PDA

View Full Version : fake ebay letter i got now

loverboy260
November 3rd, 2003, 09:49 PM
THIS IS THE LETTER with ebay logo at the top. anyone who seriously thinks that this is a VALID ebay letter deserves to be scammed!!!!
how can anyone even think this will fool some intelligent folks (like me :) ) this is a very half baked attempt by an employee on ebay as the email address i got this was from customersupport@ebay.com. i emailed ebay, and tripod too. and i would URGE you to go to the link below and type in loads of shite just to spite the person as he will have to work through loads of "spam" as it were. makes his life difficult while ebay track him down! (i went to the link and just entered gobledegook, and if u put ur pass, and confirm pass as different, it still lets u carry on, and it even asks for ur EMAIL pass, wtf has that got to do with EBAY :confused:

We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your eBay account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to belive that your account was hijacked by a third party without your authorization.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling,the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you.However,if you are the rightfull holder of the account, click on the link below,fill the form and then submit as we try to verify your identity.

http://verify-info.tripod.com/update-verify/eBay-Security-Measures-SSL.html

If you choose to ignore our request,you leave us no choise but to temporaly suspend
your account.

*Please do not respond to this e-mail as your reply will not be received.

Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
eBay Inc.

vipul
November 4th, 2003, 07:46 AM
teri life mei bhi bohot problems hai yaar :D

echarcha
November 4th, 2003, 09:48 AM
when you saw that the URL mentioned in the email was not ebay, but tripod.

loverboy260
November 4th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by echarcha
when you saw that the URL mentioned in the email was not ebay, but tripod.

the format of the letter was enough to make me realise its not ebay, and when i saw the URL, that made me laugh even more
anyway ONE UPDATE:
Lycos who operate tripod have taken the page off as a result of MY email to them, and i feel so good :)