PDA

View Full Version : You want a fresh smelling toilet bowl? Stop!! You might get cancer!!

echarcha
February 1st, 2005, 10:13 AM
Before you clean your toilet and use a deodarant to keep your big throne smelling fresh just stop and think if its worth it as you might be at risk for cancer!!

Read on -->

New Substances Added to Carcinogens List (http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/newswire/news2005/0205/020105-carcinogens.htm)

By Doug Patton
Talon News
February 1, 2005

The Department of Health and Human Services has added several new substances to its list of those the agency says cause cancer. In the 11th Edition of its Report on Carcinogens, HHS added 17 agents to a growing list of cancer-causing materials, bringing the total to 246.

For the first time ever, viruses such as hepatitis B and C, as well as some human papilloma viruses, which cause common sexually transmitted diseases, are listed in the report. Other new listings include lead and lead compounds, X-rays, compounds found in grilled meats, and a host of substances used in textile dyes, paints, and inks.

"Among U.S. residents, 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will develop cancer at some point in their lifetimes," said Kenneth Olden, Ph.D., director of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and the National Toxicology Program, which prepared the report for HHS. "Research shows that environmental factors trigger diseases like cancer, especially when someone has a family history."

The report lists cancer-causing agents in two categories: those "known to be human carcinogens" and those "reasonably anticipated to be human carcinogens." The report now contains 58 "known" and 188 "reasonably anticipated" listings.

Six substances have been added to the "known" category:

-- Hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) -- viruses that cause acute or chronic liver disease.

-- Human papillomaviruses (HPVs) -- viruses that are sexually transmitted and can infect genital and mucous membranes.

-- X-radiation and gamma-radiation are listed because human studies show that exposure to these kinds of radiation causes many types of cancer including leukemia and cancers of the thyroid, breast, and lung.

-- Neutrons cause genetic damage similar to that of X-radiation and gamma radiation, and thus can cause the same cancers. Neutron radiation is used less than other types of radiation in industry, medicine, and research. The general population is exposed to neutrons primarily from cosmic radiation that penetrates the earth's atmosphere.

Eleven substances have been added to the "reasonably anticipated" category:

-- Naphthalene -- a substance used as an intermediate in the synthesis of many industrial chemicals, and as an ingredient in some moth repellants and toilet bowl deodorants.

-- MeIQ, MeIQx, and PhIP -- heterocyclic amine compounds formed when meats and eggs are cooked or grilled at high temperatures. These compounds also are found in cigarette smoke.

-- Lead -- used to make lead-acid storage batteries, ammunition and cable coverings, in paint, glass and ceramics, fuel additives, and in some ethnic and ceremonial cosmetics.

-- Cobalt Sulfate -- used in electroplating, as coloring agents for ceramics and as drying agents in inks and paints.

-- Diazoaminobenzene -- a chemical used as an intermediate in the production of dyes and to promote adhesion of natural rubber to steel.

-- Nitrobenzene -- used mainly in the production of other industrial chemicals.

-- Dibromoanthraquinone -- a vat dye used in the textile industry.

-- Thiodianiline -- which has been used as an intermediate in the preparation of several kinds of dyes.

-- Nitromethane -- used in specialized fuels, explosives, and in the synthesis of pharmaceuticals and agricultural chemicals.

The National Toxicology Program is located at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. As a part of the National Institutes of Health, NIEHS looks at factors in the environment that may be harmful to human health.

The Report on Carcinogens, 11th Edition, is prepared by the National Toxicology Program, an interagency group coordinated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Federal law requires the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services to publish the report every two years.

The full report is available at the NTP website: http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov

TerminatorJR
February 1st, 2005, 11:01 AM
cha pai, humne pehle kabhi bhi toilet saaf karne se pehle toilet cleaner ( spray, liquid or bottle) ka contents/ingrediients padha hi nahi. abse dhyaan rakhnaa padhega.
chaayila, pehle to.......just spray it with cleaner , or pour liquid (blue color) , leave for 15 minutes and brush it, flush it.....simple. kaise kaise item nikaalte hai yahaan.

vyomkeshsaxena
February 1st, 2005, 11:25 AM
nonsense!!

even the clothes u wear....especially chaddi contains some 'hydrocarbon' derivatives in one form or the other ;).....does that mean u shud stop wearing them???

aur kharchu pai...ek baat bolo.....kaun bevkoof poore din bhar toilet mein baith kar baag-e-khaas ka lutf uthata hai....for me...keeping my bathroom clean and smelling good is just coz i dont want my GF or future wife to shout on me!! i think what mosquito repellants or aerosol sprays u use are more dangerous than this stuff :o

for ages....ur dadiji and mom have been keeping naphthalene balls in ur almarah to keep winter clothes etc free from getting spolied and in ur wash-basin to keep insects away...i dont think there have been any case of cancers coz of this...i mean common.....y do u 21st century geeks scare urself coz of such petty stuffs :smash:

vakil sahib
February 1st, 2005, 11:35 AM
:D better to smell nice and die early than to live long and smell like shit, i say.

