelly good logic behind this. We always worship for our own benefits. Once Brhma has created us, his role is over and we have to consider Vishnu and Mahesh only - this is very common.

But Brahma is worshiped with the name of Viswakarma by all trade people - and they consititite large portion of our poulation - Sutar, Kumbhar, Soni, Lohar etc. In other words they are all creators-architects-engieers like Brahma. In my village I use to go to very large and beautiful Brahma temple.

Perfectionist
July 16th, 2001, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by RECKER
I am really surprised why we in India worship most of the gods who never had good characters.....????????????

Take an example Shankar, Krishna, Kali and the list goes on...

Dear RECKER paji, aap kya REC Kurukshetra ke passout ho???

P

ManOfLaMancha
July 16th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Indian

I am not a regular to temple .. ..i have very less knowledge of Hindusim .

Can you please explain and quote the source from where you have deducted this conclusion ..on Shiva Ling ..being Shiva's Penis ?

Shiva ling is not only Shiva's penis but the base on which rests is the vagina. I remember reading somewhere that its an inside view of Shiva penetrating Parvati (as seen by Ganpati who was in the womb, yet to be born). Dunno if this is true, though.

perfect_storm
July 16th, 2001, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Patel Bhai
Good discussion on this.

Smelly good logic behind this. We always worship for our own benefits. Once Brhma has created us, his role is over and we have to consider Vishnu and Mahesh only - this is very common.

But Brahma is worshiped with the name of Viswakarma by all trade people - and they consititite large portion of our poulation - Sutar, Kumbhar, Soni, Lohar etc. In other words they are all creators-architects-engieers like Brahma. In my village I use to go to very large and beautiful Brahma temple.

Patel Bhai FYI Viswakarma and Brahma both are different god

Patel Bhai
July 16th, 2001, 09:17 AM
Brhma has created the Viswa, so I think Viswakarma and Bramha are same. I am be wrong. Can you please let me know the differences?

nandini
July 16th, 2001, 09:27 AM
why is this discussion on brahma in the politics forum....
another attempt to politicise a religious issue?
will u agents on Cong(I) and BJP never learn....;)

risingsun
July 16th, 2001, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by nandini
why is this discussion on brahma in the politics forum....
another attempt to politicise a religious issue?
will u agents on Cong(I) and BJP never learn....;)

this is the first meaningful post by nandini that i have seen/read.

perfect_storm
July 16th, 2001, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Patel Bhai
Brhma has created the Viswa, so I think Viswakarma and Bramha are same. I am be wrong. Can you please let me know the differences?

Brahma is responsible for human being while Viswakarma is god of machines, it is like Viswa is their (all Gods) engineer.

SKS
July 17th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Well I have been away for the last one week.......Just busy to get on to the forum...

As far as I know Bramha is not worshiped because he went after to RAPE his own daughter...........

and about Shiv lIng entering Parvati's vagina when Ganesh was in teh womb shall be totally wrong.

As far as I understand He was never in Womb but was created out of Parvati to gsurd her, so that no body enters the bathroom when she was taking bath,(which she rarely used to. so clean...damn)
and shiv was so exited at that moment he went to parvati for having intercourse(I am not saying SEX as SEX has totally different Meening altogether...)
and this so called GOD went after cutting Ganesh's head when Ganesh stopped him entering...

and about Shiv ling being worshipped, only female can tell about that.........

ManOfLaMancha
July 18th, 2001, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by SKS

and about Shiv lIng entering Parvati's vagina when Ganesh was in teh womb shall be totally wrong.

What you say is true. Ganesh was not born in the usual way. But I did mention that the story might be apocryphal.

and shiv was so exited at that moment he went to parvati for having intercourse(I am not saying SEX as SEX has totally different Meening altogether...)
and this so called GOD went after cutting Ganesh's head when Ganesh stopped him entering...

According to the version that I read, Shiva was stopped by Ganesha from entering the house. Intercourse at least wasn't mentioned. Well, anyway, it doesn't make a difference. I have also heard that Ganesh was formed partly by the dirt that came off Parvati when she was bathing.

and about Shiv ling being worshipped, only female can tell about that.........
Still its a fact that the base is a vagina.

