PDA

View Full Version : Are there schizophrenic's on echarcha talking to themselves w/different usernames?

Jat
March 27th, 2003, 05:49 AM
Just an ovservation, but I have noticed several people on echarcha sounding exactly alike in the way they post, what they post about, and specific views on certain topics.

So, if I am not opening too large a can of worms, who do you think might be the same individual using different usernames?

One person having two separate identities on echarcha requires the use of a sock puppet .A sock puppet is when one person has more than one accounts (with different usernames), so when said person has a view on a subject and no one else backs them up, their "sock" chimes in with "Yes, yes! What they said was right! I agree!"

Hmm. I look at style, post times, and post counts.

I've noticed when some people post, and others are not agreeing, someone commonly comes to the rescue. Of course this can happen and it can be completely legit, in fact most of the time I bet, but there are instances where the coincidence is just too thick. Some people here find Big-G and Tempest tend to have quite similar views. Then again, they are both quite ecclesiastic.

Some Sophist Schizophrenics here might say that " I think the people around here that "seem" the same on certain views are just showing an overlap (or "intersection" if you're a big fan of Venn diagrams). On a certain topic they might say similar things (if not identical). But over the course of all their posting there are big differences. Other than that, I have no idea."

A sock puppet occurs when a person registers under multiple accounts. When the primary poster offers a controversial position, the sock puppet is there to chime in with "You're Right!, You're Right!" if no one else does.

That is all I can think of right now.

Some sceptics here now might say that

" I have an alternate idea, if you don't mind me butting into this private conversation. They aren't sock puppets, they're friends. Two (or however many) posters find that they have similar ideas and/or posting styles. Due to this, they begin interacting with each other more. Through their increased interactions, they unconsciously start adopting each other's posting styles, which then become increasingly similar. Some people on echarcha are just very similar in their views. It would help if I could make a Venn diagram to show an "intersection" of opinion (I am a big fan of them). However, if you read all of the posts of each of the posters in question, then you will notice some distinctions. "

*Time to figure out who posts a lot like Big-G ;) *.

Arabian Knight
March 27th, 2003, 05:59 AM
LOL .... look who's talking about multiple ID's :p

PS : Can you let others rate your threads ? :rolleyes:

Dada
March 27th, 2003, 06:00 AM
*sigh* :D

Super Girl
March 27th, 2003, 07:02 AM
As Narci urf Jat would say...

sigh........ me, myself and my gazillion IDs... will somebody ever help me

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :p

echarcha
March 27th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Initially when Jat id came up I did nto think it was Narci. I thought it was a original ID. But before I could decide to look up IPs our dear old Narci let the cat out of the bag that Jat is also Narci :clap: :D

JaiSpeaks
March 27th, 2003, 09:26 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ROTFL ....

I am Dying .............. Help Me

Super Girl
March 27th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Jat
Some people here find Big-G and Tempest tend to have quite similar views. Then again, they are both quite ecclesiastic.

ecclesiastic??????!!!!! do you know the meaning, man?

Just in case you do not.. here it is

Ecclesiastic(n) - Clergyman

Ecclesiastic(a) - Ecclesiastical -
1 : of or relating to a church especially as an established institution
2 : suitable for use in a church

:D :D :D

nydood
March 27th, 2003, 09:35 AM
wait.. i thought he was cras... :confused:
:D :D

Big-G
March 27th, 2003, 09:37 AM
It's not funny folks :(

This just reveals that Narci not only has schizo tendencies, but he DOES NOT know he has them. Makes it a lot worse, don't ya think?

Jat
March 27th, 2003, 09:55 AM
:D:D ROTFLMAO :D:D