View Full Version : Anybdy tried laser treatment for eyes

aashoo
June 28th, 2004, 03:25 PM
please share ur experiences

is it safe

-A

landyaBhai
June 28th, 2004, 10:05 PM
I havent tried, but I am doubtful abt the Laser Process ... I mean there may still be some bleak chance that the operation may get screwed up ...

Even if the operation is successful, is it a 100% Permanent Solution ?

BTW I am happy with my look with glasses :p

tantric_yogi
June 28th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Ophthamology clinics mei challe jao and they are bound to inform you of any if any effects ... is that what you are worried of? I have never had the need but I hear its relatively safe. What you going in for ... corrective or something acute?

What do I know ... I bloody tire my arse off working in Sethji's seven eleven from 6 to 10 every night. Salla pareshaan ho gaya dukaan kholte aur shelves pe bread and soft drinks replace karte karte. bol bol ke thak gaye aap logan ko ji ... dilao humko koi achee see naukri ... hum bee jayenge yemerka. Yeh kya lipe hai hamari ... 1.50 ka bread and 1.79 ka soft drink can bechte hei. Humne sunna hai aap ke yemerika mei lipe top first class ka living conditions hai. Idar to bhaYa pareshaani hee pareshaani. Ghar jao to bijli ka bill, paani ka bill, kabhi tubelight out hai to kabhi salla kutte ko khansi. bhaYa bahut paresaani. Dilao naukri hum ko yemerika kei?

Aap kya work? Propesnal aap? bahut tankhah top class kee hoyengi? lasser kee kya jaroorat hum aap kee motor challaynge ji. Driving aat hum ko ji.

Challo ji ... hum jaat. Biwiji sandwich banake diya tifun ke andar. Hum lunch khayenge ji. Bye bye.

edit: Yeh lo ji ... salla lunch bee nahi kha sakte ji hum. Sethji se permison liya to bola lunch to daily khate ho aaj dinner hee kha lena?

Aap logan ka yemerika mei top lipe. Hum gpelbhai ka hilltop mansion ka photu dekha ji. Kya top class ka first class view hai ji. Netra behen with her family and few others echarchans went to his house and posted photus from his garden and fantastic views in the back. Hum jealous hua lekin phir sochha theek hai insaan achha aadmi hai to Khuda bee uska kadar kya karke maharbaan hoyenga ... aissa hamar vichhar.

Challo ji hum challe ... sethji aa gaye.

Aap ko bore to nahi hua na ji. Hamara company boring aissa sabh log ka vichhar. Aap ka vichhar?

Indian
June 29th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by aashoo
please share ur experiences

is it safe

-A

That is not exactly laser treatment from what i know. They call it
radial keratatomy (RK) / photo refractive keratatomy (PRK). Google maar tereku bahut information milega.
Lot of my family members got this done, especially those having very thick & heavy lenses. And all the results were HAPPY FACES. Kisiki shaadi ho gayi, kisi ki career ban gayi. :)

I recommend you to go for it, it is cheap. But please take an advice from opthamologist or doctor. It is just a few minutes of treatment and it is cheap.

rockandroll
June 29th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by aashoo
please share ur experiencesis it safe -A
One of my was friend thinking to get it, but when she went for a check up doctor told her she has to wait till her power stop increasing....it has to get stable to do the laser surgery. Yeah but I have heard great result, may be I will get it done next year :rolleyes:

GpeL
June 29th, 2004, 12:33 PM
I knew one person who had it done and was complaining about glare while driving in the night. Dunno if that is something temporary or they have found a solution to it.

I hear various terms.. Intra lasik, noblade laser and blah blah blah.. so do some research before letting someone play with your cornia with laser guns...

Me I still have 20/10 vision.. no probls at all.. :D :D

dawizard
July 20th, 2004, 08:37 AM
It's all good my man , go for it! May the force be with u!