Big-G
July 18th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Manchu is right. I am amazed not many of you knew this. The base of Shiva Linga is a vagina of GOddess Shakti (Parvati/Kali/Durga). The Shiv Ling, depicted in consummate union with the Yoni ( vulva ) of Shakti, is representative of the most wonderful and miraculous feature of life itself - Procreation..... the ability to reproduce its own kind. The most characteristic feature of life, the act of progenition is supposed to be sacred It is not only sex we are talking about here. It is the consummation of the vast and different energies of the male and female universal prerogative, of which the Shiv Ling in union is a symbol- celebrating the fact that humankind has two sexes, each with its unique attributes and qualities, and when they come together, they produce a synergy, they create MORE life, they become more than the sum of their individual parts. Many ancient civilisations recognized the wonder of this concept- including the Chinese, who represent it somewhat more abstractly in the symbol of Yin and Yang.

ManOfLaMancha
July 20th, 2001, 01:26 PM
From the www:

Another reason is based on a legend in the Skanda Purana. Attempting to prove his superiority, Brahma lied to Vishnu, while the ketaki flower stood false witness for him. For this, Brahma was cursed by Shiva that he would never be worshipped on earth, nor would the ketaki ever be offered in worship (see Jyotirlinga). And so it is, since time immemorial.

Another version from Skanda Purana from www in my words:
Once while Vishnu was resting, a lotus came out of his navel (a good choice of anatomy, if I may say :D ). Brahma was born from the flower and thought that he was the first-born. Later he & Vishnu started arguing about the "first-born" thing. Shiva was understandably angry and said that I am the first born but whoever sees the crown of my head will savour the privileges of first-born. Brahma tried scaling Shiva's body but was tired before he reached the top & lied to Shiva that he had seen Shiva's crown. Bas phir kya tha, Shiva ne ek GpeL de di Brahma ko aur tabse Brahma ki worship band. Aur Vishnu ki nikal padi

Apne devata bhi bahut chanchal hain! Kuch na kuch pange to karte hi rahte hain.

dhurandhar
November 21st, 2001, 01:01 PM
Who the hell says we do not worship Brahma, its just that his popularity rating is low because he used to give boons(grant wishes) to Asuras resulting in Vishnu/Shiva taking avatar to decimate them. For e.g the Asuras who created Tripura(famous tri cities with one on ground and two in air orbiting the earth, destroyed by Shiva hence Shiva is also called "Tripurari") worshipped Brahma and so did Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakaship and eventually Vishnu had to leave his "pleasures" and come to the hardship of earth to kill em.

Anyway, there are Two temples of Lord Brahma(and people do worship them, though not that often)
1)Pushkar, Rajasthan
2)Khedbrahma, Gujarat

RECKER
November 22nd, 2001, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by dhurandhar
Anyway, there are Two temples of Lord Brahma(and people do worship them, though not that often)
1)Pushkar, Rajasthan
2)Khedbrahma, Gujarat

That is what my Q is for the SO called GOD who created everything as per Hindu Mythology.........JUST TWO TEMPLEs........

dhurandhar
November 22nd, 2001, 11:58 AM
well, have you seen this picture where Brahma is born out of Vishnu's navel? He is Vishnu's son; that is son evolved out of "divine thought"(I wish I could do that and avoid being married:D ) Hence, it was Vishnu was probably lazy(like me) and he created Brahma to create the world. Since, thought of creation originated in Vishnu's mind...Brahma's role becomes more like Indra(the ruler of heaven) and you see Indra does not even have a temple(because Brahma created him).

An interesting analogy would be to ask you if you had to cough up a hefty bribe to get a job done, whom would you pay? peon or the guy who has executive powers?

RECKER
November 23rd, 2001, 08:43 AM
This is really a pragmatic evaluation of the situation..............

THANKS

Vishwakarman
November 29th, 2001, 05:31 AM
I think there is a reason why Brahma is not widely worshipped. I can t remember rightly off hand but, it is to do with a curse. Ill try and find out.

Also according to Vaishnav Hinduism Bhrahma is an empowered 'Jiva' (soul), not on par with Shiva or Vishnu. The supreme lord in unmanifest form is Brahman (not Brahma). Radha-Krishna is Brahmans perfect physical form. Maha Vishnu is an expansion of Krishna and Shiva a transformation of Vishnus energy.

Brahma is a 'jiva' in the same sense that you and me are a jiva, but he is a highly empowered and enlightened jiva (like an angel i suppose) Not an immediate expansion directly from god.

This ofcourse does not completley explain why Brahma isnt worshiped since Ganesh is also a Jiva and very popular. Surya is a Jiva and although has only a small following of devotees still has more than Brahma.

