PDA

View Full Version : IBM fires 600

Zen
August 19th, 2003, 10:34 AM
500 new jobs in India ... idhar ja ke padh lo!
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/uncomp/articleshow?msid=138128

echarcha
August 19th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Main phir se selfish thoughts bolunga... Call me what you want..

This outsourcing might be good for India, but what about Indians like me? I want my job here, for my own personal selfish reasons.

GpeL
August 19th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Man.. by the time the dust settles down, there will be wholesale hatred on Indians over here in USA :eek:

Diplomat
August 19th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by echarcha
Main phir se selfish thoughts bolunga... Call me what you want..

This outsourcing might be good for India, but what about Indians like me? I want my job here, for my own personal selfish reasons.

:D why not give them an indian offer in america??

u get to stay in america and they get their bottom line fat :D

j/k

Zen
August 19th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Nobody read the news ... Those jobs ARE NOT going to india!
Chill dudes.. was juss focking with you! ... it's all good!!

Zen
August 19th, 2003, 10:56 AM
On a serious note - This is what IBM told to their employees!
Actually those jobs have to go to India ...and you are right cha pai, this is a matter to be worried about for GC holders.

echarcha
August 19th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Zen
On a serious note - This is what IBM told to their employees!
Actually those jobs have to go to India ...and you are right cha pai, this is a matter to be worried about for GC holders.
I did read the news. One laid off employee said in anger that "why not outsource the CEO from India and save some money?"

I can understand the feelings. I have been without work for quite some time in 2001 and early 2002. I can completely sympathise with them.

GpeL
August 19th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Not really.. not all..

Peepz like me are tightly glued to their office seats.. our jobs cannot and will not go to India. Reason.. wallstreet jindabaad.

He he he...

Zen
August 19th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by GpeL
Not really.. not all..

Peepz like me are tightly glued to their office seats.. our jobs cannot and will not go to India. Reason.. wallstreet jindabaad.

He he he...

pelu, You'd agree - the SW market is getting generic product centric. Big time product developers like IBM, Microsoft have been outsourcing! ... may be some custom products me remain in USA but if product development goes to India - this gonna hurt!

echarcha
August 19th, 2003, 11:47 AM
India is my motherland and I feel proud. This is all good till it does not hit you in a personal way. What if 90% of jobs in software go to India? Then we have to go back. Nothing wrong, but have you thought that there will be so much competition even back home and with dime a dozen availability of programmers and other professionals, .. its scary...

I dont know.. but I still have a few more years to go in USA before I can think of returning to India.