Rahul
July 20th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by tantric_yogi
Ophthamology clinics mei challe jao and they are bound to inform you of any if any effects ... is that what you are worried of? I have never had the need but I hear its relatively safe. What you going in for ... corrective or something acute?

What do I know ... I bloody tire my arse off working in Sethji's seven eleven from 6 to 10 every night. Salla pareshaan ho gaya dukaan kholte aur shelves pe bread and soft drinks replace karte karte. bol bol ke thak gaye aap logan ko ji ... dilao humko koi achee see naukri ... hum bee jayenge yemerka. Yeh kya lipe hai hamari ... 1.50 ka bread and 1.79 ka soft drink can bechte hei. Humne sunna hai aap ke yemerika mei lipe top first class ka living conditions hai. Idar to bhaYa pareshaani hee pareshaani. Ghar jao to bijli ka bill, paani ka bill, kabhi tubelight out hai to kabhi salla kutte ko khansi. bhaYa bahut paresaani. Dilao naukri hum ko yemerika kei?

Aap kya work? Propesnal aap? bahut tankhah top class kee hoyengi? lasser kee kya jaroorat hum aap kee motor challaynge ji. Driving aat hum ko ji.

Challo ji ... hum jaat. Biwiji sandwich banake diya tifun ke andar. Hum lunch khayenge ji. Bye bye.

edit: Yeh lo ji ... salla lunch bee nahi kha sakte ji hum. Sethji se permison liya to bola lunch to daily khate ho aaj dinner hee kha lena?

Aap logan ka yemerika mei top lipe. Hum gpelbhai ka hilltop mansion ka photu dekha ji. Kya top class ka first class view hai ji. Netra behen with her family and few others echarchans went to his house and posted photus from his garden and fantastic views in the back. Hum jealous hua lekin phir sochha theek hai insaan achha aadmi hai to Khuda bee uska kadar kya karke maharbaan hoyenga ... aissa hamar vichhar.

Aap ko bore to nahi hua na ji. Hamara company boring aissa sabh log ka vichhar. Aap ka vichhar?

yaar tantu pai bhi kabhi kabhi bhang khakey likhtey hain, waise tantu pai yeh 711 NZ main bhi hota hain kya :confused:

vyomkeshsaxena
July 21st, 2004, 05:39 AM
i think itz called LASIK surgery.....

itz a very safe procedure...as they say....but one of the person i knew had a horrible xperience with it and nearly lost his eyesight..ofcourse his case was of diabetic retinopathy wherein the blood vessels in eyes get jammed due to high level of sugar coz diabetes....

anyways...if u have a gud opthamologist..then go for it..itz painless n is a permannent solution..well almost!!

r u not comfortable with contact lenses?? i wear one coz i dont like to wear glasses :)

what number glasses/contacts do u wear??

vyomkeshsaxena
July 21st, 2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by landyaBhai
I havent tried, but I am doubtful abt the Laser Process ... I mean there may still be some bleak chance that the operation may get screwed up ...

Even if the operation is successful, is it a 100% Permanent Solution ?

BTW I am happy with my look with glasses :p

with 4 experiences....my inference is...dont go for a surgery unless itz a life-threatening situation...something or the other gets screwed up :mad:

Qn_of_sunshine
July 21st, 2004, 05:57 AM
I've heard that its not recommended for near sighted people. Because as you get older, your eyesight will decrease and you'll have to go back for vision correction again.

rationalthinker
July 21st, 2004, 07:28 PM
I read that you get to see a BLUE edge or halo at the rim or border of your viewing range.
moreover, we guys don't think twice before RUBBING our eyes when we feel like scratching or whatever. This lasik thing manipulates the curvature of the cornea,which means it gets thinner in some parts. Just enquiore about this too.

samir_brd
July 1st, 2009, 05:25 AM
I had a -4 error. I was wearing glasses since I was 9, and my number was steady for a number of years. I had no blade lasik (http://www.drrupalshahlasik.com/) done by Dr. Rupal Shah, who practices in both Mumbai (http://www.lasersformedicine.com/)and Vadodara, and I am wondering why I waited so long. In one day, I was back in the office, and it has now been 4 months, and I have not had any problems at all.