However Brahma is widley worshipped in Thailand. Although Thais are nominally Buddhist, their religion has strong Hindu influences. Many buddhist temples have shrines devoted to Hindu devas, Shiva, Ganesh, but Bhrama is the most popular (Phra Phrom is Brahma's thai name). The Erawan shrine is probably the most famous Brahma shrine in Thailand.

Also the Balinese worship Brahma in the Trimurti.

As far as Shiv ling is concerned it is symbolic of the phallus, but it is always with the 'yoni' . Its meaning is not mere sexual intercourse it is reflective of the creative power of the universe. Shiva is the destoyer, but by destoying allows for new creation.

krantikari
November 29th, 2001, 05:46 AM
Ok here goes...

The above answer by Vishwakarman is I strongly believe influenced by ISCKON. I am not certain though, only he can confirm it.

The religion we call Hinduism, is a superset of many faiths. When we talk of Vaishnavism (ISCKON is a form of Vaishnavism), Brahma is a post (as in position) rather than a jiva. Any jiva attaining that level of closeness to the supreme is elegible to become Brahma. Like all jivas, the jiva assuming the role of Brahma is tied by the laws of karma. At the end of kaliyuga, hte current Brahma is going to attain moksha and new Brahma is going to take his place. It is said that the new Brahma will be the current Vayu dev.

Vishwakarman
November 29th, 2001, 06:58 AM
Yes you are very right!

My family (although mixed Sikh and Vishwakarman Brahmin) are very stongly influenced by Iskon. It must have been the Radha-Krishna bit.

Gaurya-maths believe that the Vedas Bhagavad Gita describes Krishna as the 'Avtari' not Avtar of Vishnu. Avtari refers to being the source/origin of Avtars.

Vishwakarman
November 29th, 2001, 07:11 AM
I think the point about 'higher Jivas' or demi gods being influenced by Karma is the reason why Buddhism and Sikhism rejects worshipping them, although in practise many 'Buddhists and Sikhs' do worship them.

swami
December 3rd, 2013, 03:02 AM
my take ..

you worship what you fear. There is no fear from Brahma any more. He has done his job. The world is created. You are born. Therefore you worship the preserver (to make your life better) and destroyer (to let you live).
:up:
:rep:

GpeL
December 3rd, 2013, 03:57 AM
Well aparantly he lied once a harmless lie and shiva cursed him that he shall not be worshipped as a punishment.

The story is thus per mythology.. dunno if the thread has it already as I have a fever and my eyes are sorta watery and so cannot read it all now but so keep that repeat punishment for some other tme as if you come too close to met it out, you are gonna fall sick too.

Once shiva bramha and vishnu following an argument as to who is great, came to the climax of it.. then shiva sais who ever can find (see) my feet or head will be superior to me and extended himself bigger and bigger. And then after some time, he was so huge neither his head nor his legs were visible.mpw braj,a set out to find his head and vishnu to find his feet.. Brahma flew higher and higher and higher and there seemed to be no end of shiva.. and he saw a flower (tazya poo (kevada phool may be?) it is called in tamil) that having fallen off shiva's head coming down and convinced that flower to be his witness that he visited the head and brought the flower along.. and started back.. Meanwhile vishnu, after digging and digging could find no end of shiva that direction gave up and returned. Brahma told shiva he had seen the head and as evidence, brought the flower along.. vishnu as per the bet, agreed brahma was the greater god amoung the two of them and shiva came back to his normal size. He then told vishnu that brahma DID not find his head and cursed brahma for lie and the flower also for participation. Since then it is said brahma is not worshipped and that flower is not considered eligible for pujas.

Ok kids story time over.

Origmos
December 4th, 2013, 08:52 AM
In my opinion, I think Brahma is just a convenient invention of the Hindu triad which places more importance on the Sustainer and Destroyer in terms of functions alone.

As many people said it here, Brahma is quite an superficial entity in the scheme of things in the terms of creation aka a sentiment that since this universe exists so far, Brahma's duties as a creator has already ended and no longer relevant as a force of nature in the human scheme of things.

But again in my own opinion, I think the concept of Brahma has been misinterpreted constantly in all terms of human understanding.

In this sense, I think this Brahma is not a male, but instead a feminine force of creation that forms the bedrock of all further creations inside this universe. In this sense, there can exist only two valid expressions of divine avatars, the sustainer or the destroyer. Again it is very easy to see why Brahma has got disregarded in terms of humanity society that is obsessed in a very patriarchal sense.

