PDA

View Full Version : Today is 20 Th Aniversary of Bhopal Tragedy

JaiSpeaks
December 3rd, 2004, 12:39 PM
May Peace Prevail ..

nayasavera
December 3rd, 2004, 12:45 PM
May God bless the souls of those who died.

May God cure those who are still suffering.

Rooh kaaNp jaati hai yaar sirf sochne bhar se hi.

:(

vakil sahib
December 3rd, 2004, 02:33 PM
and may the perpetrators( top echelons of union carbide) and their collaborators( the corrupt indian officials) forever burn in hell. may they and their children suffer in eternity. this is my personal shraap to them:mad:

tantric_yogi
December 3rd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Belongs to Landyabhais' food for thought thread ...

What is the difference between Bhopalese citizen and parking meter?

If Union Carbide destroyed 25,000 parking meters they'd be in trouble.

Indian
December 3rd, 2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by vakil sahib
may they and their children suffer in eternity. this is my personal shraap to them:mad:

exclude the children ..vakil sahib

sad episode .. :(
i just hope this kind of accidents do not happen again

landyaBhai
December 3rd, 2004, 03:59 PM
I saw some gruesome photos of the victims ...It so sad ...

vakil sahib
December 4th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Indian
exclude the children ..vakil sahib

sad episode .. :(
i just hope this kind of accidents do not happen again

it is a truism that the sins of the father are visited upon the child. try as i might i cannot bring myself to forgive either union carbide or our own government.
imagine if this had happened in europe or america. the perpetrators would be jailed for life for manslaughter and the victims would have got millions each in compensation.
this is officially the worst industrial disaster in history. i read in a newspaper yesterday that the indian government accepted a much smaller sum of money than should have been accepted and signed a waiver absolving union carbide of all further responsibility. union carbide are laughing in our faces.

it then took the indian government over 20 years to dish the money out. most of the victims got about five hundred dollars compensation each. union carbide got away scott free and the indian government is made to look like a donkey.

no, i stand by my shraap in it's entirety:mad: