PDA

View Full Version : Is smoking marijuana healthy? Your opinion please.

amal
May 11th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Is smoking marijuana healthy? Your opinion please. Thanks.

DesiBaba
May 11th, 2003, 04:08 PM
http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8124&highlight=marijuana

Big-G
May 11th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Yes. Smoking marijuana is very good for health. You feel like the most powerful man in the world. YOu ain't scared of no one. You feel you can take on anyone. You feel very happy all the time. Everything seems funny.

vakil sahib
May 12th, 2003, 12:23 AM
whilst no drug of this type can be healthy marijuana is considered to be much less dangerous then, say, alcohol. alcohol kills many more people every year then marijuana.

wmac
May 12th, 2003, 02:13 AM
From my point of view everything that you will get used to it and it will be difficualt to live without it, can be considered bad for your helth. Even if it is love! :) Because there is always a chance that you can not have aceess to it and then it will become a big problem for your mental and physical health.

Mac

tantric_yogi
May 12th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Big-G
Yes. Smoking marijuana is very good for health. You feel like the most powerful man in the world. YOu ain't scared of no one. You feel you can take on anyone. You feel very happy all the time. Everything seems funny.

Discussions related to marijuana being good for health are too controversical to pleasently deal with, I think. Marijuana is not as dangerous or addictive as tobacco or alcohol and nicotine in cigs is almost as addicitive as morphine! Marijuana might be a start or gateway to experiments with more dangerous drugs ... so could alcohol ... no?

I think ... llkc.

JaiSpeaks
May 12th, 2003, 07:56 AM
I had started drinking for some time . ek din halat kharab ho gayi . nauseous ho gaya tha . went sick for like 4-5 days . tab se chua nahi hai .. sweared it .. i would never touch it again ..

Big-G
May 12th, 2003, 08:56 AM
On a serious note, I have tried it three times. The experience was very unpleasant. I think it depends a lot on the type of person you are. If you are the kind who can just leave your mind to float away, then it's a nice roller coaster ride. As for me, I was all the while trying to get control over my thoughts and my minds. I was tired by the time effects wore off. But those around me really enjoyed the hit.

The effects were mindblowing though. The past, present and future were kinda fusing into one. Each moment seemed like an eternity. After every few seconds I used to feel as if I just woke from sleep. I was doing the same thing over and over as I had forgotten if I did it before. If you close your eyes, you can actually create your own little world.

But I have no idea about whether it is good for health. I would stay away from it and would advise the same. For experimentation, perhaps. But it can be addictive in the long run. And worst part is that it stays in the system for almost 40 days.

GpeL
May 12th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Tried it once. Loved it.. its different.. but did not like it enough to try it again.

And no it is not good for health.. (unless you are a cancer patient and are using it as a pain killer).

Jat
May 12th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Big-G
On a serious note, I have tried it three times. The experience was very unpleasant. I think it depends a lot on the type of person you are. If you are the kind who can just leave your mind to float away, then it's a nice roller coaster ride. As for me, I was all the while trying to get control over my thoughts and my minds. I was tired by the time effects wore off. But those around me really enjoyed the hit.

The effects were mindblowing though. The past, present and future were kinda fusing into one. Each moment seemed like an eternity. After every few seconds I used to feel as if I just woke from sleep. I was doing the same thing over and over as I had forgotten if I did it before. If you close your eyes, you can actually create your own little world.

But I have no idea about whether it is good for health. I would stay away from it and would advise the same. For experimentation, perhaps. But it can be addictive in the long run. And worst part is that it stays in the system for almost 40 days.

HAd quite a same experience .Have tried it a few times only in life to be precise 5 times .Once on Holi every year and twice in between apart from holi for the sole purpose of experimentation and I had a fantastic experience sort of a meditative effect .

It appeared to me as if the complete mystery of the universe is being revealed to me on my own as if I am myself putting mysterious questions to myself and then myself answering them .

There was a constant struggle between my conscious mind and subconscious mind and gradually the Subconscious mind won and the conscious thinking was all gone and I was floating in my own world .In between the conscious thinking used to come back momentarily and reminded me that what I am doing is wrong but then it just use to subdue .

The complete body and the mind felt as if the topmost layer has been paralysed and it used to take a lot of effort to change the attention from one point to another .The very fist activity which I started with after finishing off with the last drag , the very same activity I continued for a long time , till my roomie took hold of me and made me lie down .

Also I had a glimpse of myself in the mirror ( I have this tsrange habit of looking inthe mirror whenever I get drunk or smoke to see as to how do I look like and strangely my facial features had changed , poori shakal tayri mayri ho gayee thee , my already longnose had protruded a lot more and eyes had literally bulged out , and my face had become as red as an apple and the whole figure was sort of leaning out of the body as if it wanted to come out of it , there was no weight inmy legs and I felt as if meri taangay hawaa may ulti uth gayee hai and I am floating in the air )

Once I satrted polishing my shoes immediately after takingthe last drag and my roomoie told me the other day that I kept on talking to him for 45 minutes and kept on polishing the same shoe on the same side over and over again .The other time when I took it he asked me to look at somebody's pic who is very near and dear to me and whose pic I have on my table , and for an hour or so my gaze was fixed on to that pic and I wasn't doing any other thing except looking at that person's pic .