The Savior or Sustainer is the Son of the Mother or the Feminine Divine Shakti. The sustainer or Savior seeks to preserve the current order of creation aka the Hierarchy. He acts on the basis of the force of Prakruti aka the basic intelligence process of this universe.

The Destroyer or the rejuvenator is the Son of the Father or the Masculine Divine Purush. He acts on his will and ego, the interpretation of life given to him by his experience of walking over a trial of fire. This Destroyer is a rejuvenator of creation aka he destroys the current Hierarchy so as to begin a new cycle of creation once again.

Again these two fundamental expressions are the two sides of the same coin, these two forces while dualistic in expression are nondual in terms of fundamental nature. You just cannot have one without the other.

Again these terms are simply in my opinion and we are free to debate them further so long the discussion is rational and not half assed understanding.

smellyfinger
December 4th, 2013, 08:57 AM
In my opinion, I think Brahma is just a convenient invention of the Hindu triad which places more importance on the Sustainer and Destroyer in terms of functions alone.

As many people said it here, Brahma is quite an superficial entity in the scheme of things in the terms of creation aka a sentiment that since this universe exists so far, Brahma's duties as a creator has already ended and no longer relevant as a force of nature in the human scheme of things.

But again in my own opinion, I think the concept of Brahma has been misinterpreted constantly in all terms of human understanding.

In this sense, I think this Brahma is not a male, but instead a feminine force of creation that forms the bedrock of all further creations inside this universe. In this sense, there can exist only two valid expressions of divine avatars, the sustainer or the destroyer. Again it is very easy to see why Brahma has got disregarded in terms of humanity society that is obsessed in a very patriarchal sense.

The Savior or Sustainer is the Son of the Mother or the Feminine Divine Shakti. The sustainer or Savior seeks to preserve the current order of creation aka the Hierarchy. He acts on the basis of the force of Prakruti aka the basic intelligence process of this universe.

The Destroyer or the rejuvenator is the Son of the Father or the Masculine Divine Purush. He acts on his will and ego, the interpretation of life given to him by his experience of walking over a trial of fire. This Destroyer is a rejuvenator of creation aka he destroys the current Hierarchy so as to begin a new cycle of creation once again.

Again these two fundamental expressions are the two sides of the same coin, these two forces while dualistic in expression are nondual in terms of fundamental nature. You just cannot have one without the other.

Again these terms are simply in my opinion and we are free to debate them further so long the discussion is rational and not half assed understanding.

Dude, you seriously need to get laid. :D

Hows the quest for the girlfriend/wife/partner going?

zyzzva
December 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Odo , Melly uncle keh rahein hain ki tumhay is samay ek chuddhay ki zaroorat hai.Unsay pooch lo kaisa kis type ka chuddha theek rahegaa.

Origmos
December 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Dude, you seriously need to get laid. :D

Hows the quest for the girlfriend/wife/partner going?

Plenty of fishes, but not desire getting caught in a net myself. :p

Now speaking of females, I fear I fell under my own sense of patriarchal influence and omitted the role of the Daughter of the Mother or Father in my last post.

Unlike the Son of the Mother, the Daughter of the Universal Mother is a destroyer. Her manifestation is the will of this universe to destroys its own malevolent and perverted creations within her body.

Again unlike the Son of the Father, the Daughter of the Universal Father is a sustainer or savior. Her manifestation is the paternal will of this universe to preserve his own influence upon this universe.

Again there is nothing preventing an Avatar from having more than one identity.

Origmos
December 4th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Odo , Melly uncle keh rahein hain ki tumhay is samay ek chuddhay ki zaroorat hai.Unsay pooch lo kaisa kis type ka chuddha theek rahegaa.

Love getting laid, bhaiya. But fearful of the martial trap. :smartass:

A married man always loses his freedom. I'm free to be an idiot and this is what I honor most in my life.

sgars
December 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM

A married man always loses his freedom. I'm free to be an idiot and this is what I honor most in my life.

Have you tried hanging around in places like Leather Bar. It is somewhere on Anna Salai. I have forgotten the hotel it was on.

sgars
December 4th, 2013, 12:01 PM
There is actually a temple of Brahma in Pushkar, Rajasthan.

Apart from Mythology, a practical explanation goes as. Once you are born, the creator's job is done. It is the other two of the trinity who are relevant now.

smellyfinger
December 4th, 2013, 12:59 PM

Kahekoo chutiya bana raha hai .. kuch 5-6 mahine pehle ro raha tha ki koi ladki tujhe dekhti nahin hai, tu bada nervous ho jaat hai .. bahut ro raha tha. Ladki ka naam bhi likha tha .. yahaan bataoon kya?

