PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys buy your green tea

landyaBhai
January 25th, 2005, 06:21 PM
I am looking for authentic chinese Green Tea leaves ... Has anybody tried getting it locally or from the Internet ...

Any pointers would be useful specially if they relate to the Internet or in and around Detroit-Windsor area

Thanks,
--LandYA :up:

DesiBaba
January 25th, 2005, 06:49 PM
try starbuckz..

DesiBaba
January 25th, 2005, 07:03 PM
sorry :p not tha leaves..only those :green tea & herbal infusion' tea bags r available there..

mah bad :p

best bet would be a chinese grocery store...no?

dhurandhar
January 25th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by landyaBhai
I am looking for authentic chinese Green Tea leaves ... Has anybody tried getting it locally or from the Internet ...

Any pointers would be useful specially if they relate to the Internet or in and around Detroit-Windsor area

Thanks,

ask your oriental colleague(s).....not the ones that try to emulate american ones by running around with a cup of coffee:D

else try meijer for lipton green tea or bigelow green tea.

I warn you that if you are accustomed to the "daal" tea (meaning tea and milk boiled together that is usually the one found on tea stalls in India)....you would not like the taste of green tea:D (overlook this one if you already are hooked to green tea)

deshpremi
January 25th, 2005, 11:44 PM
As far as my limited knowledge goes, Green Tea is a purely Japanese thing. Japanese drink Green Tea. Chinese on the other hand drink Oolong tea, which isnt green.

echarcha
January 26th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by landyaBhai

Thanks,

Arey bhai.. Apna ek khaas dost abhi Detroit.. ha shayad Windsor area, mein move hua hain.. he got a job there and.. hey you two could meet.

vakil sahib
January 26th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by deshpremi
As far as my limited knowledge goes, Green Tea is a purely Japanese thing. Japanese drink Green Tea. Chinese on the other hand drink Oolong tea, which isnt green.

true. and in my view they both taste like shit:D
landyabhai, stick to masala tea yaar. this slant eyed stuff is no good for the indian stomach;)

AmthaLal
January 26th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Killbhai, not true...

Some years back, I had green tea made in our pure Indian style masaalawaali back in India on our way to OOtey at a laari.

Was phenomenal. Just awsome, man.:up:

vakil sahib
January 26th, 2005, 10:51 AM
like with most things it must be a question of acquired taste, i think. but i have had green tea on only a few occasions and i thought that the flavour had not quite flowed out to the drink.

must buy some green darjeeling or ooty tea the next time i'm at the supermarket.

landyaBhai
January 26th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by echarcha
Arey bhai.. Apna ek khaas dost abhi Detroit.. ha shayad Windsor area, mein move hua hain.. he got a job there and.. hey you two could meet.

PM me ... I will get some time out and meet ...

landyaBhai
January 26th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by vakil sahib
true. and in my view they both taste like shit:D
landyabhai, stick to masala tea yaar. this slant eyed stuff is no good for the indian stomach;)

I havent yet acquired a taste for it ... One of my chinese colleagues got original green tea from China and I tried it ... It is ok ... It tastes like wate, a little bitter ...

I somehow think that a green tea will be of more help in my metabolistic activities :D rather than others ...

Actually, I am not addicted to any form of tea .... After coming to the US, I rarely get time to prepare tea ... Usually have it , when someone else prepares it for me ;)

There is a big "Asia Mart" around Detroi t, I will probably check that out and see ...