I recommend blade free lasik (http://www.newvisionfemtosecondlasikindia.com/) to everyone.

tantric_yogi
July 1st, 2009, 06:25 AM
I had a -4 error. I was wearing glasses since I was 9, and my number was steady for a number of years. I had no blade lasik (http://www.drrupalshahlasik.com/) done by Dr. Rupal Shah, who practices in both Mumbai (http://www.lasersformedicine.com/)and Vadodara, and I am wondering why I waited so long. In one day, I was back in the office, and it has now been 4 months, and I have not had any problems at all.

I recommend blade free lasik (http://www.newvisionfemtosecondlasikindia.com/) to everyone.

:dontknow:

You must be a nice person to have replied after 5 years ... jug jug jiyo ji.

Are you Dr. Rupal Shah? Ashdocji ... meet Dr. Rupal Shah. Rupal meet our doctor sahib.

tantric_yogi
July 1st, 2009, 06:30 AM

Useless crowd ... naukri to chodo ... fiance visa nahee beja ... nalayak Amtha promised during our sojourn in Romeoville ... but even he seem to be having second thoughts now.

I am not getting any younger. My biological clock is running like taxi meter.

ashdoc
July 1st, 2009, 07:40 AM
:dontknow:

Are you Dr. Rupal Shah? Ashdocji ... meet Dr. Rupal Shah. Rupal meet our doctor sahib.

thanx for introducing us tantuji ....are you unmarried ,doctor?.....well ,i am.

see my photos too....they are posted on my profile in my album ( me myself and myself)...see them and tell me what you think of them...:D

Sane Less
July 1st, 2009, 07:51 AM

see my photos too....they are posted on my profile in my album ( me myself and myself)...see them and tell me what you think of them...:D
It is Rupal... not Rupali, Ashduke pai... itna uchchal ne ka jaroorat nahi hai (ladki dikha ki nahi bas photo photo shuru ho jaatey hai)... unless... unless... you belong to that minority which may become extinct if some archaic law in India is not repealed:D

razzrhino
July 1st, 2009, 08:25 AM
It is Rupal... not Rupali, Ashduke pai...

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/images/icons/icon3.gifaaah now i get it.. didn't shiney aguja get married to someone called 'Anupam... naat Anupama??' no wonder the poor sod had to go postal aan the maid's ass..

sarv_shaktimaan
July 1st, 2009, 08:27 AM
I don't think Lasik is very reliable all the time. My ex-boss got his eyes done about a year back as he was getting it for free (about 3 grand covered by his health plan)... For a few days he was to get used to orienting his eyes... then everything was supposed to be crystal clear but as it turns out he is still wearing glasses... I know of some people who post-Lasik don't have to wear glasses at all now but some still have to wear a reduced number...

I am thinking of getting mine done sometime... I'll have to look into the cost aspect... I definitely wont go under the laser in US... bachpan mein on Diwali day I fodofied a cracker near my eyes... since then wearing contacts and glasses... :(

Napolean
July 1st, 2009, 08:45 AM
bachpan mein on Diwali day I fodofied a cracker near my eyes... since then wearing contacts and glasses... :(

Sorry to hear that,Shakti.
Two of my friends did Lasik and both went to India to get that done.
Both of them are quite happy with the way things have turned up for them.One of them told me that you shld take the opinion of US doctors to see if your eyes are ready for Lasik.If yes,then go to India and get it done.
According to him,Indian doctors will always perform Lasik if you go to them regardless of whether eyes are fit or not.

ashdoc
July 1st, 2009, 09:23 AM
It is Rupal...

toh kya hua , Rupal gujju logon me ladki ka naam rehta hai .....hai naa ?.....at least aisa mujhe lagta hai.

yeh ashdoc dhokla , undiyo , khakra aur thepla khaane ko tayyar hai....zindagi bhar....:D