Ab posts delete kar ke romeo ban raha hai?? :smartass:

zyzzva
December 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Yep I remember reading how origmos was lamenting like a dickless hijRa high on testosterone wanting a chuddha but perplexed how and what to insert...saala chutyaa dhakkan laundo type ro rahaa thaa .....boo hoo hoo.....kyaa karoon kaisay karoon...baal safed ho gaye hain seal abhi tak nahin tooti...no bodyy notices I too have needs blah blah blah...taras aata hai aisay log pay jo life may ek laundyaa tak nahin pataa paatay....saala gali ka kutta bhee apnay liye ek se ek kutyaa dhoond letaa hai

GpeL
December 4th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Saale ye baat mere ko pahle nahi bataa saktaa thaa.. bichaare ki mai ne bekaar me le li..

Must be very difficult to find chicks when with his skeletonn like pimply and ugly face combined with a personality to match to get laid.. isi liye mere se marvaa rahaa thaa shaayad.. poor chap has only e-fukiing as recourse. Mere ko ab ganga snaan karna padenga.. ghor paap hai aise bicharon ko dukhi karna.. upar se aur mang riyaa thaa.. khar jaane de.. khel lene de. Kahin na kahin kaise na kaise to carnal desires satisfy kar leta hai.. phone sex bhi bahut mehanga hai.. 6 yaa 10 $ per minute.. saale ne 10 minute phone kiyaa to din bhar ki kamaai phittus.. hotel me jhaadu lagaane ka us se jyaada nahi na miltaa. upar se tip ship bhi nahi milta jab tak kisi ki ulti naa saaf karo.. oopar se desi restaurant.. sach mein yaar bichaaraa.. mera dil bahut dard kiyaa narci tere is thoughtlessness par. :(

Origmos
December 4th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Kya teeno shuru hogaye. Maine koi posts delete nahi kiya.

When I said, I didn't get ladies, it only means I didn't get them on my terms. Now I know all relationships are a give and take thing. But there are some limits beyond which I shall not venture myself like being stupid and committing to marriage. Marriage in India is now one serious business I cannot dare being idiot in.

Ladies like me, we hit it out, but they dump me once they realize that I don't want commitment. Once that happens I hit an emotional low until I find another women who puts up with me until the next round of layoff.

dhurandhar
December 4th, 2013, 05:42 PM

looks like you have been in marital trap previously and felt as stifling as martial trap:D

dhurandhar
December 4th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Kya teeno shuru hogaye. Maine koi posts delete nahi kiya.

When I said, I didn't get ladies, it only means I didn't get them on my terms. Now I know all relationships are a give and take thing. But there are some limits beyond which I shall not venture myself like being stupid and committing to marriage. Marriage in India is now one serious business I cannot dare being idiot in.

Ladies like me, we hit it out, but they dump me once they realize that I don't want commitment. Once that happens I hit an emotional low until I find another women who puts up with me until the next round of layoff.

In order to know the true reason for getting dumped you need to try all scenarios...for example, try pretending you are committed to see if they dump you or not. I betcha they'd dump you regardless of whether you be committed or not...this because a person can only be constipated for so long:D

Origmos
December 4th, 2013, 11:45 PM
In order to know the true reason for getting dumped you need to try all scenarios...for example, try pretending you are committed to see if they dump you or not. I betcha they'd dump you regardless of whether you be committed or not...this because a person can only be constipated for so long:D

Arre baba,

That would be the results of one experiment I would never want to dare find out. :rotfl:

LifeBuoy
December 13th, 2013, 08:00 AM
In South, we grew up hearing to this story - as to why Brahma is not worshipped.

A Saint named Bhrigu - Cursed Lord Brahma.

Story:

One day, Bhrigu Maharshi pays a visit to Brahma in Brahma Lokam. There Lord Brahma failed to notice Maharshi's arrival and was talking to Godess Saraswati. Mr Bhrigu got mighty offended, and cursed him (or both - Cant sure about this - both or just Lord Brahma), that You will not be worshipped. That is why Lord Brahma is not worshipped, we were told.

-------

After, this episode Bhrigu goes to Kailasam (Lord Shiva's abode). There Nandi stops him from entering as Lorrd Shiva and Godess Parvati were dancing. Bhrigu gets super offended again and curses Lord Shiva..."You will be worshipped only in Linga form" ...reason why there is no (or atleast not as many) Lord Shiva statues in temples down South.

