PDA

View Full Version : How to print a pdf file

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 11:38 AM
Gurus, please help

I got few database manual in pdf format with disabled printing option (the printer icon on the toolbar is disabled), do any of you know the way to print out from this kind of pdf files.

Thanks in advance.

BlrBoy
September 23rd, 2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Rahul
Gurus, please help

I got few database manual in pdf format with disabled printing option (the printer icon on the toolbar is disabled), do any of you know the way to print out from this kind of pdf files.

Thanks in advance.

See if u can copy text and past it in MS Word and print.. there will be a T icon u have to click that first inorder to select the text

Diplomat
September 23rd, 2003, 11:47 AM
try this
http://www.pdfcreation.com/

convert your pdf file into Word / RTF and print it!!!

echarcha
September 23rd, 2003, 11:49 AM
across a protected pdf file which did not allow printing nor selection of text.

Do one thing. Try opening the PDF file in Acrobat Reader version 5.0 because 6.0 has so many new security features etc.

Also the method mentiond by BlrBoy should work. Try selecting the text and copy-paste into Word. This will allow you to print. But if they have disabled the 'Select Text' feature then you are screwed.

One more thing you could check is by selecting File-->Document Properties menu item which will tell you what is allowed in the file and what is not.

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by echarcha
across a protected pdf file which did not allow printing nor selection of text.

Do one thing. Try opening the PDF file in Acrobat Reader version 5.0 because 6.0 has so many new security features etc.

Also the method mentiond by BlrBoy should work. Try selecting the text and copy-paste into Word. This will allow you to print. But if they have disabled the 'Select Text' feature then you are screwed.

One more thing you could check is by selecting File-->Document Properties menu item which will tell you what is allowed in the file and what is not.

thanks for reply blrboy and cha pai

No I cant select the text, no option, so no question of cut n paste.

Looking for some free tool on net, which will convert this pdf with picture to HTML or word, so I can print out, will try diplu option

desichacha
September 23rd, 2003, 12:12 PM
Hi Rahul,

If you have linux installed somewhere

just run two commands

pdf2ps your_pdf_file_name.pdf your_ps_file_name.ps

ps2pdf your_ps_file_name.ps your_new_pdf_file_name.pdf

you have new pdf with no restrictions.

go ahead print and read .....

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by desichacha
Hi Rahul,

If you have linux installed somewhere

No Linux :cry: :cry:

JaiSpeaks
September 23rd, 2003, 12:23 PM
Agar document confidential nahi hai to bhej de ..

try karke dekhta hoon ..

desichacha
September 23rd, 2003, 12:23 PM
bahut bada file hai kya...
nahi hai to kisi site par upload karke login/password bhej do (PM)

main sham ko ghar se karke bhej dega...

isme ansoo kya bahane :)

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 12:33 PM
bahut bada file hai kya...
nahi hai to kisi site par upload karke login/password bhej do (PM)

main sham ko ghar se karke bhej dega...

isme ansoo kya bahane :)

Mil gaya office me ek linux machine, try bhi kiya, while doing pdf2ps error diya bolta hey files has unknow security, can not be converted.

4 mb ka file hey

desichacha
September 23rd, 2003, 12:38 PM
hi rahul

tell me pdf2ps error
and lso pdf2ps verion and linux verion

GpeL
September 23rd, 2003, 12:38 PM
Mil gaya office me ek linux machine, try bhi kiya, while doing pdf2ps error diya bolta hey files has unknow security, can not be converted.

4 mb ka file hey

Prinout kahe chahiye?

Daud ke best buy jaa.. 50$ ki usb microdisk khareed aur us me store kar ke rakh. I got myself a microdisk 256 mb for like 50$ or so (fuji) that I can put in my poket like a pen. Paper bachao aur trees ko bhi bachao.

dhurandhar
September 23rd, 2003, 12:41 PM
go to file
save as
select *.rtf option from within the list
should work

I think this is what diplo said:D

if this doesn't work

file
document security
see if you can play around that

good luck hoolpai:D

desichacha
September 23rd, 2003, 12:42 PM
rahul.

pdf2 ... kafi sari options hain linux par
pdf to text
pdf to html wagera

baki bhi try karke dekho..