I am of the opinion that one shud definitely give it a try atleast once a year for the sake of experimentation if and only if he / she happens to be a smoker .

The worst thing is that it has got a **** al smell and u feel very dry after smoking it and also a lot hungry and your taste buds get screwed up .

I feel like giving it another try right now .Bloddy my roomie is a regular marijuana smoker and all the time I am afraid that I dont pick up this addiction :::(

Zen
May 12th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by amal
Is smoking marijuana healthy? Your opinion please. Thanks.

It may be lesser addictive initially but its smoke is lot more worst for human lungs than thickest cigaars - saw in a TV ad.

Sometimes I get bad migrain headaches. Sometimes doctors have to use nothing less than Demarol (spelling) to control it - this drug is way stronger and is addictive - it knocks me off for hours, So is one of the priscribed madicines called Vicodine.

I must say - I try harder to control my headache via precautions just to save my body and mind from these medicines! and I have been successful. The deep sleep is ok but I hate to loose control on my thoughts!

I never smoked weed - never will. I don't subscribe to the philosophy that everything should be tried once. On the other hand I belive in not burning my hands to confirm that fire is hot! we have seen enough burnt hands and houses as a proof. ;)

JaiSpeaks
May 12th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Jat
HAd quite a same experience .Have tried it a few times only in life to be precise 5 times .Once on Holi every year and twice in between apart from holi for the sole purpose of experimentation and I had a fantastic experience sort of a meditative effect .

It appeared to me as if the complete mystery of the universe is being revealed to me on my own as if I am myself putting mysterious questions to myself and then myself answering them .

There was a constant struggle between my conscious mind and subconscious mind and gradually the Subconscious mind won and the conscious thinking was all gone and I was floating in my own world .In between the conscious thinking used to come back momentarily and reminded me that what I am doing is wrong but then it just use to subdue .

The complete body and the mind felt as if the topmost layer has been paralysed and it used to take a lot of effort to change the attention from one point to another .The very fist activity which I started with after finishing off with the last drag , the very same activity I continued for a long time , till my roomie took hold of me and made me lie down .

Also I had a glimpse of myself in the mirror ( I have this tsrange habit of looking inthe mirror whenever I get drunk or smoke to see as to how do I look like and strangely my facial features had changed , poori shakal tayri mayri ho gayee thee , my already longnose had protruded a lot more and eyes had literally bulged out , and my face had become as red as an apple and the whole figure was sort of leaning out of the body as if it wanted to come out of it , there was no weight inmy legs and I felt as if meri taangay hawaa may ulti uth gayee hai and I am floating in the air )

Once I satrted polishing my shoes immediately after takingthe last drag and my roomoie told me the other day that I kept on talking to him for 45 minutes and kept on polishing the same shoe on the same side over and over again .The other time when I took it he asked me to look at somebody's pic who is very near and dear to me and whose pic I have on my table , and for an hour or so my gaze was fixed on to that pic and I wasn't doing any other thing except looking at that person's pic .

I am of the opinion that one shud definitely give it a try atleast once a year for the sake of experimentation if and only if he / she happens to be a smoker .

The worst thing is that it has got a **** al smell and u feel very dry after smoking it and also a lot hungry and your taste buds get screwed up .

I feel like giving it another try right now .Bloddy my roomie is a regular marijuana smoker and all the time I am afraid that I dont pick up this addiction :::(

kyon itni lambi chod raha hai

tantric_yogi
May 12th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Aaj kal healthy rakha hee kiya hai ... Can marijuana, alcohol or tobacco do any more damage to one's health then say food we eat?

sorry did not even realize that this thread started by Amalji ... welcome back bhaYa ... kidar challe gaye teen saal ... aur aaye bee to yeh kiya marijuana kee buri aadat leke aaye?

:D

tantric_yogi
May 12th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Zen
Sometimes I get bad migrain headaches. Sometimes doctors have to use nothing less than Demarol (spelling) to control it - this drug is way stronger and is addictive - it knocks me off for hours, So is one of the priscribed madicines called Vicodine.

I think, I heard someone tell me that homeopathy can cure migraine ... for good! If you can find a real honest to good homeopathy practioner. Not the homegrown paanch rupaii kee puriya type practicing every street corner back home ...

I heard from someone that they have some excellent homeopathy software. It can take anywhere from two to three hours for initial and one hour consulatations thereafter. So if you visit a homeopathic practitioner and he has long queue or pretend to know enough to rid of you in 30 minutes ... forget it.

I think someone told me that expect migraine to get worse before it gets better.

Jat
May 13th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by JaiSpeaks
kyon itni lambi chod raha hai

Have you ever smoked marijuana :rolleyes:

Try once and you will understand that these hallucinations can be best understood ONLY by personally experiencing them .