-------

Now, he goes to Vaikuntham - Lord Vishnu's place. There, Lord Vishnu was restign while Godess Lakshmi pressed his legs and hence Lord Vishnu too failed to notice Maharshi's entry. Now, fuming with anger, Maharshi goes ahead and kicks Lord Vishnu on his chest. Lord Vishnu wakes up and says his sorries. tells him "Sorry, Your feet must be hurting, let me press them" ...now Bhrigu's ego is being satisfied. Vishnu finds a spot on the underside of Mahrshi's feet....where lies an "eye" .....and he presses that eye hard.....there by infaltign Maharshi's ego, arrogance, and anger.

-------

Now, tamed Maharshi realizes his mistake and praises Lord Vishnu for his qualities.

but on the other hand...Godess Lakshmi - gets angry at both of them.

on Maharshi - for kicking her Husband....and curses him - 'I will not enter Brahmins' homes. " ...later ofcourse tells..if they worship Lord Vishnu, her curse would not take into effect.

on Lord Vishnu - for allowing a person to kick him and that too at the place on his chest where Godess Lakshmi resides. That is now dirty'd by Maharshi's foot. And gets angry that Lord Vishnu instead chooses to massage Maharshi's legs and ego. So she leaves him and goes to settle in Bhoolokam (Earth).

That's when Lord Vishnu takes form of Lord Venkateshwara (Tirupathi), goes to Bhoolakm in search of Lakshmi (also called Padmavathi on Earth) and settles there.

smellyfinger
December 13th, 2013, 09:01 AM
In South, we grew up hearing to this story - as to why Brahma is not worshipped.

A Saint named Bhrigu - Cursed Lord Brahma.

Story:

One day, Bhrigu Maharshi pays a visit to Brahma in Brahma Lokam. There Lord Brahma failed to notice Maharshi's arrival and was talking to Godess Saraswati. Mr Bhrigu got mighty offended, and cursed him (or both - Cant sure about this - both or just Lord Brahma), that You will not be worshipped. That is why Lord Brahma is not worshipped, we were told.

-------

After, this episode Bhrigu goes to Kailasam (Lord Shiva's abode). There Nandi stops him from entering as Lorrd Shiva and Godess Parvati were dancing. Bhrigu gets super offended again and curses Lord Shiva..."You will be worshipped only in Linga form" ...reason why there is no (or atleast not as many) Lord Shiva statues in temples down South.

-------

Now, he goes to Vaikuntham - Lord Vishnu's place. There, Lord Vishnu was restign while Godess Lakshmi pressed his legs and hence Lord Vishnu too failed to notice Maharshi's entry. Now, fuming with anger, Maharshi goes ahead and kicks Lord Vishnu on his chest. Lord Vishnu wakes up and says his sorries. tells him "Sorry, Your feet must be hurting, let me press them" ...now Bhrigu's ego is being satisfied. Vishnu finds a spot on the underside of Mahrshi's feet....where lies an "eye" .....and he presses that eye hard.....there by infaltign Maharshi's ego, arrogance, and anger.

-------

Now, tamed Maharshi realizes his mistake and praises Lord Vishnu for his qualities.

but on the other hand...Godess Lakshmi - gets angry at both of them.

on Maharshi - for kicking her Husband....and curses him - 'I will not enter Brahmins' homes. " ...later ofcourse tells..if they worship Lord Vishnu, her curse would not take into effect.

on Lord Vishnu - for allowing a person to kick him and that too at the place on his chest where Godess Lakshmi resides. That is now dirty'd by Maharshi's foot. And gets angry that Lord Vishnu instead chooses to massage Maharshi's legs and ego. So she leaves him and goes to settle in Bhoolokam (Earth).

That's when Lord Vishnu takes form of Lord Venkateshwara (Tirupathi), goes to Bhoolakm in search of Lakshmi (also called Padmavathi on Earth) and settles there.

Nice!!! Also tell us what happened when Brigu visited the homes of Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, Spiderman and Thor.

LifeBuoy
December 13th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Nice!!! Also tell us what happened when Brigu visited the homes of Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, Spiderman and Thor.

He cursed them all left right center....ofcourse.

;)

GpeL
December 13th, 2013, 09:16 AM

Sorry in south.. gay porn is unheard of so tum hi sunaa do.. mai bhi sardaar hoon par south kaa hoon naaa. tum bato ek kahani.. south ka to do kahani chipak gaye.. ek haath me le.. tab ek haath me denaa!! kyaa?