Sane Less
July 1st, 2009, 12:51 PM
toh kya hua , Rupal gujju logon me ladki ka naam rehta hai .....hai naa ?.....at least aisa mujhe lagta hai.

yeh ashdoc dhokla , undiyo , khakra aur thepla khaane ko tayyar hai....zindagi bhar....:D

Gujju girls... hmmmm.... out of this world... yes Ashduke pai, go for it... I would love a gujju bhabhi;)

No disrespect to all married gujju echans:angel:

sarv_shaktimaan
July 1st, 2009, 01:37 PM
Sorry to hear that,Shakti.
Two of my friends did Lasik and both went to India to get that done.
Both of them are quite happy with the way things have turned up for them.One of them told me that you shld take the opinion of US doctors to see if your eyes are ready for Lasik.If yes,then go to India and get it done.
According to him,Indian doctors will always perform Lasik if you go to them regardless of whether eyes are fit or not.
Thanks for letting me know... :)

tantric_yogi
July 1st, 2009, 04:35 PM

Please convey to her our best regards. She doesn't look more than 23/24 from her looks ... (http://www.drrupalshahlasik.com/)what a delightful young lady. Nice ... very nice. Good too. Ashdocji ... she doesn't look like a married woman ... not from the photo. Go for it, you lucky man. No dry khakras here ... pure butter paratta.

:) Dr. Rupalji ... you are such a delight to sore eyes of this old man ... god bless you. Please spread your happiness.

Shaktimanbhai ... you go to India for treatment not cause they are better but because Indian doctors are experienced. Experience is all that matters really. Good luck. Say hello to Dr. Rupal when in India. Don't forget to mention this site for special discount.

Napolean
July 1st, 2009, 05:00 PM
you go to India for treatment not cause they are better but because Indian doctors are experienced. Experience is all that matters really.

I agree(see my sig).

ashdoc
July 1st, 2009, 06:17 PM
Please convey to her our best regards. She doesn't look more than 23/24 from her looks ... (http://www.drrupalshahlasik.com/)what a delightful young lady. Nice ... very nice. Good too. Ashdocji ... she doesn't look like a married woman ... not from the photo. Go for it, you lucky man. No dry khakras here ... pure butter paratta.

:) Dr. Rupalji ... you are such a delight to sore eyes of this old man ... god bless you. Please spread your happiness.

Good luck. Say hello to Dr. Rupal when in India.

Hey , DR Rupal, dont get floored by tantujis charm !.......he's a married man....:D

tantuji , dont turn your charm on this one ,puhleeeees...........

give us unmarried ones a chance.....:D

yeah ,we dont have your kind of ' experience ', but given time we will learn too.....;)

and yeah , I dont have your kind of charm ...but I am not a bad guy to know , you know.....:)

and DONT maintain contact with tantuji, with him around the competition ( like myself ) just melts away.......:p

AmthaLal
July 1st, 2009, 06:58 PM
My childhood buddy and my brother got this done in India, and both are happy.

For me....fukk that. I will never ever let anyone mess with my eyes. Neither I will allow my kids or wife. Its very common procedure these days, so what? I don't mind wearing glasses. I don't prefer contacts either.

Show me one Ophthalmologist OR Optometrist with Lasik treatment done on them. (ofcourse not him/herself)

ashdoc
July 1st, 2009, 07:22 PM
Shaktimanbhai ... Good luck. Say hello to Dr. Rupal when in India.

kyun competition badha rahe ho tantuji.....:D

echarcha
July 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
This post by Dr Rupal Shah promoter is nothing but a spam-link whore's job. Anyway, since it has provided so much entertainment, I say let it be there.

ashdoc
July 2nd, 2009, 01:23 AM
This post by Dr Rupal Shah promoter is nothing but a spam-link whore's job.

kya sutradharji...aap ne mere sab sapne chur chur kar diye ....

shaadi ke ...naachne gaane ke ...shehnai ke....

