PDA

View Full Version : Netscape Sucks IE rocks

YedaAnna
June 9th, 2003, 10:28 AM
What browser do you use? I use and will keep using IE. No matter what IE is the best. I just installed Netscape 7.0 and it sucks big time. It doesnt even recognise the most basic of tags like <hr color size>... Total Bakwaas... And talking of anti-trust, look who is talking:rolleyes:... This damn browser has installed links to AOL free internet in my IE favorites and also many other places... Takes ages to load a page... Total Faaltu

Ghar mein Opera lekin itz ok ok sorts:rolleyes:... But Browsers mein No.1 IE:up:
Yeda-IE Man-Anna:up:

GpeL
June 9th, 2003, 10:32 AM
I at home use a browser called netcaptor.

Its great.. it deletes all history/cookies when you close the browser.. very helpful if you happen to browse desibaba and later your kids or your wifey comes and uses the same computer..

History is gone.. history :D :D

smartganduinuk
June 9th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by GpeL
I at home use a browser called netcaptor.

Its great.. it deletes all history/cookies when you close the browser.. very helpful if you happen to browse desibaba and later your kids or your wifey comes and uses the same computer..

History is gone.. history :D :D

had a quick look at netcaptor

this is what they say:NetCaptor requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0+ to be installed on the computer

and they charge 30 bucks for downloading netcaptor - we are used to free browsers :D:D

Budmaas
June 9th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Internet Yeda Explorer version 5.5

6 sux ... mostly java problem

GpeL
June 9th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by smartganduinuk

and they charge 30 bucks for downloading netcaptor - we are used to free browsers :D:D

You obviously are looking to download it from the wrong places :D :D

I got it for free. ;)

echarcha
June 9th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Ie6.0

It really is an excellent browser. Rendering is so fast and its quite forgiving of bad HTML. Netscape 4.79 will show you the bad HTML immediately. So when we used to design HTML pages, we always checkd it in Netscape to see if any tag was not properly closed or something was missing etc. IE is really good.

echarcha
June 9th, 2003, 10:42 AM
and some of the features they have like MDI interface.

Budmaas
June 9th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Opera me sab kuchh idhar-udhar dikh raha hai bhaai . . :cry:

mai nahe use karne ja raha ishko . . :smash:

Ravi
June 9th, 2003, 11:30 AM
IE is a nice browser. But the fact that IE is so intricately integrated into WIndows, makes it a very serious security risk, and I usually avoid having to use it.
Netscape 7 is good. But since AOL got control of it, I want to move.

Mozilla is slow, but I like it. Security risk is minimal.

Also, Micro$oft plays lot of Nakhara with IE, that it won't support pluggins, that it won't be happy with Java, that it won't block pop-ups makes me angry. I am also tired of their never ending dialog boxes [you've got to get used to them, if you disable activex controls].

To me, it's also morally wrong to use IE.

Diplomat
June 9th, 2003, 11:56 AM
I use opera.
But plugins are a big headache.
MSN interactive is always "not available"
I have to use IE for that.

wmac
June 9th, 2003, 06:59 PM
IE 6.0 has dramatically changed the behaviour with Cookies.

When it does not like a site it will not accept cookies from it, even if you add the site and URL to trusted sites list or even local network list, Even if you override automatic cookie handling, even if you tell it to accept first and third party cookies....

I have some sites which used to work on IE6 a few months ago but now they have stopped working because IE6 does not accept their cookies.

I am forced to use netscape on those sites to be able to login etc...

I have visited some PHP programming forums like phpbuilde, devshed etc and it seems every web programmer hates IE6 because of the way it bahaviours with cookies.

I have almost put away cookies because of this and use sessions instead. (they are safer too)

Mac

ShivSainik
June 9th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Mozilla :up:

I haven't faced any problems with it so far. When mozilla is unable to show some facy stuff netscape is there for me. But IE is no no ....

BTW I cant use IE because its only available on windowz. :rolleyes:. Poor platfrom specific software :down:

BTW for poor windoz guys take a look at this :
http://www.f-secure.com/bugbear/

Sick :down:

compukid
June 9th, 2003, 10:13 PM
hi,
try Firebird...its mozilla's browser only component...i think it rocks..
other than that IE 6...
bye.