PDA

View Full Version : Cookies with black coffee - surefire way to get acidity and heartburn

echarcha
September 3rd, 2003, 12:20 PM
Folks,

Last evening, I went home. I like black coffee without any sugar. I dont have the patience to make a filtered coffee so I make do with a strong roast instant coffee.

There were some Chips Ahoy chocolate chiop cookies lying around. I usually dont go for cookies but they were tempting. So I had a few with the coffee the desi way - dipping them in coffee and enjoying the taste. Reminded me of Gluco biscuits with tea.

Well, after about 30 minutes, I had this terribel feeling fo acidity or heartburn. A slight pain accompanied with burning sensation. Then I recalled that on the last few ocassions that I had heartburn symptomns, I had eaten this combo of cookies with black coffee.

Well, just thought I would share this information with you.

JaiSpeaks
September 3rd, 2003, 12:48 PM
Oh do not worry . I am off coffee tea beverages (soft and hard ) . long time ago

Parashuram
September 3rd, 2003, 05:02 PM
switched to Iced Tea and green tea long back ........

echarcha
September 3rd, 2003, 05:02 PM
I am not going to ever have cookies with black coffee. The acidity was so bad that today morning, I was passing hot coals while crapping! :down:

Parashuram
September 3rd, 2003, 05:15 PM
Cant imagine how folks drink espresso

JaiSpeaks
September 3rd, 2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by echarcha
I am not going to ever have cookies with black coffee. The acidity was so bad that today morning, I was passing hot coals while crapping! :down:

Next time u have this i have a very simple solution .. if u want to do it ..

Its call Jal dhauti . it's a procedure to clean the stomach .. just start now so u will have practice .

Drink 6-7 glasses of water and vomit it out ..

Do it once a week .. and ofcourse agar aise acid attacks aye to acid kam karne ke liye ..

Actually if u start doing it u will never have a acidity attack at all

loverboy260
September 3rd, 2003, 05:50 PM
actually if u have acid in ur stomach, shouldnt putting some "alkaline substance" neutralise the acidity?

but on a more serious note, has anyof u (apart from sunit) eaten biscuits with coffee? i havent, only with tea (and that indian style, if u dip ur biscuits in english tea, the tea doesnt really soak the bisucit properly, u should try!)
i will put biscuits in tea and hot choclate! i hate coffee anyway so i am safe!

tantric_yogi
September 3rd, 2003, 09:06 PM
One has to have a system of steel to drink Black coffee ... no milk or sugar. I do.

Combination of coffee and choco chips in cookies ... remember milk? Pandit Zen se konform kiya kldne se malum pedega ke milk ke saath aap ka kiya rishta hai rahu ketu mangal shani ka?

Some people rush to emergency rooms worried if they are having a heart attack.

Aapka daktor sahib aap ko Pepcidine prescribe kiya to ek tablet subah ko lega ek raat ko lega to yeh problem door nahin hoyega kiya?

If you can get rid of few kilos ... problem should disappear without any need for medication ... noh?

I think ... in my humble opinion.

just kidding.

Xandu
September 3rd, 2003, 10:16 PM
u r gettin old?? :D

the amt of coffee i intake, i should have been a walking blob of H2SO4 + HNO3

X

echarcha
September 4th, 2003, 09:56 AM
In the morning I dont have time to wait for tea. I drink a lot of water. That starts my stomach rumbling. Then a quick cup of instant black coffee opens the hell-gate ;) and then off to a nice crap and shower and then to work.

On weekends, when I have more time, I prefer tea.

But overall I found that cookies - especially Chips Ahoy cause lots of burning in my stomach. Just coffee - black or with milk - does not give me any problems.

echarcha
September 4th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by JaiSpeaks
Next time u have this i have a very simple solution .. if u want to do it ..

Its call Jal dhauti . it's a procedure to clean the stomach .. just start now so u will have practice .

Drink 6-7 glasses of water and vomit it out ..

Do it once a week .. and ofcourse agar aise acid attacks aye to acid kam karne ke liye ..

Actually if u start doing it u will never have a acidity attack at all

Thanks for this information. My mother has learnt Yoga and it was part of the training. Shama too knows Yoga and knows about this.

Now I am a fat slob who only likes "Shavasan" from Yoga where you just lie down like a corpse ;)

I will try this sometime, but I am very fortunate that I dont get acidity problems. I drink atleast two big glasses or 500 ml bottle of water after waking up. This sort of flushes my system.

Years ago, when I had first signs of acidity, I consulted a very close friend's sister who was doing her final year MD in Mumbai's Grant Medical college. She said - no medicine. Just start drinking as much water as you can in the morning.

I started that practise and never had acidity problems ever since. God bless her for such wonderful medical advise.

Well, today when I drink a lot of water, then have a small cup of coffee and then milk with cereals, the combination is deadly. As soon as I reach office, I am peeing my guts out! Sometimes if I get caught in traffic.... :eek: I just have to get to a bathroom. Boy.. I pee like we used to in college after lots of beers! :D

Diplomat
September 4th, 2003, 10:45 AM
choclate is to blame.