phir shaadi ke baad undiyo , khakra,dhokla aur thepla khane ke.....:D

main aapko bhi shaadi ko bulane ka soch raha tha...

usi bahane hum mumbai ghum sakte thhey .....

oval maidan ka pas ke sanjay gandhi sauchalaya ka photu nikaal sakte thhey echarcha par lagane ke liye...

of course pehle sauchalaya me peeing aur crapping karne ke baad...

yaani peeing mai aur crapping aap ( mai jaanta hun aap wohi karenge )...;)

lekin lagta hai aap apne hometown aana nahi chahte...

theek hai baitho amrika me....

swami
July 2nd, 2009, 01:26 AM
AshDoc,lagta hai aajkal tu bhaang leta hai :D kyuki kuch dino se tu behki behki baate kar raha hai :D
kya sutradharji...aap ne mere sab sapne chur chur kar diye ....

shaadi ke ...naachne gaane ke ...shehnai ke....

phir shaadi ke baad undiyo , khakra,dhokla aur thepla khane ke.....:D

main aapko bhi shaadi ko bulane ka soch raha tha...

usi bahane hum mumbai ghum sakte thhey .....

oval maidan ka pas ke sanjay gandhi sauchalaya ka photu nikaal sakte thhey echarcha par lagane ke liye...

of course pehle sauchalaya me peeing aur crapping karne ke baad...

yaani peeing mai aur crapping aap ( mai jaanta hun aap wohi karenge )...;)

lekin lagta hai aap apne hometown aana nahi chahte...

theek hai baitho amrika me....

ashdoc
July 2nd, 2009, 01:34 AM
AshDoc,lagta hai aajkal tu bhaang leta hai :D kyuki kuch dino se tu behki behki baate kar raha hai :D

arey bandra sealink ke thread me sutradharji ne ichha prakat ki hai ki unko oval maidan ke pass ke '' sanjay gandhi sulabh sauchalaya ''ka photo chahiye echarcha par lagane ke liye.

uski mai baat kar raha tha.

yeh dekh----

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showpost.php?p=432352&postcount=13

swami
July 2nd, 2009, 04:09 AM
tumlog thread derail karte hai to kuch nahi par mai jara sa kuch bolta hu to Amtha homo banne ko taiyaar ho jata hai meri G-marne ke liye :D
arey bandra sealink ke thread me sutradharji ne ichha prakat ki hai ki unko oval maidan ke pass ke '' sanjay gandhi sulabh sauchalaya ''ka photo chahiye echarcha par lagane ke liye.

uski mai baat kar raha tha.

yeh dekh----

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showpost.php?p=432352&postcount=13

chitrala
July 2nd, 2009, 05:14 AM
tumlog thread derail karte hai to kuch nahi par mai jara sa kuch bolta hu to Amtha homo banne ko taiyaar ho jata hai meri G-marne ke liye :D
oh no... not again...:D
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/coffee%2520spill.jpg

ashdoc
July 2nd, 2009, 05:54 AM

khud ke attractiveness ka publicity kar raha hai taaki homo logon ko pata chale.....

ab baad me kya boli lagayega khud ki......:D

ashdoc
July 2nd, 2009, 05:58 AM
This post by Dr Rupal Shah promoter is nothing but a spam-link whore's job.

abe swami , sutradharji ne yeh bolne ke baad toh derail karne ka licence hee mil gaya na apun ko......

ashdoc
July 2nd, 2009, 06:00 AM
Anyway, since it has provided so much entertainment, I say let it be there.

lekin swami , sutradharji ne dekh aage kya bola hai. toh enjoy kar naa....

DesiBaba
October 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM
FDA Launches Investigation of LASIK Eye Surgery Problems

The Food and Drug Administration announced plans Thursday to study the scope of problems connected with laser eye-correcting surgery, which include blurred vision and dry eyes.

The FDA says it will work with the National Eye Institute and the Department of Defense to determine the percentage of patients who experience negative side effects following surgery.