echarcha
February 1st, 2005, 02:05 PM
Nahin yaar.. we expose our precious posteriori to the toilet seat which is cleaned with these products.. I dont want ass cancer :D

TerminatorJR
February 1st, 2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by echarcha
Nahin yaar.. we expose our precious posteriori to the toilet seat which is cleaned with these products.. I dont want ass cancer :D
HA HA ..:clap:
lmao

echarcha
February 1st, 2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by TerminatorJR
HA HA ..:clap:
lmao

Imagine your ass grows a extra appendage.. or as they call it "abnormal growth" :D and then someone froma distance might look at you and wonder if you have a "Lincoln Log" inside your pants but on the back side :clap:

deshpremi
February 1st, 2005, 05:04 PM
Pata nahin aapke yahan toilet kaise saaf karte hain...

Hamare yahan to toilet cleaner spray kar ke 10 minute ke baad toilet ko brush se saaf kar ke flush kar dete hain... so it gets washed away....

Another point, these cleaners are sprayed inside the toilet bowl, not on the seat. The seat is cleaned with a wet cloth, or if extra dirty, washed with water, then dried with paper towel... So I dont see the chance of any carcinogenic substance coming in contact with my rear.

More dangerous and carcinogenic is the cigarette smoke in pubs/ restaurants.

echarcha
February 1st, 2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by deshpremi
Pata nahin aapke yahan toilet kaise saaf karte hain...

Hamare yahan to toilet cleaner spray kar ke 10 minute ke baad toilet ko brush se saaf kar ke flush kar dete hain... so it gets washed away....

Another point, these cleaners are sprayed inside the toilet bowl, not on the seat. The seat is cleaned with a wet cloth, or if extra dirty, washed with water, then dried with paper towel... So I dont see the chance of any carcinogenic substance coming in contact with my rear.

More dangerous and carcinogenic is the cigarette smoke in pubs/ restaurants.

Arey toilet seat par bhi 'anti-bacterial' or germicidal marna padta hain. Its safer to clean it with cleaners. Offcourse these are then wiped dry with a paper towel and all that. However, since this topic is closer to the universal 'toilet/tatti/sandaaas' :D and thats why its funny to imagine what can happen!! :D :D

deshpremi
February 1st, 2005, 05:14 PM
mera dimaag aaj slow kaam kar raha hai, so I missed the humor...

anyway more info on the topic...

http://www.medword.com/Gastro/GastroPhoto/analCancer.html

deshpremi
February 1st, 2005, 05:16 PM
Yaar ek koi aya tha kuch din pehle, jisko ribbon jaisi tatti aati thi... bahut darr raha tha, kahin gand mein cancer to nahin....

Kahin wo aap hi to nahin the charcha bhai...

tantric_yogi
February 1st, 2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by echarcha

How do you guys dirty your toilets? Do you do it standing up?

Imagine your ass grows a extra appendage.. or as they call it "abnormal growth"

Jooth bolna paap ... Gandhi bole. Sachee sachee bol ... how many hours a day do you honestly truthfully spend on royal throne?

You remind me of story of a Maharajah. So as not to be disturbed during royal court meetings ... he cut a hole in his throne. He took care of his royal business while taking care of people's business.

Book is very old ... out of print ... collectors item! "The Maharajah", written by Diwan Jarmani Das, court adviser to many erstwhile Nawabs, Kings, Queens and Queers.

[/COLOR]

jk :D

echarcha
February 1st, 2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by deshpremi
Yaar ek koi aya tha kuch din pehle, jisko ribbon jaisi tatti aati thi... bahut darr raha tha, kahin gand mein cancer to nahin....

Kahin wo aap hi to nahin the charcha bhai...

Nahin yaar.. AAj tak mera haggu ekdum solid bade bade suasage ki tarah hota hain :D Sub uppar wale ki dua hain.. :D

Budmaas
February 2nd, 2005, 04:47 AM
one more POST ON TOILET from ECHARCHA .......... :mad: OMG ...... kya ho gaya hai ish insaan ko ........ :eek:

echarcha
February 2nd, 2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Budmaas
one more POST ON TOILET from ECHARCHA .......... :mad: OMG ...... kya ho gaya hai ish insaan ko ........ :eek:

Saala Bush ka naam lo to tum sab mere upar baraste ho.. Abhi kuch halka phullka bola to bhi tension??? ;) :D