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 12:44 PM
hi rahul

tell me pdf2ps error
and lso pdf2ps verion and linux verion

actually this guy has cnygunix utilities, this company sells all the linux/unix compatible utility to windows, so he try to do it on his windows2000 machine.

Okay here is document security statistics from this pdf

Security method FileLock
Open Password : yes
Security Password : yes
Printing : not allowed
Changing docuemnt : not allowed
selecting text and graphics : not allowed
adding or changing : not allowed

dhurandhar
September 23rd, 2003, 12:46 PM
hool pai

did you try what I said?:D:D

desichacha
September 23rd, 2003, 12:48 PM
rahul...
u try otherwise upload at some place and let me know..

I will try my best tonight

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by dhurandhar
hool pai

did you try what I said?:D:D

:D:D

Jo bhenkaL0da printing option nahi dega, do you think wo kamina save as option dega, nahi hey try maara

Cant share much details abt the document, sorry for that, nahi yeh pondi wala pdf nahi hey :D

dhurandhar
September 23rd, 2003, 12:51 PM
to wapas lauta de file ko us bhenkelode ke paas...:D:D

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by dhurandhar
to wapas lauta de file ko us bhenkelode ke paas...:D:D

Nahi bhai kaam apna hey, I need that, I need few pages of this pdf to printed out :shoot:

GpeL
September 23rd, 2003, 12:57 PM
Print out hi chahiye naa..

Theek hai type out the pages you need on to word and then print them. :rolleyes:

Abe!! bolriyaa hoon naa agar ghar le kar jaani hai to microdisk le kar copy kar le!!

DesiBaba
September 23rd, 2003, 01:01 PM
when i wuz in school,i used to convert tha pdf files to postscript files and then access them..i dont rememba tha procedure now though :p

hool pai shaayad yeh kaam aaye:

How to make a PDF file accessible

Adobe Acrobat 5.0 software provides a number of capabilities that improve access for disabled users. However, for the lower versions of Acrobat Reader, or for those visually disabled users whose screen reader software is not compatible with Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0, Adobe System Inc. also provides online tools to convert Adobe PDF documents into HTML, which can then be read by a number of common screen reading programs that synthesize text as audible speech.

To convert PDF document into HTML files, you can either

Go to Adobe PDF Conversion by Simple Form, enter a URL of any online PDF document to the electronic form, then hit return. The PDF document will be converted to HTML, and return to your browser immediately.
Or, you can simply type:
http://access.adobe.com/perl/convertPDF.pl?hrl=+ the url of your PDF document as the web address.
For example, if you want to convert the PDF document at http://www.dir.state.tx.us/standards/S761.pdf into HTML file, you may type:
http://access.adobe.com/perl/convertPDF.pl?hrl= http://www.dir.state.tx.us/standards/S761.pdf as the Web address.

For more advanced information, please go to http://access.adobe.com/adv_form.html

GpeL
September 23rd, 2003, 01:04 PM
Yaar opensource jaa ke pdf viewers ka source code le kar aa.
Us me look for code like this

// check for print permission
if (!doc->okToPrint()) {
error(-1, "Printing this document is not allowed.");
goto err1;
}

You can do the same thing with the source for PDFTOPS ka source code.

GpeL
September 23rd, 2003, 01:07 PM
Ofcourse looking for code alone wont help.
You have to comment out that block and then recompile. Then the new executable should work.

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by GpeL
Ofcourse looking for code alone wont help.
You have to comment out that block and then recompile. Then the new executable should work.

bhailogo bola na document property bolta hey Open document : password, security password :yes

Desibaba, seems like your option may work, lekin yaar what if document is not a web address, rather I have pdf file in my hard disk, bhai bachcha samjh sakey us language me bata

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DesiBaba

For more advanced information, please go to http://access.adobe.com/adv_form.html

If you go to this form, end of it, its says password required if its protected :mad:, penchod password hota to web per hazar tools pade hey fokat me convert karney ko

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 01:19 PM
Print out hi chahiye naa..

Theek hai type out the pages you need on to word and then print them. :rolleyes:

Abe!! bolriyaa hoon naa agar ghar le kar jaani hai to microdisk le kar copy kar le!!