The first phase of the project is already under way, with plans for an online questionnaire to help patients gauge their quality of life following surgery, according to an FDA statement.

The project will also include a clinical trial tracking patients who undergo the procedure, which is expected to conclude by 2012.

"This study will enhance our understanding of the risks of Lasik and could lead to a reduction in patients who experience adverse effects," said Dr. Jeffrey Shuren, the acting head of FDA's medical device division.

An estimated 6 million Americans have undergone Lasik surgery, which permanently reshapes the cornea, a clear layer covering the eye. There are no guarantees of 20/20 vision and the long-term safety of the procedure is still unknown.

Ophthalmology societies report that about 95 percent of patients are satisfied with their new vision.

But a small number of patients have reported permanent damage to their eyes following the surgery, including double vision, dry eye and halos around objects at night.

The FDA agreed to look into the problems in 2008 after years of complaints. The agency said last summer it received 140 reports of Lasik-related problems between 1998 and 2006.

Lasik procedures have fallen off in the past year as consumers cut back on the pricey surgeries, which can cost between $1,500 and $5,000

Makers of Lasik lasers include Advanced Medical Optics Inc., Alcon Inc., and Bausch and Lomb.

Also on Thursday, the FDA announced warning letters sent to 17 Lasik surgery centers for inadequate adverse event reporting procedures. Regulators periodically send letters to facilities that don't follow federal guidelines for reporting patient complaints.

"The inspections did not identify problems with the use of the Lasik devices at these facilities," the FDA stated.

More inspections of Lasik centers are planned in coming months, according to the FDA release.

Link (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/15/ap/health/main5387421.shtml)

chacha
October 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM
aankhon ke saath ungli nahie karneka boss. i'd rather wear a soda glass than khelo 'black black' :D

1ktFERLDeDU

echarcha
October 29th, 2009, 04:58 PM
My optometrist had suggested lasik though I have a very low powered set of glasses. She was trying to almost push me to do it. I flatly refused. No, I am happy with glasses. I dont even try contact lenses.

sprite
October 29th, 2009, 09:14 PM
recently I got my eyes tested and my eye power has increased :(

if its constant for next 6 months then I will go for contact lenses...they are better than glasses on any day + I can change the color of my eyes too :D :D

chacha
October 30th, 2009, 08:31 AM
recently I got my eyes tested and my eye power has increased :(

if its constant for next 6 months then I will go for contact lenses...they are better than glasses on any day + I can change the color of my eyes too :D :D
tried contact lenses for 6 months or so. got tired of the whole mess, especially after a party or early morning travel. hated it when i used to forget the lens solution while traveling. finally, wifey got me a cool pair of versace glasses. been happy since then :) now people ask me why am I not wearing glasses when I accidentally forget them at my desk :D

AmthaLal
October 30th, 2009, 10:37 AM

Jooth mat bol daangdhar.:whacky:

Kidhar hai photu?:smartass:

aaaj75
October 30th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Edited. was replying to some other thread.

dirty
October 30th, 2009, 05:30 PM
This post by Dr Rupal Shah promoter is nothing but a spam-link whore's job. Anyway, since it has provided so much entertainment, I say let it be there.

How dare you!!:nono::mad:

Dont call her a hore . She is respected lady doctor. :clap:

raniraja
November 1st, 2009, 02:36 AM
How dare you!!:nono::mad:

Dont call her a hore . She is respected lady doctor. :clap:
Haan na, achhi bhali daktar ko mujrewali bana kar rakh diya.. aisa hi haal rahega to ek din ashdoc ko bhi..........:rotfl:

AmthaLal
November 1st, 2009, 08:25 AM
yeh le.......

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/album.php?albumid=28

Haan na, achhi bhali daktar ko mujrewali bana kar rakh diya.. aisa hi haal rahega to ek din ashdoc ko bhi..........:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Daagtar......lagneki suru ho gayi teri.....Photu badal daal.:D