Ctrl+c aur ctrl+v se docuemnt word me aa jayega, lekin yaar 80-90 pages is tarah se karunga, aur fir penchod 4 books hey 600 pages ki unmey se chahiye 200 pages

GpeL
September 23rd, 2003, 01:23 PM
bhailogo bola na document property bolta hey Open document : password, security password :yes

Desibaba, seems like your option may work, lekin yaar what if document is not a web address, rather I have pdf file in my hard disk, bhai bachcha samjh sakey us language me bata

Oy tu open kar saktaa hai ki nahi document ko? Dude, non printing is up to the viewer not the pdf file itself. Basically it means the document "requests" the s/w to not print and the s/w agrees to that request.

That means if you can get your hand on the source of xpdf , or any other viewer, all you have to do is look for the code snipped I gave above, comment it and recompile it. Now you will be able to print the document.

Kyaa locha hai.. bola linux hai.. us me source hoinga na re!!!!!!! :confused:

GpeL
September 23rd, 2003, 01:24 PM
Ye try kar!!

http://www.searchlores.org/zipped/apdfprp.zip

This is what it says:

Decrypt protected Adobe Acrobat PDF files, which have "user" and/or "owner" passwords set, preventing the file from opening or editing, printing, selecting text and graphics etc.

Rahul
September 23rd, 2003, 01:32 PM
Ye try kar!!

http://www.searchlores.org/zipped/apdfprp.zip

This is what it says:

Decrypt protected Adobe Acrobat PDF files, which have "user" and/or "owner" passwords set, preventing the file from opening or editing, printing, selecting text and graphics etc.

Yeh saala password recovery program hey, lekin b4 running this one needs to buy it and put a license key

GpeL
September 23rd, 2003, 01:57 PM
Unregistered (trial) version decrypts only first 10% pages (but at least one page) of the documents, and replaces all other pages with blank (empty) ones; with a brute-force attack, passwords longer than 4 characters cannot be recovered; some dictionary-attack options are disabled.

Parashuram
September 23rd, 2003, 02:23 PM
http://www.crackpassword.com

smartganduinuk
September 23rd, 2003, 03:17 PM
saala print hee karna hain naa ?????

kaun see badi baat hain ? hayn ?

agar kuch dikhta hain screen pe - toh paper pe print bhee ho jaayega!!

itna hi-fi funda ka jaroorat nahi hain

1200 screen resolution kar - print screen button press kar keyboard pe - adobe photoshop / paintshoppro / paintbrush khol - paste kar - aur print kar

so simple

Super Girl
September 23rd, 2003, 05:04 PM
Rahul,

Get A full version of Adobe Acrobat 5 or 6. you know how to get it.;)

Open acrobat.

In acrobat 6, go to the Document menu, Select security and then click Display Restrictions and Security.

A dialog box will pop up. Click on Security in the left panel.

In the drop down menu of Security method, select Password security.

Another dialog box will pop up. Uncheck the box next to Use a password to restrict.......

Click OK and then OK.

Do save or a save as.

You should be fine now. Please call if you need help for acro 6 or 5.

PS: All will reply to all PMs and posta tomorrow. busy now.

Super Girl
September 23rd, 2003, 05:29 PM
Acrobat 5 instructions and I would recommend your get 5, it is easier to bypass.

Go to the File menu

Select Document Security

From the Document drop down menu, select Acrobat Std Security

Uncheck No printing. Click Ok and save the document.

If it is not password protected you ARE lucky and you can print now.

dirty
September 23rd, 2003, 06:01 PM
Abe Pondi hai kya acrobat format main! :D

Pubic ne hacking se leke pasword breaking , cut & paste , snapshot kya kya advice nahin diya !
Kamse kam print kar le mere bhai !

ShivSainik
September 23rd, 2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by smartganduinuk
saala print hee karna hain naa ?????

kaun see badi baat hain ? hayn ?

agar kuch dikhta hain screen pe - toh paper pe print bhee ho jaayega!!

itna hi-fi funda ka jaroorat nahi hain

1200 screen resolution kar - print screen button press kar keyboard pe - adobe photoshop / paintshoppro / paintbrush khol - paste kar - aur print kar

so simple

Kasam se sahi jawab diya hai :) Mana tereko :)
Because I was going to give same answer (Ma kasam ;))